Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] AtGames Sega Genesis Flashback Gaming Console - $49.96

Feb 6, 2013
910 posts
1031 upvotes
Ontario
Already tons of threads on this POS. I believe it was as low as $25 at Bed, Bath & Beyond last time.
Oct 28, 2012
369 posts
110 upvotes
Ajax, ON
DougO wrote: My Dreamcast still works fine. Thanks though...
Haha. I've been playing mine over the last couple of weeks actually, funny enough. 2K Tennis is so dope!

Ok, but how can this Genesis reboot be that terrible? I mean, it plays the games, not? It says NTSC. You guys are all unanimous on the hate lol
Oct 16, 2013
88 posts
182 upvotes
Toronto
taskmasta wrote:
Ok, but how can this Genesis reboot be that terrible? I mean, it plays the games, not? It says NTSC. You guys are all unanimous on the hate lol
bed-bath-and-beyond-sega-81-1-classic-g ... #p30117807

Saying this console can't be that bad because it plays the games is like saying a Fisher Price keyboard is akin to a genuine piano because it "plays the notes, does it not?".

Sorry but this is not unfounded hate or bias. This console really is as awful as everyone is implying.
Jan 21, 2010
428 posts
152 upvotes
Toronto
The horrible audio reproduction should be enough to deter you from this console.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2003
1003 posts
270 upvotes
Montreal
@atgames = garbo do not buy, this ain't the same quality as the nintendo stuff
HOW CAN I BE GOING BROKE WHEN I'M SAVING SO MUCH MONEY!?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4379 posts
1480 upvotes
Cheapo-Findo wrote: • 81 built-in classic games; Amazing selection of SEGA greatest hits included: Sonic ™ series, Mortal Kombat ™ series, Virtua Fighter 2, Comic Zone and Phantasy Star ™; New additions to the game line-up include role-playing and strategy legends: Shining Force ™, and Shining Force II ™; 2 wired controllers, styled after the Sega Genesis originals; Compatible with original Sega Genesis (cartridge is not included); Comes with AV cable; Comes AC adapter; North American Version
Garbage. Useless.

SEGA will come out with a better classic console.
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL. Polk Audio S35 - Center. Klipsch R51M - RR+RL & R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL. Polk Audio HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13685 posts
8697 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Ah fudge! I bought 2 for the childrens!!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Nov 20, 2005
162 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
This is not the actual Sega mini. It does not have HDMI.
Deal Addict
Jun 7, 2017
1134 posts
3010 upvotes
New Brunswick
If some of you guys think the PS Classic is a bad value...

Anything from (SH)ATGames should be avoided like the plague.
Deal Addict
Jan 29, 2010
1011 posts
855 upvotes
Toronto
Loved the Dreamcast- so many arcade perfect obscure games on there
[OP]
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13685 posts
8697 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
3D0 ...bring that back!

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 28, 2012
369 posts
110 upvotes
Ajax, ON
jillaryit wrote: Loved the Dreamcast- so many arcade perfect obscure games on there
Loved Dreamcast too, but playing it again over the last several weeks recently, I realize how LONG the loading time is. But a quality DC mini/classic would be killer!
Feb 11, 2019
10 posts
4 upvotes
Avoid anything by AtGames like the plague! This thing is junk.
Feb 17, 2017
160 posts
33 upvotes
That's too bad. The concept that this had flash games on it, but could still play the old physical cartridges sounded very enticing, but if it basically doesn't work, it's kind of pointless. I've still got all my retro gear... :P
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6191 posts
1440 upvotes
Richmond Hill
disolitude wrote: Very flawed unit, and if you must have one of these, pick this up while it lasts...
https://auctionmaxx.com/Listing/Details ... CK-CONSOLE
HDMI, wireless controller (that work well) and ability to hack and sideload other Genesis roms.

For the purists, this is the device to get, once available...
https://www.analogue.co/mega-sg/
auctionmaxx is legit?
Dec 3, 2009
481 posts
113 upvotes
Etobicoke
yesstyle wrote: auctionmaxx is legit?
Yeah its legit. Always check the rated quality of the goods and condition. You can even go see the goods and inspect them if you'd like...
Deal Fanatic
May 18, 2009
6191 posts
1440 upvotes
Richmond Hill
disolitude wrote: Yeah its legit. Always check the rated quality of the goods and condition. You can even go see the goods and inspect them if you'd like...
Lots of bad reviews on yelp tho
Dec 21, 2011
42 posts
63 upvotes
Toronto
I actually bought the hd version of this console a while ago for 60$. That was before sega announced their official mini console or i would have waited. The main problem are the Sonic games as they are very choppy compared to the original Genesis. They are playable though. I still enjoyed the slower games like the rpgs and ristar. No streets of rage or Gunstar heroes was a big missed oppurtunity. To me it was worth it a the time but not anymore since the official console is coming. Unless you can find it for very cheap...