Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Apple Watch Nike+ Series 4 GPS + Cellular, 44mm Silver Aluminium Case with Pure Platinum/Black Nike Sport Band $399

Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2003
5449 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: +1
I rather have an extra few days of battery life than AOD.
Lol, you're not getting an extra day of battery life.
Nov 4, 2017
94 posts
61 upvotes
I got the series 5 and turned off the AOD few days after i got.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 2, 2006
6265 posts
1147 upvotes
Mississauga
Is it a better idea to wait for Black Friday and see if retailers clear out their series 5?
Nov 12, 2005
357 posts
50 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: Looking to get one for the mrs but I don't know much about apple watches.

Is this is a good enough deal to jump on or should I be looking at the 5/6? Or hold until black Friday?

How do you guys feel about this "10/10 open box" series 5 for $439?

https://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product/ap ... n/14346305
It's not sold by bestbuy, it's a third party. buy at your own risk
Deal Addict
Jun 23, 2003
1382 posts
128 upvotes
Longobongo wrote: Is it a better idea to wait for Black Friday and see if retailers clear out their series 5?
Apple won’t allow for mass price drop. You may see it around 450-475 right in between SE/4 and 6
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18034 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto
Longobongo wrote: Is it a better idea to wait for Black Friday and see if retailers clear out their series 5?
Wont clear out since Apple still sells it.

Edit: Ignore my comment - its off the site now.
Last edited by deal_with_singh on Oct 7th, 2020 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Real Estate Agent, MAcc, CPA, CA
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1039 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
Said212 wrote: Just so I am clear, you pair music saved on the Apple watch with your Bluetooth headphone (not necessarily Airpods) and you're good to go?
wassam wrote:
I use my watch loaded with podcasts and mp3s from my music app. The best part for me is using the watch at the gym with no phone near by. Just the watch and my Bluetooth headphones. This is something you can do since the early model of this watch.

How do you do this?

The only way I found is to subscribe to Apple Music which lets me download music to my Apple Watch S5. I can't download music from my iTunes collection without Apple Music or Spotify which is what I would prefer.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1039 posts
495 upvotes
GTA
JerkSauce wrote: I have yet to pull the trigger on one of those Series 5 on the site. What’s the better option? Refurbished, Certified Refurbished, or Open Box?
Good questions.

I think it really depends on how much you want to spend on something that will be rendered less functional (like a mobile phone) in 2 or 3 years. I bought a stainless steel series 0 for $1000, and 4 years later, I kick myself and wonder why I spent that money as opposed to getting the aluminum version. I keep wanting to find a reason to wear it bc it is stainless steel, but it is slow as heck. I thought of trading it in when I bought my series 5, and it wasn't even listed as an option to do so. LOL

I went in buying the Series 5 last year knowing it will be reduced to zero value in a couple of years, just like an old cell phone, as the Series 7 or 8 will be out by then.

If you are like me (ie cheap and don't necessarily need the latest and greatest, not an early adopter of technology) then maybe a Series 4 would serve you better.

JMHO.
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18034 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto
blindemboss wrote: Where? It’s not on their site.
My mistake. I thought I saw it in stores still, maybe just an unchanged display. I do see its no longer on the site so it may go on clearance.
Oct 4, 2019
129 posts
199 upvotes
Has anyone tried price match with staples? I have a staples voucher I could use.
Jun 8, 2018
74 posts
41 upvotes
Abhish3k wrote: Has anyone tried price match with staples? I have a staples voucher I could use.
Posted on a Costco thread about this, I was indeed able to price match and even received it 1 day after order

Note it looks like it’s not in stock at Walmart anymore (44mm sport nike cellular) but I got $10 off using the coupon and 1% rakuten making it roughly $385
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
1024 posts
147 upvotes
With anyone familiar with these apple watches, could they be used as a medical alert band? Looking for these as an alternative for my parents versus the subscription medical bands. Thanks for any insight!
Deal Guru
Jun 15, 2012
13627 posts
7339 upvotes
Southern Ontario
fyi, just installed Clockology on my Series 4, no dent in battery life, so many custom faces out there. Does not work for always on Series 5 and 6, blurs.

Join Clockology Fans on facebook where links are provided by creators, copy/open link in Safari and install to Clockology app right on the phone sync'd over to your watch.

Some face candy here

How to:
Deal Expert
Feb 11, 2009
18034 posts
5376 upvotes
Toronto
Ended up FOMO Buying...and got 1 of each...only going to keep the 40MM Nike one, if any one wants either of the 40MM Seashell, 44MM Nike or 44MM Seashell its yours for cost.
Nov 25, 2008
25 posts
6 upvotes
deal_with_singh wrote: Ended up FOMO Buying...and got 1 of each...only going to keep the 40MM Nike one, if any one wants either of the 40MM Seashell, 44MM Nike or 44MM Seashell its yours for cost.
Sent you a PM. Thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 4, 2006
3047 posts
1653 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks again OP, got both of mine today and setup, this is a massive jump from a series 1