• Last Updated:
  • Dec 26th, 2019 1:01 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2175 posts
4410 upvotes

[Walmart] Airpods Pro $289 in store only YMMV, basically no stock anywhere

Was checking Stock track this morning and saw that the Airpods Pro are $289 at a few Wal-Marts, might help some people out.

Stock Track link https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=19019924685

Last edited by kimwoobingsu on Dec 26th, 2019 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
9 replies
Aug 20, 2019
286 posts
150 upvotes
Edmonton
Is there a stock check for the one fort McMurray location?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2017
2175 posts
4410 upvotes
kapid11 wrote: Is there a stock check for the one fort McMurray location?
Edited the OP with the Stock Track link
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12142 posts
3278 upvotes
Scarberia
whats so special bout this lol...its almost worth more then most phones! i got 20$ knock offs off ali for the poser look :D
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Sep 8, 2019
133 posts
223 upvotes
Calgary
mikka2017 wrote: whats so special bout this lol...its almost worth more then most phones! i got 20$ knock offs off ali for the poser look :D
I am not sure you actually want to know, but:
  • decent sound quality for daily driving
  • very good noise reduction with nice features (like ambient noises and voice pass through while the ANR is active)
  • smaller than average form factor given the battery life and features
  • extremely good connection with devices with W1 chip (ie. better range and more stable connection than standalone Bluetooth)
  • easy and trouble-free switching between multiple devices (iPhone/Mac/iPad/TV) on the fly
  • good resale value should you decide it's not for you (better similarly priced branded products)
Last edited by jerrypaulick on Dec 26th, 2019 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 12, 2017
256 posts
561 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
mikka2017 wrote: whats so special bout this lol...its almost worth more then most phones! i got 20$ knock offs off ali for the poser look :D
If you have an Apple store nearby, go buy it, try it and return it. It's really hard to take anyone elses word for it. They're literally the last pair of in-ear headphones I'll ever buy (until updated version with battery improvements come out). Sound quality is amazing unless comparing with Sony's new in-ear.
Dec 19, 2006
621 posts
591 upvotes
Vancouver
Everyone's ears are different - to me these airpods sound average at best. The ANC really only works well with consistent background noise - otherwise they work about as well as passive noise cancelling with memory foam tips.

Their advantage is the BT connectivity (pretty amazing range), ease of pairing with Apple devices, small form factor for the case, battery life, and the big one being a microphone that's far above and beyond all the other TWS headphones. If you care about sound quality far above everything else, I would find something else. If the whole convenience thing is a big factor, these are hard to beat.
Apr 20, 2012
218 posts
153 upvotes
Edmonton
The only other truly wireless earbud available with ANC is the Sony WF-1000XM3 which is just as pricey as the airpod pros but according to reviews, the ANC is better as well as the sound quality. While watching some reviews, I stumbled across the Edifier TWS NB, which also has ANC and a transparency mode but comes in at $119 (guessing USD). They are supposed to launch in December but it doesn't look like that has happened so far.

Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2007
2180 posts
466 upvotes
Red Deer
I've had my Aipods Pro since mid November, and just sent them back to Apple (thanks to the extended holiday return window). Here's a mini review if anyone's interested.

PRO
- They sound good, much better than my gen1 AirPods
- The ANC is very good
- Transparency mode works very well
- They look much better than original airpods in your ears

CON
- Silicon tips are not anti-slip. During workouts when sweating they slowly work themselves out of your ears - killing both ANC and sound quality. Had to keep pushing them in during workouts which is a PITA
- Battery life is just OK
- No volume controls, you have to use Siri or your phone/AW
- The squeeze control is finicky during active workouts (e.g. running) - the old tap on original AirPods was easier

The first CON was the reason for returning mine. I got the PowerBeats Pro a few weeks ago to compare both side by side. The PBPs never move during workouts and they sound better than the APPs. I ended up keeping those.