Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Acer VG271U Pbmiipx 27" WQHD Gaming Monitor, $229.999

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2019 9:48 pm
Sep 23, 2014
625 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Now that some of us have received their order (mine is still in Etobicoke :rolleyes:), i highly suggest rtings review about this model.

You can also grab rtings' calibrated color profile. Quote from their review:
"After calibration, the VG271U has outstanding accuracy. Colors and white balance are almost perfect, with no noticeable inaccuracies, and the color temperature is very close to our target of 6500K. Gamma follows the sRGB target curve almost perfectly."
Nov 7, 2017
297 posts
569 upvotes
LockAndKey wrote: Now that some of us have received their order (mine is still in Etobicoke :rolleyes:), i highly suggest rtings review about this model.

You can also grab rtings' calibrated color profile. Quote from their review:
"After calibration, the VG271U has outstanding accuracy. Colors and white balance are almost perfect, with no noticeable inaccuracies, and the color temperature is very close to our target of 6500K. Gamma follows the sRGB target curve almost perfectly."
What should our monitor settings be after the color profile installed?
Sep 23, 2014
625 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
0Sense wrote: What should our monitor settings be after the color profile installed?
We retested the pre-calibration of this monitor with the Color Space set to 'sRGB'.
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3275 posts
1353 upvotes
Vancouver
Long shot, but if anyone in GVR has a spare or would like to return I'd very much like to buy it off of you (I'd even take the risk with the RMA for the flickering issue of it hasn't been registered yet). Please PM me. Thanks!
Sep 23, 2014
625 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just got mine, manufacture date Dec. 2018.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49101 posts
5733 upvotes
Toronto
For those who have flickering, how often do you see it?

I've seen some people have mixed symptoms, vertical lines, horizontal lines, artifacts in the corner..

I'm on 144 hz right now but no gsync enabled atm, seems like mine is okay. Dec 2018 manufacture date also.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4349 posts
5831 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Jimboski wrote: For those who have flickering, how often do you see it?

I've seen some people have mixed symptoms, vertical lines, horizontal lines, artifacts in the corner..

I'm on 144 hz right now but no gsync enabled atm, seems like mine is okay. Dec 2018 manufacture date also.
Mine didn't flicker as much as blink once, so far. Hard to capture on video if it lasts only for a second or less and happens a few times a day.

Like it took maybe a second to power back on or something. Or lost the signal for a second. Not sure. Only once so far.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49101 posts
5733 upvotes
Toronto
Nikhilvoid wrote: Mine didn't flicker as much as blink once, so far. Hard to capture on video if it lasts only for a second or less and happens a few times a day.

Like it took maybe a second to power back on or something. Or lost the signal for a second. Not sure. Only once so far.
Apparently manufacture date of December 2018 and newer is safe according to someone's previous post.
Deal Addict
May 16, 2011
4349 posts
5831 upvotes
Burnaby, BC
Jimboski wrote: Apparently manufacture date of December 2018 and newer is safe according to someone's previous post.
Mine is Sept 29, 2018, so I guess I'll wait a few days to see what happens. Could be the new geforce drivers too.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Nikhilvoid wrote: Mine didn't flicker as much as blink once, so far. Hard to capture on video if it lasts only for a second or less and happens a few times a day.

I've seen this happen on my desktop as well, and like you said, it happens so quickly that I often wondered if the monitor flickered or if I simply blinked.

My manufacture date is November 2018.

We'll have to keep each other posted on the frequency of these flickers. If we have bad panels, I'd rather it flicker consistently so that we may capture video evidence for Acer.
Aug 20, 2019
114 posts
112 upvotes
Jimboski wrote: Apparently manufacture date of December 2018 and newer is safe according to someone's previous post.
December 2018 on your box OR in your panel service menu?

Could you please post a picture of your service menu stats for us to compare?
Sep 23, 2014
625 posts
904 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Hmm i heard the problem only get worse, some even reports multiple times/day after it occurs. Either way, just pay close attention to your monitor.
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
49101 posts
5733 upvotes
Toronto
frugalshopper604 wrote: December 2018 on your box OR in your panel service menu?

Could you please post a picture of your service menu stats for us to compare?
Model: VG271U
Chips: RTD2797UPM
Panel: INX M270KCJ K7B
Date: 20180929 Version 0.04

Seems like mine is Sept 2018 but box it came in says Dec 2018 lol..

Edit: I've got one green pixel on a black screen.

http://lcdtech.info/en/tests/dead.pixel.htm