Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Hmm i heard the problem only get worse, some even reports multiple times/day after it occurs. Either way, just pay close attention to your monitor.
That's what I read too. Thank goodness for 3 year warranty and a repair depot close by. I feel that at this price, it's worth the risk.

For $229, you would normally only be able to get a 1080p monitor
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Model: VG271U
Chips: RTD2797UPM
Panel: INX M270KCJ K7B
Date: 20180929 Version 0.04

Seems like mine is Sept 2018 but box it came in says Dec 2018 lol..

Edit: I've got one green pixel on a black screen.

http://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm
Lol yes we have the exact same specs, but mine says November 2018 on the box.

I did read a fella's report online with the exact same specs as ours that his panel turned out fine if that's any consolation for us
Sep 23, 2014
625 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Mine is the same Dec.2018 on box, sept.29 on screen. It's been solid so far. Fingers cross.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Just got my first flicker, goes very quick but very noticeable lol. Upper mid left of the screen, looked like it was a vertical line going from the top of the screen to the bottom.

Edit: Going to see what Acer says about it.
Oh no ☹️
Acer has a very good online chat system if you don't get far with them via phone.

I prefer online chat as you can request to have them email you a copy of the chat session for your reference.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49086 posts
5730 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: Oh no ☹️
Acer has a very good online chat system if you don't get far with them via phone.

I prefer online chat as you can request to have them email you a copy of the chat session for your reference.
Got an RMA number already, within 10 minutes of live chat. Impressive, said there was no fix and i had to return it in order for them to fix it. So no firmware update to address the issue like someone mentioned?

Now.. Do i want to RMA it in hopes that they fix it? Otherwise if i RMA it then i'll be out of the Walmart return policy. Would like to find some feedback regarding those who did RMA it, if it was fixed or not, replaced with new panel?

Prepaid label, to the Mississauga RMA facility, they have one in Vancouver BC too.
Last edited by Jimboski on Aug 23rd, 2019 9:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sep 23, 2014
625 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I'd rather RMA, WM wouldn't let you exchange. And it'll be tough to find another monitor with the same specs at this price.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Got an RMA number already, within 10 minutes of live chat. Impressive, said there was no fix and i had to return it in order for them to fix it. So no firmware update to address the issue like someone mentioned?

Now.. Do i want to RMA it in hopes that they fix it? Otherwise if i RMA it then i'll be out of the Walmart return policy. Would like to find some feedback regarding those who did RMA it, if it was fixed or not, replaced with new panel?

Prepaid label, to the Mississauga RMA facility, they have one in Vancouver BC too.
You have 14 days to exchange it at WM.

The fear I have is will I get a panel that's worse if I RMA it. How frequently is it flickering for you now? Every 10 minutes?
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Got an RMA number already, within 10 minutes of live chat. Impressive, said there was no fix and i had to return it in order for them to fix it. So no firmware update to address the issue like someone mentioned?

I'd like to know if there's a firmware for download as well. Only the driver is available on their website.

Perhaps ask them in chat if there's a firmware they could send you?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49086 posts
5730 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: You have 14 days to exchange it at WM.

The fear I have is will I get a panel that's worse if I RMA it. How frequently is it flickering for you now? Every 10 minutes?
That's what i'm scared of lol. I don't wanna RMA it to have a equal or worse panel. Flicker only happened once, in like 5-6 hours but the scary part is that it gets worse apparently..

If Acer can actually fix it then i'd be more comfortable but if they're going to return it back to me and say "sorry we couldn't replicate the issue you had" then i'm screwed lol.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes

You know what... On 2nd thought just RMA it. Chances are all WM stock is old stock so you won't fare much better returning it.

Acer is offering a 3 year warranty with repair depots in our neighbourhood so it's our consumer right to use it to its fullest. It's their responsibility to solve this issue for us
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: That's what i'm scared of lol. I don't wanna RMA it to have a equal or worse panel. Flicker only happened once, in like 5-6 hours but the scary part is that it gets worse apparently..

If Acer can actually fix it then i'd be more comfortable but if they're going to return it back to me and say "sorry we couldn't replicate the issue you had" then i'm screwed lol.
5-6 hours ain't bad.

Ask them if they replace OR repair panels?

If they can't replicate the issue, they may just send the same one back to you.

I believe the rep told me they only repair your existing panel so the chances of you getting the same panel back are quite high. Please confirm with them though.

I'd take a picture of your monitor data plate at the back too just so you can verify when they give it back to you that it is in fact the same one you shipped
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49086 posts
5730 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: 5-6 hours ain't bad.

Ask them if they replace OR repair panels?

If they can't replicate the issue, they may just send the same one back to you.

I believe the rep told me they only repair your existing panel so the chances of you getting the same panel back are quite high. Please confirm with them though.

I'd take a picture of your monitor data plate at the back too just so you can verify when they give it back to you that it is in fact the same one you shipped
I've finished talking to them already. Just gonna take a picture of the screen info menu, all that matters if i get a newer manufactured panel or not. If i get it back and it's the same date then they either fixed it or replaced it with another panel that's exactly the same.