PC & Video Games

Arcade 1Up - Replica Arcade Machines (Preorder - $399)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 6th, 2024 10:48 am
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
Still no news on whether these are hackable?
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
BranCracker wrote: Still no news on whether these are hackable?
I found some pics of the motherboard on reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comm ... therboard/
Video of the hardware
t's probably easier to replace the motherboard with a Pandoras box or raspberry pi. There is hdmi/vga driver board available for the monitor, a raspberry pi would also require USB encoders for the buttons and joystick.
Last edited by zoso454 on Sep 27th, 2018 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 12, 2006
6908 posts
3333 upvotes
Canada
BernardRyder wrote: So don't be surprised if your preorder doesn't get fulfilled by October. Wal-Mart US really seems to have dropped the ball, almost like they're purposefully creating a shortage for Christmas.
I don't see the correlation of putting large items taking up valuable space in storage out on the floor for sale as creating a shortage .. I see it as workers, not knowing, caring, or managers not having space to stockpile large items endlessly. Likely they were just clueless.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 16, 2009
7363 posts
8665 upvotes
GTA
raspeed wrote: I don't see the correlation of putting large items taking up valuable space in storage out on the floor for sale as creating a shortage .. I see it as workers, not knowing, caring, or managers not having space to stockpile large items endlessly. Likely they were just clueless.
Dunno, maybe the fact that 1Up describe themselves as a "small company" in their own tweets? I wouldn't expect them to be able to crank out a bunch more in time to fulfill orders for items Wal-Mart has already been selling to the public before they send out those said preorders. I'll admit pure speculation on my part, just seeing the evidence and creating the hypothesis that some people will be disappointed if they want one for Christmas.
c'mon get happy!
Aug 28, 2018
3 posts
11 upvotes
$1300 is a lot of coin for something that can only be used for fighting and arcade style games. The novelty and nostalgia of playing said games on a arcade cab will wear out quickly (I rarely turn on my vewlix clone, it just collects dust lol). Unless you are looking to buy it for your man cave, save your $$ and buy a nice fight stick and go the emulator method and you'll get the same entertainment...plus a fatter wallet lol.
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
Raspberry pi mod

more detailed how to
Last edited by zoso454 on Oct 4th, 2018 10:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 15, 2004
7631 posts
2175 upvotes
Interesting. Anyone ordered the one from recroommasters.com? I want to have an acrade with loads of games.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
12640 posts
6013 upvotes
I see Bed Bath and Beyond have removed these from their web site...

:-(
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
ken604 wrote: Thanks for posting!
Seems like alot of extra parts to hack a pi in there.

Prob better off with this kit for a little more $:
https://www.recroommasters.com/19-Xtens ... -jamma.htm
I'd rather try fitting a Pandoras box into the 1up. It already has the screen. Just wire up the pandora's harness into the buttons. Screen will need some converting.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2004
8687 posts
1542 upvotes
nikick wrote: I was looking for this and found walmart.ca carrying pandora, third party seller though:

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/Family-875 ... L6EF8OH5AC
Buy it from eBay. I bought a 6s model with 1388 games last week. It arrived in 2 days for $144 all in.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1403 posts
3723 upvotes
New Brunswick
kool1 wrote:
He pretty much replaced everything but the screen; not really a "hack" lol
Deal Addict
Jan 30, 2010
1255 posts
814 upvotes
Canada
Stock R wrote: I'd rather try fitting a Pandoras box into the 1up. It already has the screen. Just wire up the pandora's harness into the buttons. Screen will need some converting.
Found this on Reddit https://www.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comm ... _complete/

https://m.imgur.com/a/SF6wTWP
Last edited by zoso454 on Oct 9th, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5898 posts
2331 upvotes
Toronto
How is does a $400 machine that can run the same things my first generation iphone can run have 19 pages of posts LOLLL
Deal Fanatic
Nov 29, 2007
6073 posts
6034 upvotes
No Bum Deals
ez_86 wrote: How is does a $400 machine that can run the same things my first generation iphone can run have 19 pages of posts LOLLL
Apples v oranges.
. 🡻 ԀՈ ⅄∀Ϻ SIHꓕ 🡻
Jan 5, 2007
216 posts
63 upvotes
Stock R wrote: Buy it from eBay. I bought a 6s model with 1388 games last week. It arrived in 2 days for $144 all in.
Do you have a link to the listing? I’m seeing most of them are now around $200.

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)