Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

ASUS 14” FHD Flip Chromebook, Intel Core M3-8100, C433 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop (C433TA-WB31T-CB) $299

[OP]
Aug 25, 2019
944 posts
997 upvotes

[Walmart] ASUS 14” FHD Flip Chromebook, Intel Core M3-8100, C433 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop (C433TA-WB31T-CB) $299

ASUS 14” FHD Flip Chromebook, Intel Core M3-8100,
C433 2 in 1 Convertible Laptop (C433TA-WB31T-CB)

Supposed Regular $630

Introducing the ASUS Chromebook Flip C433, a Chromebook featuring a durable 360-degree hinge, 14 inch display, 4-way NanoEdge narrow bezel, and USB Type-C/Type-A. Built within a precision-crafted aluminum-alloy chassis and diamond cut edges. Experience an ultrabook spec Chromebook that has the power and flexibility to get everything done.
• 14 inch Touchscreen Full HD 1920x1080 4-way NanoEdge display featuring ultra-narrow bezels (5mm thin) around each side of the display that allows for a 14-inch screen to fit in the body of a 13-inch laptop footprint
• Powered by the Intel Core m3-8100Y Processor (up to 3.4 GHz) for super-fast and snappy performance. If you use a ton of tabs or run lots of apps, this has the power to get it all done with ease
• The Full HD display has a durable 360 degree hinge that can be used to flip the touchscreen display to tent, stand, and tablet mode
• 4GB LPDDR3 RAM; 128GB eMMC storage and 2x USB 3.2 Type-C (Gen 1) and 1x USB 3.2 Type-A (Gen 1) ports plus a backlit chiclet keyboard (*USB Transfer speed may vary. Learn more at ASUS website)
• With an ultra compact footprint the ASUS Chromebook weighs only 3.31 lb
• Extensive connectivity with Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac), Bluetooth 4.2 and Micro SD card reader
• Google Assistant voice-recognition support to make achieving tasks easier. Google features’ availability varies according to country. Please check with your local ASUS retailer for details.
• Chromebook runs on Chrome OS • an operating system by Google that is built for the way we live today. It comes with built-in virus protection, updates automatically*, boots up in seconds and continues to stay fast over time.

So what does everyone say about this???
"You must live in the present, launch yourself on every wave, find your eternity in each moment." — Henry David Thoreau
22 replies
Jan 27, 2008
74 posts
348 upvotes
This isn't 50% off. This is a 3-year old model that retails around $400-$450 these days.
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2013
1656 posts
837 upvotes
Toronto
Still a good deal for a 4/128 with a 1080p touchscreen. If I didn't already have too many Chromebooks, I would likely jump on this deal.
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2019
2447 posts
12642 upvotes
hssironman wrote: Still a good deal for a 4/128 with a 1080p touchscreen. If I didn't already have too many Chromebooks, I would likely jump on this deal.
Why do you have multiple Chromebooks? RFD effect? Astonished Face
Mar 8, 2010
210 posts
413 upvotes
not as well built or as good of a screen as the C13 but its not bad for the price. You really aren't getting something like the C13 again, as that was actually a premium laptop specced like a chromebook for under $200. That was a full aluminum build with a premium keyboard and full sRGB colour gamut, this one is a plastic build. It will flex when you type on it. This will also not have a full sRGB colour gamut so the screen will be a bit washed out in comparison as well. Better than the TN screens in low end chromebooks though.

Also will say it again: Even the most low end of low end chromebooks perform decently well if you USE PWAs FOR EVERYTHING. Don't rely on android/linux. Use the chrome browser.
Last edited by threi on Dec 29th, 2022 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2019
65 posts
207 upvotes
BestBuy has a the 8GB RAM version for sale for $100 more...
Nov 27, 2019
65 posts
207 upvotes
threi wrote: not as well built or as good of a screen as the C13 but its not bad for the price. You really aren't getting something like the C13 again, as that was actually a premium laptop specced like a chromebook for under $200.
False. This ASUS has a larger screen, for the same frame size as the C13. It also has more storage. This ASUS also weighs less, even though it has a larger screen.
Mar 8, 2010
210 posts
413 upvotes
BoomerDoomer wrote: False. This ASUS has a larger screen, for the same frame size as the C13. It also has more storage. This ASUS also weighs less, even though it has a larger screen.
Read my edit. The Asus screen has a lower colour gamut than the C13, it will have a more washed out image in comparison. It also doesn't get as bright. It has a larger screen but because its the same resolution, it will have a smaller pixel density.

Also the ASUS weighs less because its a mostly plastic build, compared to the C13 that is all aluminum.

Don't get me wrong though, I think this is a good deal. It's just that the C13 was kind of an anomaly which I don't think we will ever see again.
Apr 24, 2012
608 posts
931 upvotes
Vancouver
Are these available in stores for walking in and buying one? Or do they need to be ordered for pickup?
Mar 18, 2019
262 posts
360 upvotes
threi wrote: If you don't mind open box, I think this HP from the source is a better deal.

Better CPU, build quality, and 8GB of ram.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/brands/h ... /108093203
is it just me or isn't this a ridiculously good deal? It's 2 in 1, build quality seems great, 8gb of ram, great cpu...other than the open box, is the c13 or the one that op posted better in any way to this one from the source? I am waiting for a c13 to ship....but i feel like cancelling it and going for this one.
Mar 8, 2010
210 posts
413 upvotes
jrcrmr wrote: is it just me or isn't this a ridiculously good deal? It's 2 in 1, build quality seems great, 8gb of ram, great cpu...other than the open box, is the c13 or the one that op posted better in any way to this one from the source? I am waiting for a c13 to ship....but i feel like cancelling it and going for this one.
I think it is, thats why I posted it lol. I bought one on impulse despite having a C13.

I was researching that model and some other chromebooks because the "new" model was also on sale and I wanted to compare, and unless I missed something my conclusions were:

C13 has slightly better build quality - full aluminum vs aluminum cover/keyboard panel with plastic underside on the HP (while the ASUS is full plastic)
C13 has a slightly better screen (higher PPI, gets brighter, more accurate colours)
C13 has a built-in stylus (depending on the model)

vs

HP 14c has better specs (Core i3 10110u is a little bit better than the Athlon 3150c, 128GB storage vs 32GB, 8GB RAM vs 4GB)
HP 14c has a better wifi chip (compared to the realtek on the base model C13)
HP 14c has better speakers (I didn't even hear them but the C13 speakers are the worst speakers i've EVER heard on an electronic device, no way it's not better)
Aug 15, 2022
390 posts
458 upvotes
threi wrote: If you don't mind open box, I think this HP from the source is a better deal.

Better CPU, build quality, and 8GB of ram.

https://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/brands/h ... /108093203
I'm giving this one a shot. Thank you.

I've been looking for a decent 2 in 1 to use on the treadmill and/or stationary bike. I know that with that use case I could probably do with a lesser build such as the one from the original post but why not go for one with a better cpu and double the ram?
Mar 18, 2019
262 posts
360 upvotes
silverjelly wrote: Geez, too slow on that HP :(
jesus, i thought that there'd be a few and i would think about it tonight and get it tomorrow morning. my loss i guess. God damn it.