Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Apr 27, 2013
493 posts
521 upvotes
Just got my acer monitor and I like it a lot. My manufacturing date is December 2018(on the box and back of monitor) and I get September 2018 on the screen menu.
So far so good, will keep you updated!
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Any update?
Nothing yet (which is a good thing because I'm assuming they're doing their due diligence to actually replace the defective parts instead of sending it back to me saying nothing wrong with it)

I'll wait until early October and ask for an update from them then. Or perhaps they'll have some good news before then who knows...

Will keep you guys posted once I receive it in my hands and do some test runs.

How's everyone's flickering? I'd imagine it'd be more frequent now with longer panel run times.
Oct 27, 2009
27 posts
4 upvotes
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Shows $499 for me?
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
I just received an automated email from them late this afternoon stating that my unit has been repaired and awaiting pickup/shipment.

I plan to pickup tomorrow if time from work.
Will keep you all posted. Fingers crossed that they replaced parts!
Mar 17, 2007
110 posts
35 upvotes
Can you buy at $499 and then price guarantee when it drops again?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49034 posts
5692 upvotes
Toronto
efrivela wrote: Can you buy at $499 and then price guarantee when it drops again?
Yes it has to be at the lower price and in stock. It's going to be hard to price adjust quick enough to be honest.. Best is to just wait till the price drops and buy it then.
Mar 17, 2007
110 posts
35 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Yes it has to be at the lower price and in stock. It's going to be hard to price adjust quick enough to be honest.. Best is to just wait till the price drops and buy it then.
Thanks much appreciated. I just need a damn monitor now after buying the alienware pc from best buy. Might just buy this at full price
Sep 23, 2014
624 posts
902 upvotes
Toronto, ON
efrivela wrote: Thanks much appreciated. I just need a damn monitor now after buying the alienware pc from best buy. Might just buy this at full price
Pls don't, that is too high of a price for panel lottery.
Jul 29, 2018
72 posts
12 upvotes
hoping to pick this up! please advise when in stock
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
I picked up my monitor mid morning today. I haven't tested it yet as I'm still at work.

I did speak with the technician that worked on my panel, and I'm happy to report that he did replace parts after consultation with their Acer engineer in the USA.

They replaced with an updated main board and power supply. The panel was left alone he says.

Now prior to my RMA, I did read that generally speaking, the panel itself is perfectly fine (unless you have a dead pixel), but rather it's the mediocre components that they used to DRIVE the panel that are questionable. So them replacing the above parts does align with such theory.

I'm hoping it solves the problem. I will keep you all posted.

The shipper/receiver at front desk did mention that my panel stayed at their facility for an unusually long time. Normally it's 7-10 days, but my panel was there for almost 3 weeks. When he asked, he was told the technicians were still replacing parts and extensively testing the unit. I believe this most definitely had to do with me showing them video footage and screenshots of the flickering which they simply cannot discount that fact. I also told them to take their time with it and fix it rather than rushing it back to me.

If I hadn't the proof, they most likely would have just returned it to me in 4 days as others have noted in other forums.

So guys, if you're planning for RMA, have with you as much evidence as possible of the flickering. It'll help your case for sures.

I'm hoping my repaired unit isn't worse! I'll let you guys know...
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49034 posts
5692 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: I picked up my monitor mid morning today. I haven't tested it yet as I'm still at work.

I did speak with the technician that worked on my panel, and I'm happy to report that he did replace parts after consultation with their Acer engineer in the USA.

They replaced with an updated main board and power supply. The panel was left alone he says.

Now prior to my RMA, I did read that generally speaking, the panel itself is perfectly fine (unless you have a dead pixel), but rather it's the mediocre components that they used to DRIVE the panel that are questionable. So them replacing the above parts does align with such theory.

I'm hoping it solves the problem. I will keep you all posted.

The shipper/receiver at front desk did mention that my panel stayed at their facility for an unusually long time. Normally it's 7-10 days, but my panel was there for almost 3 weeks. When he asked, he was told the technicians were still replacing parts and extensively testing the unit. I believe this most definitely had to do with me showing them video footage and screenshots of the flickering which they simply cannot discount that fact. I also told them to take their time with it and fix it rather than rushing it back to me.

If I hadn't the proof, they most likely would have just returned it to me in 4 days as others have noted in other forums.

So guys, if you're planning for RMA, have with you as much evidence as possible of the flickering. It'll help your case for sures.

I'm hoping my repaired unit isn't worse! I'll let you guys know...
Can you post the video that you sent them? I have a couple already in the past couple of hours of me trying to get it on camera lol. I think mine should be sufficient..
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Can you post the video that you sent them? I have a couple already in the past couple of hours of me trying to get it on camera lol. I think mine should be sufficient..
Hey Jimbo,

Unfortunately my videos are in the gigabytes. I'd show you at a Timmy Hos if you're in my area.

What do your flickers look like? I have some screenshots on my hard drive. Let's compare. Upload some of yours.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Testing it now. The panel is definitely the same (unchanged) like they said. Panel uptime has been reset though. I'm only 4 minutes in