Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

All xmas stuffs on 75% off sale (e.g. $15 changing light xmas tree 6.5')

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 17th, 2020 4:59 pm
[OP]
Aug 18, 2019
355 posts
291 upvotes

[Walmart] All xmas stuffs on 75% off sale (e.g. $15 changing light xmas tree 6.5')

All xmas related decor, wrapping, tree, lights, ornaments are on 75% off sale. Picked up 6.5' light changing xmas tree for $15
Images
  • IMG-20200113-WA0000.jpeg
  • IMG_20200113_222307.jpg
  • IMG_20200113_222313.jpg
  • IMG_20200113_222320.jpg
  • IMG_20200113_222515.jpg
~ 👍[email protected]✌️~
35 replies
Jul 23, 2011
717 posts
1943 upvotes
Ottawa
This is why I celebrate Christmas in February.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2012
1892 posts
787 upvotes
Calgary
Finally....guess I’m going to Walmart tonight!
Jan 22, 2017
498 posts
1505 upvotes
FWIW the Christmas candies are also on clearance

Marshmallow Snowmen $0.30
Peanut MM's $0.50
Reese Peanut Butter Trees $0.40
Hersey Candycane Chocolate Bars $0.44
Candy Canes, christmas cookies etc.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1596 posts
1370 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
Thanks for the update OP and while I still gave you a thumbs up, what on earth took Walmart so long getting to the Christmas clearance party! :rolleyes:

While most other retailers in Canada cleared out Christmas 2019 stuff a few weeks back at the 75% discount and higher, is Walmart really progressive here? More and more, I am finding our local WM over the past few years to be a backward and un-attentive retailer who think they have the market cornered in our area ....which, in some sense, they do. My local WM at one time had 7 working scanners located strategically throughout the store so the customer could check a price of an item if unsure. Now, they are down to only 3 working scanners throughout the store....after several complaints over the past few years locally and to head office, it's still the same, WM could give a crap when it comes to customer service in our area at least.

Desperate for more choice and better service, I would love to see having Kmart, Sears, Target or even Zellers back for some good old competition against Walmart. In our area, there is not much other choice for department stores left in a municipality of 102,000 other than Giant Tiger and a few other smaller venues like the Bargain Shop left, all around it's sad.....really sad. Disappointed Face
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
Jeez? Our store has no indication of Christmas stuff left at all. All gone or put away, now it's all storage and exercise equipment.
The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD.

The second rule of RFD is, you DO NOT talk about RFD.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1596 posts
1370 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
jackass_ca wrote: Jeez? Our store has no indication of Christmas stuff left at all. All gone or put away, now it's all storage and exercise equipment.
Unbelievable as I think you and I are referring to the same WM store in Chatham and they didn't start their 75% off clearance until Monday of this week and had plenty of stuff left at that time. Other years, they always reduced to 75% a week after Christmas and remaining stock into the new year was reduced further...usually by 90% and there was usually always stock remaining into the 90% off discount. The only progressive retailers remaining in our area for post-Christmas clearances is Superstore, Shoppers Drug Mart and Giant Tiger.

As our local Home Depot appears to do now, it appears that WM probably also packed it up to save for next year too! $Billions in profit just aren't enough for WM you knowConfused Face
Last edited by montward on Jan 15th, 2020 10:10 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
montward wrote: Unbelievable as I think you and I are referring to the same WM store in Chatham and they didn't start their 75% off clearance until Monday this of week and had plenty of stuff left at that time. Other years, they always reduced to 75% a week after Christmas and remaining stock into the new year was reduced further...usually by 90% and there was usually always stock remaining into the 90% off discount. The progressive retailers remaining in our area for post-Christmas clearances is Superstore and Giant Tiger and Shoppers Drug Mart.

