Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Back to School Cellphone Offers + $100 BACK POCKET OFFER UNTIL SEPT 7

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 1st, 2021 2:40 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3921 posts
8475 upvotes

[Walmart] Back to School Cellphone Offers + $100 BACK POCKET OFFER UNTIL SEPT 7

BELL/VIRGIN/ROGERS/FIDO have a $100 BPO AGAIN UNTIL SEPT 7!!
  • Unless stated otherwise, upfront cost is $0.
  • Offers are typically very similar between Costco, The Mobile Shop, Best Buy, WOW Mobile, and Walmart.
  • Giftcards are available for both new and upgrades for FIDO AND VIRGIN. Koodo just being scummy again this year.
  • There is no way to buy out your contract and ONLY pay the tab. Its been over 2 years, stop asking
  • More information will be added as I get updates

Koodo: (NEW ACTIVATIONS ONLY)

iPhone 7 = $300 GC / $5 Tab Basic
iPhone 8 = $200 GC / $10 Tab Basic
iPhone SE 2020 = $350 GC / $25 Tab Mid
iPhone XR = $250 GC / $15 Tab Mid
iPhone 11 = $250 GC / $20 Tab Plus
iPhone 11 Pro = DISCONTINUED
iPhone 12 Mini = $125 GC / $21 Tab Plus
iPhone 12 = $250 GC / $32 Tab Plus
iPhone 12 Pro = $250GC / $648 Upfront / $33 Tab Plus
iPhone 12 Pro Max = $250GC / $803 Upfront / $33 Tab Plus
Samsung S20 FE = $400GC / $25 Tab Plus
Samsung S21 = $400 GC / $30 Tab Plus
Samsung A32 = $350 GC / $10 Tab Mid
Samsung A52 = $400 GC / $15 Tab Mid
Google Pixel 4a = $400 GC / $15 Tab Plus
Google Pixel 5 = $400 GC / $25 Tab Plus
LG Velvet = $300 GC / $10 Tab Mid
Moto G Fast = $200 GC / $3 Tab Basic
Moto One Ace = $250 GC / $10 Tab Mid
TCL 20 Pro = $450 GC / $20 Tab Plus
TCL 20S = $450 GC / $10 Tab Mid

Virgin:


iPhone SE 2020 = $300 GC / $25 Financing
iPhone XR = $250 GC / $15 Financing
iPhone 11 = $250 GC / $20 Financing
iPhone 11 Pro = DISCONTINUED
iPhone 12 Mini = $200 GC / $21 Financing
iPhone 12 = $250 GC / $32.50 Financing
iPhone 12 Pro = $350 GC / $640 Upfront / $33.33 Financing
iPhone 12 Pro Max = $350 GC / $796 Upfront / $33.33 Financing
Samsung S20 FE = $400GC / $25 Financing
Samsung S21 = $300 GC / $30 financing
Samsung A32 = $250 GC / $10 Financing
Samsung A52 = $300 GC / $15 Financing
Google Pixel 4a = $300 GC / $20 Financing
Google Pixel 5 = $300 GC / $25 Financing
LG Velvet = $300 GC / $10 Financing
Moto G Fast = $200 GC / $10 Financing
TCL 20 Pro = $350 GC / $20 Financing
TCL 20S = $400 GC / $10 Financing

Fido/Koodo/Virgin:
  • $50 activation fee credited back on second or third bill

Shaw Mobile: (Must have Shaw internet)


BYOD $0 - Unlimited talk/text
BYOD $15 - Unlimited talk/text + 3GB
BYOD $45 - Unlimited talk/text + 25GB
BYOD $25 - Unlimited talk/text + 25GB (For Fibre+Gig Internet customers)

Freedom Mobile:
iPhone 12 = $70/month ($50 20GB plan + $20 tab) $250 GC + $100 BPO
iPhone 12 Pro = $94/month ($50 20GB plan + $44 tab)
iPhone 11 = $60/month ($50 20GB plan + $10 tab) $250 GC + $100 BPO

If you can manage a friends and family discounts from the reps, you'll get an even better deal.
Last edited by NavieM on Sep 9th, 2021 12:55 am, edited 16 times in total.
Public Mobile customer
250 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2015
1192 posts
1266 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I miss Koodo's no strings attached tab deals so much. Right now, they may be one of the worst in terms of offering deals. I think the only selling point Koodo has is they do not increase plan costs often if any time at all. I have been using the $40 8GB+$0 5GB add on with zero increases.
-
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3921 posts
8475 upvotes
SureshA720227 wrote: I miss Koodo's no strings attached tab deals so much. Right now, they may be one of the worst in terms of offering deals. I think the only selling point Koodo has is they do not increase plan costs often if any time at all. I have been using the $40 8GB+$0 5GB add on with zero increases.
Afaik the only things they've increased are the $0 voicemail to $3, $0 international minutes to $2 and the $20 migration plan to $25. They're not terrible for it, but it does happen
Public Mobile customer
Newbie
Dec 15, 2016
23 posts
4 upvotes
Does anyone know what's the best option to get an IP 12 Pro Max at the moment? Seems there is not much good promo going on
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
12017 posts
108486 upvotes
Ontario
THANK YOU. what is the base good plan? or the best deal with plans?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Member
User avatar
Nov 21, 2016
301 posts
459 upvotes
abbotsford
So is this available for pre-existing/current customers? I’m on virgins **post paid** $15 per month basic 100m call+text plan. I activated on a BYOD basis. Can I go ask them for one of these phones or is my plan not going to be eligible?

