Shopping Discussion

Walmart Ad Match ending October 15, 2020

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 27th, 2020 5:04 am
Deal Addict
Sep 24, 2007
1873 posts
386 upvotes
BernardRyder wrote: 1) If we're on Page 10, that's only because two of your posts account for about three of those pages.

B) Price matching ends in October, so it is not quite over yet

Subsection 102.05b) Even if Walmart's pricematching is over, your message (whatever it is) would be a lot more effective if you left out religion and minutiae that don't lend to the overall theme of the thread. i've already seen a few other posters insinuate such, but clearly you're not getting it.
Add him to your 'Ignore List' to get rid of the endless and irrelevant novels that he's posted and you'll be amazed at how much easier it is to read this thread. PLUS, you won't see his equally endless and irrelevant replies.
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4582 posts
6696 upvotes
Montreal
blakjak wrote: Add him to your 'Ignore List' to get rid of the endless and irrelevant novels that he's posted and you'll be amazed at how much easier it is to read this thread. PLUS, you won't see his equally endless and irrelevant replies.
His nick should be "TL;DR". Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3297 upvotes
I just listened to that track 3X and I will not be done like Eminem by Walmart managers.

You guys need to expand your vocabulary and I have merely provided the dictionary.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3660 posts
3248 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
I left this thread after I made my post and holy shit I should have never come back
Deal Addict
Sep 9, 2017
1456 posts
1205 upvotes
Winnipeg
chemicalxv wrote: I left this thread after I made my post and holy shit I should have never come back
Lol, yes things have gotten a little strange around here. Had to double check I hadn't wandered into Off Topic.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3297 upvotes
TL;DR is Walmart thinks people want to come to their stores and hang out, and they are driving their customers to relate to them through one channel, smartphones, Loblaws has totally and inescapably trumped them on price matching (so now they need an actual pricing strategy) and their IT is in a state of chaos.

Do not take any investment tips from this thread.
Feb 26, 2010
343 posts
116 upvotes
Montreal
PointsHubby wrote: Most people just don’t know how to store their fresh items to maximize freshness & longevity

People today waste far too much food ...
Due to lack of knowledge ... laziness & convenience

It’s truly shameful

* Personally ... I only buy fresh items every 2 or 3 weeks
And hearty winter fruits & veggies ... every 4 to 6 weeks
Proper prep & storage ... and that’s all I need
Example ... can even get tender lettuces to last that long c/o the use of paper towel
What are your tricks for prep and storage to maximize freshness and longevity?
Deal Addict
Nov 11, 2016
1249 posts
987 upvotes
Halifax
Jonric wrote: Is there any credible info available on the percentage that PMed items represent out of WM Canada's total dollar sales?
I have looked everywhere for this. No go.
I don't know whether is it 0.5 %, 1 % or 10 %.

And what percent is Walmart loosing on their margins ? 1 % 3 % 12 % due to Price Matching.

Is it more popular now than previously because of the Flipp app ?

I get it though - I don't want to be in a store ( any store ) for a minute more than I have to be.

IF I have to go into a store - I want to go and leave. NO waiting. ZERO extra time than necessary.

I would be pulling out my hair if someone were rolling thru screens on their phone or having to call the manager for assistance.
I could have handled some waiting prior this - but not now. No thanks.

IMHO - the risk will be worse in the winter. Stores will be heating and running on HVAC and possibly not doing enough air turns in a day.
It happens, it is cheaper. Much cheaper. And the air will get worse. Our Walmart does have good high ceilings but still I do not have warm, fuzzies on it.

The timing is good on this decision for that reason. Excellent really.

Time inside with many faces should be minimized. I know everyone is wearing masks and staying away from each other and store numbers must be maintained , and splashing hand sanitizer on before and after but... there
are still so many questions. And Winter has the potential to be a whole different ball game.

I have never price matched nor seen anyone price match so I believe it may be geographical- although it is has been hinted here that it is age dependant.

Even though I have a Walmart fairly close, I probably shopped there 3 times a year - and definitely have not been in one since the pandemic.
Have no plans to go anytime soon. Too many cars there.
A fan of RFD
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
17995 posts
5980 upvotes
Toronto
Walmart is not losing money price matching in most cases, considering the other things people are buying they are making up for it. It's not like most people price match every single item. Also keep in mind the manufacturers probably end up paying for some of the price matches that happen as well. Walmart is just saying F U Canadians during COVID, we are going to screw you guys over and line our pockets. Terrible timing. They should have waited till next year.
Apr 25, 2012
984 posts
341 upvotes
I was just beginning to like price matching at Walmart :(

Btw, I've been price matching since July. I do grocery pickups at the store and then price match them online once I receive them. Saved anywhere between 10-20% on grocery orders.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
2408 posts
8112 upvotes
demzie wrote: I was just beginning to like price matching at Walmart :(

Btw, I've been price matching since July. I do grocery pickups at the store and then price match them online once I receive them. Saved anywhere between 10-20% on grocery orders.
Wondering myself why price matching online needs to stop. It's not slowing down the checkout process.
Deal Addict
Sep 29, 2003
4755 posts
366 upvotes
GTA
Walmart is losing money.. when they need to outsource their grocery dept to outsiders in certain markets they are throwing in the towel
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2008
8949 posts
3297 upvotes
ferkel wrote: Walmart is losing money.. when they need to outsource their grocery dept to outsiders in certain markets they are throwing in the towel
Are they doing this?
Apr 25, 2012
984 posts
341 upvotes
hill15 wrote: Wondering myself why price matching online needs to stop. It's not slowing down the checkout process.
Exactly. Their reasoning is bs. It's to save money. I'm sure many other customers started price matching online. I for one - cannot bring myself to price match in store - never have/never will. However, online price matching grocery pickups almost became a hobby - lol I know - SAD! I once saved $30 on a $100 grocery order! :) I have 4 grocery pickups a month averaging $100 each and I kid you not - I save between 10-25$ on each order.
Koodo $40/8Gb | PublicMobile $34/4Gb LTE
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
4582 posts
6696 upvotes
Montreal
demzie wrote: Exactly. Their reasoning is bs. It's to save money. I'm sure many other customers started price matching online. I for one - cannot bring myself to price match in store - never have/never will. However, online price matching grocery pickups almost became a hobby - lol I know - SAD! I once saved $30 on a $100 grocery order! :) I have 4 grocery pickups a month averaging $100 each and I kid you not - I save between 10-25$ on each order.
Where do you grocery pickup?
Are there missing/damaged/stale items sometimes?
How's the CS if/when that happens?
I never picked-up; I want to be in control...

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)