Air Purification Clearance at walmart.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 8:37 am
23 replies
Nov 22, 2015
738 posts
924 upvotes
Toronto
The ozone generator seems like an amazing item to purchase.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 19, 2005
7685 posts
972 upvotes
Waterloo
Thanks op

Got a few questions how good are these and do u need to buy filters ect?

Need to get rid of smells and smoke etc
Last edited by sassysue on Nov 6th, 2018 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
16371 posts
4248 upvotes
Sold and shipped by Zest Mall Inc
i would not TOUCH on third party seller
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Deal Addict
Dec 5, 2005
1578 posts
407 upvotes
GTA
Cheap looking.
----------------------------------------------------
Koodo $50/15GB plan + $0/4gb add on - Medium Tab / Tab Plus
Freedom Mobile $19/1.5GB plan
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2901 posts
1557 upvotes
B.C.
For anyone who wants an air purifier...

Disregard the price since it's American... More like $50 CAD.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19864 posts
8179 upvotes
Toronto
I wouldn't bother with 3rd party sellers. Over-inflated prices and then they show a discount.
Penalty Box
Dec 12, 2014
398 posts
318 upvotes
vancouver, bc
lennyandcarl wrote: For anyone who wants an air purifier...

LoL that's a very powerful one. Would probably cost 500$ for the equivalent in-store.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 21, 2010
6482 posts
3493 upvotes
Toronto
carmaster wrote: I wouldn't bother with 3rd party sellers. Over-inflated prices and then they show a discount.
I don't like how Walmart makes it difficult to identify that it's not Walmart selling it. At least Amazon shows "sold by" etc. on the search page without needing to click through to each individual product.
Deal Expert
Jun 30, 2006
19864 posts
8179 upvotes
Toronto
Manatus wrote: I don't like how Walmart makes it difficult to identify that it's not Walmart selling it. At least Amazon shows "sold by" etc. on the search page without needing to click through to each individual product.
You can always filter by seller on the left side.
Aug 22, 2011
809 posts
567 upvotes
Montreal
I did try this DIY and it was definitely not a success story ! I bought a square fan and a filter and followed instructions as per video. The fan's motor just died within 2 days.
From my own experience, you need a fairly good quality fan or it won't be able to sustain the extra stress caused by the filter.
Since I've purchased real HEPA air purifiers and the performance is steady, reliable and honestly it looks much better.
Just for reference, this is the fan I used for this DIY: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HQ9 ... UTF8&psc=1
Not recommended if you want to try the DIY :-(
lennyandcarl wrote: For anyone who wants an air purifier...

Montréal, Québec
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2666 posts
3513 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
yeah, gonna have to down-vote, not sold or fulfilled by Walmart, returns will probably be a b!tch if anything, and the first purifier is made by that great American brand "Generic" Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes , the same "manufacturer" of the USB key that was floating around here on RFD a few weeks back with "Virtual" storage, which got down-voted into OBLIVION!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2901 posts
1557 upvotes
B.C.
MiniTatou wrote: I did try this DIY and it was definitely not a success story ! I bought a square fan and a filter and followed instructions as per video. The fan's motor just died within 2 days.
From my own experience, you need a fairly good quality fan or it won't be able to sustain the extra stress caused by the filter.
Since I've purchased real HEPA air purifiers and the performance is steady, reliable and honestly it looks much better.
Just for reference, this is the fan I used for this DIY: https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00HQ9 ... UTF8&psc=1
Not recommended if you want to try the DIY :-(
I've had two going in my house since Mid August without any issues. I used the Home Hardware brand Classic box fan .

I also have a Walmart brand one that is probably identical to that Sunbeam one that you have posted that spent all spring and summer in our bedroom window getting the occasional rain shower and also falls out of the window every week or two and is still going.

I think you just got a dud of a fan!

Real ones are so much better looking though! But damn those filters are expensive!
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1549 posts
1160 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just noticed Walmart now has 3rd party sellers on board, would avoid for now
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2010
2175 posts
1276 upvotes
Kamloops, BC
Well I bought one. I dont feel like ever paying for the $50 replacement filters for the germ guardian I have(and I read they purposely made it so it doesnt work with third party filters)
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2012
1147 posts
441 upvotes
Meeseeks wrote: You want some pure air? open a window.
I always do. But I also don't like the dust that comes with it.
Koodo $40/8GB+5GB addon
Aug 22, 2011
809 posts
567 upvotes
Montreal
Yes, probably ! Could also be the filtre. Can't remember the filter brand but could be a Garrison from Canadian Tire.
Still, I'm pretty impress that yours are going strong and steady !

Forgot to mention another DIY Air Purifier I'm using 24/7 since 2-3 years. I'm using an old Bionaire BAP 540 (http://www.allergytech.com/bionaire_bap540.htm) found in the garbage. It works with a small turbine instead of a fan. Filters for this AP were selling at the time for ± $100, which were much too expensive in my opinion. This is a weird filtre (https://www.amazon.ca/BAP540-Bionaire-C ... B0009GZJO2) but I kept the frame, removed the HEPA filter which was glued into place and every 3-4 month, using either a Garrison or 3M filtre that I cut in half, I tape (using duck tape) the new filtre to the frame. If needed, there's enough room to add a charcoal filtre (didn't use these one but just to show as an exemple: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/bionaire-o ... 0196977429).
It's not perfectly sealed as the OEM because of the pleated filter but it does catch a lot of dust and dog hair and the motor is not heating. The look is not that bad since the DIY is hidden inside the AP. It's quite effective in the dogs' room.

lennyandcarl wrote: I've had two going in my house since Mid August without any issues. I used the Home Hardware brand Classic box fan .

I also have a Walmart brand one that is probably identical to that Sunbeam one that you have posted that spent all spring and summer in our bedroom window getting the occasional rain shower and also falls out of the window every week or two and is still going.

I think you just got a dud of a fan!

Real ones are so much better looking though! But damn those filters are expensive!
Montréal, Québec