And if not, how about if I switch to Fido?
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
12017 posts
108486 upvotes
Ontario
@NavieM can we use the GC to reduce the device monthly payment?

I think TMS allows it for all carriers and it is up to $240?
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 26, 2010
3921 posts
8475 upvotes
Thatdealguy wrote: THANK YOU. what is the base good plan? or the best deal with plans?
Base plan for everything is $45 4GB right now unless you’re doing a migration plan from Lucky or Chatr
gyggyg wrote: So is this available for pre-existing/current customers? I’m on virgins **post paid** $15 per month basic 100m call+text plan. I activated on a BYOD basis. Can I go ask them for one of these phones or is my plan not going to be eligible?

And if not, how about if I switch to Fido?
The minimum plans are $45/month for almost everything listed. $15 plans are BYOD only as far as I know. My system doesn’t even show the plans
Thatdealguy wrote: @NavieM can we use the GC to reduce the device monthly payment?

I think TMS allows it for all carriers and it is up to $240?
Walmart, unfortunately, doesn’t allow this
Public Mobile customer
Deal Guru
User avatar
Oct 21, 2015
12017 posts
108486 upvotes
Ontario
NavieM wrote: Base plan for everything is $45 4GB right now unless you’re doing a migration plan from Lucky or Chatr



The minimum plans are $45/month for almost everything listed. $15 plans are BYOD only as far as I know. My system doesn’t even show the plans



Walmart, unfortunately, doesn’t allow this
thanks for the quick response. do you know if we can do the $40/10gb first year and $50/10gb 2nd year plan?

most store have this plan and I remembered Walmart has it during March promotion.
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Newbie
Dec 24, 2018
51 posts
237 upvotes
I want the Iphone 11, but I know it will drop by 100$ end of next month/ early October when Iphone 13 gets released.
The question is, will the giftcard offers still be as high at that time.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2005
7215 posts
1981 upvotes
BC
EmpressLisaSu wrote: So no deals for us existing $40 11gb Koodo ppl?
No, we're better off switching to Virgin; if you go with the $50/10GB plan and get at least a $250 gift card, you'd pay the same or less for a new phone + plan over the next 24 months than sticking with the Koodo $40.11GB plan and doing a hardware upgrade.
Deal Addict
User avatar
Oct 1, 2020
1028 posts
2664 upvotes
Kwirky wrote: No, we're better off switching to Virgin; if you go with the $50/10GB plan and get at least a $250 gift card, you'd pay the same or less for a new phone + plan over the next 24 months than sticking with the Koodo $40.11GB plan and doing a hardware upgrade.
I see, I'll try to use this as leverage to see if they can do anything for me. I have 3 months left on my tab though... I think my best bet is to wait until Dec when my tabs gone. Anyone have experience with cellphone deals during Christmas season vs BTS season?
Newbie
Sep 6, 2019
80 posts
204 upvotes
JusTeeC32460 wrote: costco has the same promotion post online
Costco also includes 3rd party wireless earbuds and a car charger.

I was told to get the $400 gc you need to sign up for a plan over $60. Otherwise its only $200. Can anyone confirm?
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2015
4178 posts
2447 upvotes
Toronto, ON
lucastutu wrote: Does anyone know what's the best option to get an IP 12 Pro Max at the moment? Seems there is not much good promo going on
If you are on a contract with any of the big cell providers then just port your line to another carrier and then they will call you back for winback offer which will get you min $300 credit toward a new phone and best plans.
If you like the post or the comment, then don't forget to SMASH that LIKE BUTTON!
Deal Addict
Jun 25, 2009
2154 posts
964 upvotes
The phone prices are terrible, unlike 2 years ago. I got my s10+ for 4.25/month + 210 buy it back. There's nothing even remotely similar.
Newbie
Sep 21, 2011
42 posts
37 upvotes
Ajax
Quick question. If I get a Koodo tab, and one and half year down the line, I decide to move to another telco, what will I have to pay to Koodo as I still will have 6 months to go?
Member
Sep 13, 2019
296 posts
457 upvotes
Quebec
ashvagan wrote: Quick question. If I get a Koodo tab, and one and half year down the line, I decide to move to another telco, what will I have to pay to Koodo as I still will have 6 months to go?
You'll pay the remaining balance on the phone (and not the remaining month on the tab similar to what Koodo used to let customers do). Let's say the total balance for an iPhone is $1000 / 24 = $41.66, you' will pay $41.66 * 6 month left = $250.
Sr. Member
Dec 4, 2013
792 posts
400 upvotes
Mississauga
froesesp wrote: The phone prices are terrible, unlike 2 years ago. I got my s10+ for 4.25/month + 210 buy it back. There's nothing even remotely similar.
What plan did you get with it?

Top