Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Aug 20, 2019
113 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Yup i'm still keeping 1 and RMA'ing it. Also just going to return the second one because it's too risky selling it to a friend at cost and possibly having to RMA that unit multiple times for them. Was hoping i'd get one good panel out of the two but nope.
Mine is flickering every 5 hours or so now. I'm going to try to record a video while I'm using my computer. Hopefully I can have some video evidence for the RMA.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
48687 posts
5568 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: Mine is flickering every 5 hours or so now. I'm going to try to record a video while I'm using my computer. Hopefully I can have some video evidence for the RMA.
I'm still using mine with a RMA approved and tracking number ready lol. I don't know what i'm waiting for, will probably send it out soon but would be super pissed if they just send it back. Surely by now they've acknowledged the problems with Innolux panels pre 2019 manufacture date.

The flicker still happens, can't tell if it's more frequent the more hours it has or not though.
Jul 17, 2016
35 posts
17 upvotes
I got the INX version with Date: 20180929 Version 0.04. Have any of you guys with flickers tried using Version 1.0 driver? Did it help? I'm still at 0.04, don't want to mess with it if there is no flickers. Just started mine today.
Sep 23, 2014
622 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Bam25th wrote: I got the INX version with Date: 20180929 Version 0.04. Have any of you guys with flickers tried using Version 1.0 driver? Did it help? I'm still at 0.04, don't want to mess with it if there is no flickers. Just started mine today.
Mine is the same as yours, no flicker yet. I think you should only update when there's flicker.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4289 posts
5702 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
I wish there was a way to test the damn monitor for flickering. I think I got 1-2 flickers, but I wasn't paying attention to that screen at the time.

I sent in an RMA request today. Return period ends in a week..
Aug 20, 2019
113 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: I'm still using mine with a RMA approved and tracking number ready lol. I don't know what i'm waiting for, will probably send it out soon but would be super pissed if they just send it back. Surely by now they've acknowledged the problems with Innolux panels pre 2019 manufacture date.

The flicker still happens, can't tell if it's more frequent the more hours it has or not though.
I'm just waiting for video evidence. Then they can't possibly give it back to me without doing something.

A friend that worked at Sony told me to heat it up with a screen cycle test online that cycles through different screens. Then quickly switch to a bright white screen and the flicker will show. Hm... I will try this.

He says it's seldom the panel is the issue. It's generally the cheap components they used to drive the panel that are failing under heat?
Aug 20, 2019
113 posts
112 upvotes
Bam25th wrote: I got the INX version with Date: 20180929 Version 0.04. Have any of you guys with flickers tried using Version 1.0 driver? Did it help? I'm still at 0.04, don't want to mess with it if there is no flickers. Just started mine today.
I have the same specs as you.

My flickering is so rare but it does happen.
The driver before and after didn't make any difference. So I think you're safe
Aug 20, 2019
113 posts
112 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: I wish there was a way to test the damn monitor for flickering. I think I got 1-2 flickers, but I wasn't paying attention to that screen at the time.

I sent in an RMA request today. Return period ends in a week..
Mine flickers every 5-6 hrs or so and no dead pixels. If it stays this way for 3-5 years and doesn't get worse, I'd say it's a win. I'm anxious though.
Aug 20, 2019
113 posts
112 upvotes
Ok guys, I've started my RMA process. Will drop it off at the repair depot in the next couple of days. Will keep you posted. For all those with slight flickering, I can confirm that it does get worse over time as it did with mine.

Initially mine was every 5-6 hrs. Now it's 20 minutes within booting up and about every 30 minutes.

So I would advise sending it for RMA even with the slightest flickering as they say it will only worsen with more up time.
Sep 23, 2014
622 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I have an RMA ticket opened just in case lmao.
Aug 20, 2019
113 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: My ticket was opened within hours of me opening up the monitor. Just so lazy to unmount it from the wall and package it up and ship it out..
You have 3 years no worries. I just want to get on it while this issue with this particular model is still fresh in their minds that's all.
Sep 23, 2014
622 posts
895 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I've been playing around with "black boost" setting and it actually reduces the IPS glow to a certain degree.

My screen also has blotchy corner spots that i thought was BLB, but they've improved a week in. So far so good overall , now just praying that i won't get the flickers Person With Folded HandsPerson With Folded Hands.