Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Acer V287K 28" 4K monitor - NOW $249 - Adaptive Sync / HDR10 Support / 4ms (G to G) / 90% DCI-P3 / TUV/Eyesafe Cert.

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 21st, 2023 5:52 pm
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area

[Walmart] Acer V287K 28" 4K monitor - NOW $249 - Adaptive Sync / HDR10 Support / 4ms (G to G) / 90% DCI-P3 / TUV/Eyesafe Cert.

UPDATE : Now $249
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/PRD1BDHJAHLE9MG

Thanks @expergo [post]

--------------

Two references. Seems to be identical except for the packaging : one is brown, the other white with pictures of the monitor.

- In-Store : limited stocks, so YMMV.
- Online : max 1 per order. You could buy one of each references in one order as it's two different SKUs.

StockTrack
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&search=Acer%20V287K

Walmart :
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/PRD5A0U4NCA9JA9
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/PRD1BDHJAHLE9MG

I bought three and I'm happy with it. Noticeable color differences between the panels. I was able to tweak colors with GPU settings (no access to color settings on the monitors if you enable "HDR Auto").

So, now it's time to you to destroy my dreams and to tell me it's a bad deal, a bad product, a bad year and that there's bad weather.

1... 2... 3... GO!
Last edited by bimbamboum on Mar 16th, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
41 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 13, 2021
1122 posts
1176 upvotes
bimbamboum wrote: So, now it's time to you to destroy my dreams and to tell me it's a bad deal, a bad product, a bad year and that there's bad weather.

1... 2... 3... GO!
Glad to oblige: Only displays 1.07 billion colors, no VGA port, no 360 degree viewing angle, annus horribilis, freezing rain....

Sells by 3rd party on Amazon for $344 when in stock.
Last edited by BenKlaar on Feb 9th, 2023 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 19, 2018
67 posts
44 upvotes
Is the StockTrack price history reliable?Seems this monitor is selling at this price most of the time?
Jun 21, 2019
228 posts
270 upvotes
bimbamboum wrote: So, now it's time to you to destroy my dreams and to tell me it's a bad deal, a bad product, a bad year and that there's bad weather.
It's not 800x600 16bit and its not $100. Come on man how else will I be able to afford my Kirkland sweats and beige corolla with spending $300 on a monitor.
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area
Ytterbium wrote: What are you expecting at this price point?
Probably a new Lexus
Jun 23, 2007
48 posts
28 upvotes
Kitchener
4ms (G to G) is not good. 1ms or you're throwing your money away.
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area
comicbomber wrote: 4ms (G to G) is not good. 1ms or you're throwing your money away.
It depend on what you do with it.

I didn’t notice any lag on Microsoft Word.
Jan 2, 2015
744 posts
902 upvotes
Montréal area
For whoever that might be interested :

FInally bought 3 refubed one on amazon from Acer officiel refurbisher and I'm happy with it ($259 each at that time). Only issue is that color is different on each screen but a little tweaking with colors in nVidia control panel and it was perfect.

Working on 28"/4K is heaven.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
FWIW I run my Dell 4K 27" at the equivalent of 1440p from my MacBook and it looks good and is just the right size to maintain good real estate and reasonably sized text at arm's length viewing.

Not sure what the point of more than 60hz would be on a $300 4K display. If you're gaming and want the extra frames, odds are you're not looking at 4K displays at this price point.

You're either looking for lower rez high refresh rate displays or you're spending a lot more on a 4K high refresh display to go with your 4090 or whatever you need these days to game at 4K resolution.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2007
4044 posts
8902 upvotes
Vancouver
torontotim wrote: FWIW I run my Dell 4K 27" at the equivalent of 1440p from my MacBook and it looks good and is just the right size to maintain good real estate and reasonably sized text at arm's length viewing.

Not sure what the point of more than 60hz would be on a $300 4K display. If you're gaming and want the extra frames, odds are you're not looking at 4K displays at this price point.

You're either looking for lower rez high refresh rate displays or you're spending a lot more on a 4K high refresh display to go with your 4090 or whatever you need these days to game at 4K resolution.
Everything is smoother at higher refresh rate, even not gaming

So yes I want a 144hz+ 4k monitor, why not
Deal Fanatic
Nov 17, 2012
5379 posts
4994 upvotes
Toronto
danascully wrote: Everything is smoother at higher refresh rate, even not gaming

So yes I want a 144hz+ 4k monitor, why not
Well sure higher refresh rates are always nicer - the 120hz 'Pro Motion' mini LED display on my 14" MacBook Pro is sweet as is the same display on my 12.9 M1 iPad Pro and my iPhone. They're all pleasures to use no question.

If you can get a 27 inch 4k 144hz display for $300 please by all means share.

For 99% of what people do, 60hz is plenty and we're talking about a $300 4K display.

60fps video looks great (Dave2D does his YouTube vids in 60fps and they're very nice to watch) and if you're dragging your mouse/windows around so much on your display that >60hz is a meaningful difference for you, then perhaps you're spending too much time dragging windows around or doom scrolling.

Outside gaming, what's the use case for 144hz?
Dec 19, 2012
159 posts
398 upvotes
CALGARY
It's RFD. The Ram and Refresh Rate police are everywhere. If a device isn't 64gb with a 3090 and paired to a 240hz screen you can't possibly load microsoft word and surf the internet, let alone watch a youtube video.
Sep 20, 2005
676 posts
438 upvotes
Milton
torontotim wrote: Outside gaming, what's the use case for 144hz?
Scrolling up-and-down webpages at a speed where you are guaranteed not to know (let alone comprehend) what you are seeing, but just want the content to move jitter-free for the thrill of knowing you can.
Feb 28, 2020
353 posts
994 upvotes
I purchased this monitor months ago. $299 is the regular price at Walmart. It works well, has a VESA mount, and a 3 year Acer warranty. It’s a bare bones 4k monitor but it works well for my use case (office work).
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2021
1113 posts
1961 upvotes
bimbamboum wrote: Probably a new Lexus
Wouldn't be able to live with myself if I paid those prices for a rebadged Toyota. :)

Upvoted, thanks for sharing.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)