Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Silver Aluminium Case with Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band $399

May 7, 2019
54 posts
56 upvotes
Kdawg89 wrote: Go with the 4 cellular over the SE. I personally have the Series 5. The always on display is amazing.. makes it feel like an actual watch. I would hate to have to raise my arm. Losing ECG? unless your a senior or morbidly obese and unhealthly.. there is literally 0 reason for it. People are eating this shit up that Apple is selling them. Blood Oxygen in the series 6? lmao.. you will know if your actual blood oxygen gets low. biggest scam in tech. No real doctor takes the apple watchs ECG serious. This is coming from somebody who works in a hospital.

Get the awesome cellular features over some crap health features that don't even work properly on the SE!
The always on display would be the main reason I'd go with a 6 over a 4/se. Preferably, a Series 5 heavily discounted would be the true value sweet spot....kinda annoyed they didn't include always on display on the SE....
Deal Addict
Jan 1, 2013
1767 posts
952 upvotes
Durham
Got a cancellation on the 40 with LTE. Looks like its sold out
Dec 15, 2019
367 posts
1068 upvotes
Markham
Sepharite wrote: This or SE? I don't intend on using Cellular for any reason.
SE no ECG, both no blood exygen
same screen, same size, both without always ON
SE has S5 chip, from watch series 5.
series 4 slower.
therefore, SE
Last edited by Minimo07 on Oct 6th, 2020 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12504 posts
20843 upvotes
Minimo07 wrote: both no ECG, both no blood exygen
series 4 slower.
therefore, SE
4 has ECG ,
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3047 posts
1653 upvotes
Toronto
Minimo07 wrote: SE no ECG, both no blood exygen
series 4 slower.
therefore, SE
Apple Watch Series 5 uses the same processor as the Series 4. Only difference is display controller for always on which neither SE or 4 have anyways. + ECG as someone else mentioned on the 4

https://9to5mac.com/2019/09/18/apple-wa ... processor/

SE is worse deal than this
Nov 30, 2019
256 posts
270 upvotes
Minimo07 wrote: SE no ECG, both no blood exygen
series 4 slower.
therefore, SE
This is factually incorrect

S5 and S4 chips are identical save for the display driver which only has benefit for always on display.

They are absolutely identical in performance. SE and Series 4 are the same functionally and practically speaking, ecg aside, which is only in series 4 and not SE
May 31, 2005
671 posts
194 upvotes
I’ve had the s6 for a few days now. The AOD
is not worth the battery drain. I wouldn’t
factor it into the purchase at all.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
6434 posts
5852 upvotes
Calgary
setTopbox wrote: I’ve had the s6 for a few days now. The AOD
is not worth the battery drain. I wouldn’t
factor it into the purchase at all.
Most people would disagree
Nov 27, 2004
127 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
There is one other difference that SE has over the 4 and that’s the 32GB memory capacity over the 4’s 16gb. But I don’t know if anyone will really notice.

I use my watch loaded with podcasts and mp3s from my music app. The best part for me is using the watch at the gym with no phone near by. Just the watch and my Bluetooth headphones. This is something you can do since the early model of this watch.

I agree that the health features don’t provide much value. Other than the heart rate sensor so I can see how much effort went into my Strava ride.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6303 posts
4502 upvotes
Ottawa
Is there a reason Apple stopped selling the 4 but continue to sell the 3? Did they just not want the 4 competing with the new model and the 3 is for budget-conscious people?
With Zoomer Wireless !
Deal Fanatic
Mar 19, 2010
6303 posts
4502 upvotes
Ottawa
wassam wrote: There is one other difference that SE has over the 4 and that’s the 32GB memory capacity over the 4’s 16gb. But I don’t know if anyone will really notice.

I use my watch loaded with podcasts and mp3s from my music app. The best part for me is using the watch at the gym with no phone near by. Just the watch and my Bluetooth headphones. This is something you can do since the early model of this watch.

I agree that the health features don’t provide much value. Other than the heart rate sensor so I can see how much effort went into my Strava ride.
Just so I am clear, you pair music saved on the Apple watch with your Bluetooth headphone (not necessarily Airpods) and you're good to go?
With Zoomer Wireless !
Nov 1, 2016
92 posts
103 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote: Most people would disagree
I guess is a personal thing? I remeber years ago my orginal Apple Watch is already pretty responsive when raise the wrist.
Didn't notice the need for a always on display.
Deal Addict
Oct 16, 2005
1145 posts
601 upvotes
Said212 wrote: Is there a reason Apple stopped selling the 4 but continue to sell the 3? Did they just not want the 4 competing with the new model and the 3 is for budget-conscious people?
I think someone mentioned that the 5 was very very similar to the 4, so why keep 2 very similar watches. They kept the low budget 3, the new mid budget 5, and the new 6/SE.
Nov 27, 2004
127 posts
88 upvotes
Toronto
Said212 wrote: Just so I am clear, you pair music saved on the Apple watch with your Bluetooth headphone (not necessarily Airpods) and you're good to go?

Yes you can pair with any Bluetooth headphones. I’ve used all kinds with it.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5449 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
SammyDavis wrote: Most people would disagree
Yes, and reviewers. The battery lasts significantly longer than the 4. My experience with the 6 is that the Blood Oxygen sensor is as useful as the EKG, meaning not very useful but the one time it saves somebody might be worth it. But it is so much more responsive than the 4 I had before: like night and day. Well worth upgrade.

But for those not worried about top of the line performance the 4 is a fabulous watch.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35073 posts
21039 upvotes
Center of Universe
egdeen wrote: I guess is a personal thing? I remeber years ago my orginal Apple Watch is already pretty responsive when raise the wrist.
Didn't notice the need for a always on display.
+1
I rather have an extra few days of battery life than AOD.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2017
1304 posts
361 upvotes
Toronto
Does this have ECG/blood oxygen level? One without LTE?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2006
1051 posts
1241 upvotes
ysl5710 wrote: Does this have ECG/blood oxygen level? One without LTE?
Series 4+ have ECG. Blood oxygen level is only on the Series 6.