• Last Updated:
  • Mar 2nd, 2020 7:17 pm
[OP]
Sep 15, 2018
116 posts
71 upvotes
Ottawa

[Walmart] Autodrive wiper blade $4.97, all season $6.47, premium $8.97

16-28 in wiper blades. I’ve been using the cheapest conventional version in the summer. Decent quality for the price
Images
  • 0C31DC5B-DFDD-4587-8940-05A71B7A8B8B.jpeg
  • 628B1984-41B4-44C4-9113-24DEDF10B38D.jpeg
47 replies
Dec 15, 2006
758 posts
372 upvotes
Ottawa
I saw these yesterday and grabbed a set of all seasons and premium. I just replaced my vehicle so figured I'd try them both to see which is better.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4655 posts
2431 upvotes
M-Arkham
I seen some terribad reviews for these, all of them say they have issue touching the windshield and streaking
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2004
6174 posts
2287 upvotes
I tried el cheapo wiper blades (I actually bought em at Ollies in Niagara Falls NY) - they streaked, they squeaked when it wasn't raining heavily and they had issues touching the windshield at the last few inches of the blade.
Never again.
Feb 7, 2020
130 posts
82 upvotes
Not bad in a pinch, thanks OP. I've always bought the Michelin ones at costco for the quality.
“You'd be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap.”
― Steven Tyler
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2009
4655 posts
2431 upvotes
M-Arkham
The Michelin works fairly well for me too, but I found that they do not last, I usually have to change them at the end of the season
2x Zoomer $36 for 5GB , 800min Can wide talk n unlimited txt
1x Fido $40 for 5GB w/ unlimited Can Wide txt/talk small plan(+3GB bonus )
Jan 20, 2011
995 posts
587 upvotes
Montreal-Ouest, QC
Jimclark wrote: Not bad in a pinch, thanks OP. I've always bought the Michelin ones at costco for the quality.
Michelins from Costco are the worst quality i've encountered in my life. For 10$ i don't complain but they are terrible.
Paying full price for an item is a sin. :twisted:
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2006
12609 posts
5764 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Brewmeanie wrote: I seen some terribad reviews for these, all of them say they have issue touching the windshield and streaking
That can be said for most 3rd party blades as they are 'universal fit' which means that they won't work particularly well on most cars. To make matters worse, I've found that most of these 3rd party blades don't last as long as the factory blades.
Jul 14, 2013
279 posts
137 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
Brewmeanie wrote: The Michelin works fairly well for me too, but I found that they do not last, I usually have to change them at the end of the season
How do you dispose the wiper blades at the end of their life, like the metal rod?
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Jul 14, 2013
279 posts
137 upvotes
Red & White Flag…
Brewmeanie wrote: The Michelin works fairly well for me too, but I found that they do not last, I usually have to change them at the end of the season
How do you dispose the wiper blades at the end of their life, like the metal rod?
If it's not free, it's too expensive...
Feb 7, 2020
130 posts
82 upvotes
ispeedca wrote: Michelins from Costco are the worst quality i've encountered in my life. For 10$ i don't complain but they are terrible.
Lol. Made my day.
“You'd be surprised how expensive it costs to look this cheap.”
― Steven Tyler
Deal Guru
Mar 8, 2002
11833 posts
3171 upvotes
GTA
Me too. I dabbled in a pair of Bosch blades, didn't notice a difference in wipe quality and they lasted about two years. They were $27 each, so twice the longevity for 2.7 times the price.....back to Costco.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2006
1977 posts
1017 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
I've used the Costco Michelin blades and found they are decent. I also found the OEM wiper blades to last a long time. I'm still using my OEM ones from Dec 2017 and they're still going strong. I'm guessing it makes a difference on how often you use them, where you park (garage or outdoors), etc.

I'm in a garage at home and covered parking while at work so they're not as exposed to the elements. I also find that a lot of times it's not the wipers that are the issue but a unclean/etched windshield. I use Aquapel on my windshield and wash my car at least every couple weeks so it's always clean. I use Stoner's glass cleaner, a razor blade, and isopropyl alcohol on the windshield prior to applying my Aquapel.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2002
3016 posts
1614 upvotes
Vancouver
ispeedca wrote: Michelins from Costco are the worst quality i've encountered in my life. For 10$ i don't complain but they are terrible.
Agreed. When I was a novice, I was impressed by the Michelin brand. But later, I realized blades are super cheap from Rock Auto. Even economy line Bosch DirectConnect ($4) outperform the Michelins from Costco.
Oct 13, 2016
333 posts
458 upvotes
How is the premium one compared to the Michelin one at Costco?