As our local Home Depot appears to do now, WM probably also packed it up to save for next year too! $Billions in profit just aren't enough for WM you knowConfused Face
Yes, after I posted that though, I do think they had one aisle at the back still but hardly anything, My brother went out Boxing day and by the afternoon said a lot of the good stuff was gone. I may be speaking out of my ass, but I honestly didn't think I saw much, maybe a couple of trees in the back corner, and the odd decoration, but I didn't see that much, makes me think I might have missed it, and I have some serious FOMO at some times.
And yes, HD this year had the normal good deals, missed them too, but suddenly the items they did have left were gone.

Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1596 posts
1370 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
jackass_ca wrote: Yes, after I posted that though, I do think they had one aisle at the back still but hardly anything, My brother went out Boxing day and by the afternoon said a lot of the good stuff was gone.
And yes, HD this year had the normal good deals, missed them too, but suddenly the items they did have left were gone.
I visited our local WM on Sunday (Jan 12th) thinking after 19 days past christmas, maybe Christmas stuff was further reduced and laughed to myself when it was still sitting at 50% off only. At that time, they still had lots of stuff left. Lots of trees, lights, decorations etc...… I left the store shaking my head wondering what on earth is WM is thinking. It was the next day I saw a post on RFD from another thread that WM was now 75% off at the poster's location. Out of curiosity, I went our local WM Monday and lots left so I figured I would hold out for the 90% off clearance ….. according to your post, it's all packed up now it seems after only 2 days at 75% off. :rolleyes:
Jul 11, 2007
520 posts
134 upvotes
GTA
we have to drive there, risk of accident, paying gas and insurance, park the car, walk in freezing cold, and get into store and line up to pay for item, drive home... more and more consumer choose to shop online. but then I also do not recall seeing Amazon have deep discount on christmas item on New Year day? to me; seeing christmas stuff on store shelves in person is way way more exciting then see them on screen... but will walmart survivle if it can only sell most of its inventory during 75% or 90% off? because I am worry we won't have a retail store that office any % off... like Sears, Zellers, etc.... but I am happy with 75% off !
Apr 2, 2008
685 posts
354 upvotes
liemhoho wrote: All xmas related decor, wrapping, tree, lights, ornaments are on 75% off sale. Picked up 6.5' light changing xmas tree for $15
Which location did u take the pics? I want some lighting but it's hard to find stock.
Save a lot but end up spending more :confused:
May 17, 2018
18 posts
6 upvotes
bluewish wrote:
Which location did u take the pics? I want some lighting but it's hard to find stock.
I saw a lot of the regular string lights at Keele and Lawrence the other day.
Deal Guru
Jan 6, 2005
12100 posts
3423 upvotes
montward wrote: I visited our local WM on Sunday (Jan 12th) thinking after 19 days past christmas, maybe Christmas stuff was further reduced and laughed to myself when it was still sitting at 50% off only. At that time, they still had lots of stuff left. Lots of trees, lights, decorations etc...… I left the store shaking my head wondering what on earth is WM is thinking. It was the next day I saw a post on RFD from another thread that WM was now 75% off at the poster's location. Out of curiosity, I went our local WM Monday and lots left so I figured I would hold out for the 90% off clearance ….. according to your post, it's all packed up now it seems after only 2 days at 75% off. :rolleyes:
Don't take that as bond though. It could be there, i didn't pay close attention as I usually do, trying to not get caught up in the buying stuff I don't need again. It could be there, but the front aisles were all storage, the center aisles all storage as well.
Now I am thinking I should go check again... I was out that way today but never popped in. Popped into HD and they had some household cleaning items on sale cheap,
This dry mop was $4.25
https://www.homedepot.ca/product/libman ... 1000694553

Lots of sponges etc for $1 or $2 a pack, etc.

Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2008
5315 posts
11060 upvotes
Ottawa
montward wrote: I visited our local WM on Sunday (Jan 12th) thinking after 19 days past christmas, maybe Christmas stuff was further reduced and laughed to myself when it was still sitting at 50% off only. At that time, they still had lots of stuff left. Lots of trees, lights, decorations etc...… I left the store shaking my head wondering what on earth is WM is thinking. It was the next day I saw a post on RFD from another thread that WM was now 75% off at the poster's location. Out of curiosity, I went our local WM Monday and lots left so I figured I would hold out for the 90% off clearance ….. according to your post, it's all packed up now it seems after only 2 days at 75% off. :rolleyes:
Christmas-related clearance happens at all walmarts at the same time. Everything was already 75% off on Sunday, they just didn't change tags.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1596 posts
1370 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
jackass_ca wrote: Don't take that as bond though. It could be there, i didn't pay close attention as I usually do, trying to not get caught up in the buying stuff I don't need again. It could be there, but the front aisles were all storage, the center aisles all storage as well.
Now I am thinking I should go check again...
The Christmas items are located at the back corner of the store where the seasonal stuff is always located (just to the left of the double-door entrance going into the garden centre area). Still lots there as of a few days ago. While it wasn't a gigantic selection, I did see several Christmas trees, some lighting, lots of decorations and ornaments and other Christmas stuff. It was a whole row on both sides filled along with outer wall-shelving with Christmas trees in those shelves. On Sunday, when I was there, even though the store signage showed only 50% off, I scanned one item and it was still coming up at only 50% off. Of course, as we know, WM has now discounted to 75% off.

I found receipts (I try to keep all my receipts for a few years) dated January 2, 2018 from this WM and I purchased several Christmas items at 75% off. I also remember that same year and not much later (can't find the receipt for it) buying pre-lit 6.5' christmas tree at this same WM location for $5.99 after 90% off! (same one showing in OP's pic) When the discount went to 90%, I drove to another WM about 15 miles away thinking I could find some other bargains only to find that WM was still clearing Christmas stock at 75% off (I scanned to verify) where the WM in my area was at 90%. Ironically the other WM had lots more stock to get rid of yet, was still only 75% off. So the discounts and timing of them for even Christmas items does in-fact vary store to store, at least for my area stores.

So WM store discount timeframes have definitely changed over previous years and the discounts DO vary between WM stores.Confused Face

PS thanks for the tip on the mop deal at HD
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2002
3888 posts
2761 upvotes
Toronto
Thought I was done with post-Christmas candy but grabbed a couple of Life Savers and Skittles gift boxes for $0.75 each, and Hallmark/Marvel/Star Wars ornaments for $1.75 each.
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2005
1596 posts
1370 upvotes
Canada's South Coast
I had to go to the Superstore today for a few things and WM in Chatham ON is just down from it, I got thinking about the Christmas clearance there. After leaving the Superstore, curiosity got the better of me so I couldn't resist running in to WM just to check out what's left of Christmas stuff.

Ironically while I was at the Superstore, what holiday candy they had left, they were integrating in with Valentine candy. I asked they guy who was moving stuff around if it was being reduced further and he said no, they were hoping to sell it with Valentine candy.

I went in at the North Entrance at WM and right as you come in, they had two blue multi-shelf metal carts full of Christmas lights, garland, tree toppers and other small decorations. The lights were mostly 50/100 LED light sets with some battery operated ones....all 75% off.

I went back to the seasonal area and found they still have one side of an entire aisle left of Christmas stuff along with an end-cap full of 50/70/100 LED light sets. They also had about 10 different Christmas trees left still in box out on the floor amongst some of the recently put out patio furniture. All this was 75% off.

They also had Christmas sets of fragrances and other holiday gift things, cookie making kits, stockings, pet Christmas toys and treats and it was still only 50% off and signed accordingly. I scanned a couple of things just to be sure and they were indeed still just 50% off.

No other retailer that I know of has any Christmas stuff left and haven't for a few weeks.......stingy WM may get rid of this stuff just in time for Valentine's Day :rolleyes:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)