[Walmart] Bialetti Musa stainless steel 2 cup stovetop espresso $40.97

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 8th, 2021 9:47 am
[OP]
Sep 30, 2011
89 posts
55 upvotes

[Walmart] Bialetti Musa stainless steel 2 cup stovetop espresso $40.97

I was looking for a 2 cup (don't confuse espresso cup size with American coffee cup) stove top espresso device and found this better deal at Walmart. At other online places I checked, the price was around $60.
Just got it and to my surprise, had included in the package a 200g Bialetti coffee bag sample, really good, dark, strong, great flavor. That knocked few more bucks from an already good price.
Rakuten just sent notification of another 1% cash back.
21 replies
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1343 posts
841 upvotes
Mississauga
This 2 cup is very small, probably less than a small cup.
I have a 6 cup version, which is slightly more than I need.
I don't drink much though.
I think a normal person might need a 4-6 cup, in size, which is like a cup of medium (4cup) to large (6cup) coffee.
PM $13/30 days, 250MB with unlimited incoming/30d
Zoomer $27/mo, 2GB unlimited minutesYour text to link here...
Carrytel cable internet, 75M/10M unltd, $40/30d
Nov 17, 2009
86 posts
144 upvotes
Haven't been to winners/homesense in a year because of Covid, but pre-Covid these were in stock at most locations for about $20.
Aug 31, 2006
847 posts
627 upvotes
Norilsk
Still using my Groshche from the old Hudson Bay thread was started for the 6-Cup Bialetti for $36. (The grosche 2-cup ended up being $9 or something with the same code, more than enough espresso for my lattes).

the-bay-bialetti-venus-6-cup-espresso-s ... f-2316291/

Now that was a hot deal
If I robbed the place I would be out by now....
Sep 6, 2020
23 posts
19 upvotes
gardener28 wrote: This 2 cup is very small, probably less than a small cup.
I have a 6 cup version, which is slightly more than I need.
I don't drink much though.
I think a normal person might need a 4-6 cup, in size, which is like a cup of medium (4cup) to large (6cup) coffee.
The cup size is counted by espresso shots, which explains why size-wise a 2-cup moke pot is very small but contains sufficient caffeine for one person.
Sep 14, 2020
31 posts
24 upvotes
drooldud wrote: Haven't been to winners/homesense in a year because of Covid, but pre-Covid these were in stock at most locations for about $20.
The induction ones?
May 18, 2018
479 posts
412 upvotes
drooldud wrote: Haven't been to winners/homesense in a year because of Covid, but pre-Covid these were in stock at most locations for about $20.
They weren't Bialetti though and they were probably the aluminum versions which wouldn't work on an induction stove.
May 18, 2018
479 posts
412 upvotes
2-cup is great for one person, you definitely need a 6-cup as well at some point if you have two more people over.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2011
89 posts
55 upvotes
PanchoVilla wrote: 2-cup is great for one person, you definitely need a 6-cup as well at some point if you have two more people over.
For two persons I use a 6cup moka pot and is absolutely fine, with this 2cup I basically get close to half of a 6cup pot, just perfect for me, about 150ml liquid gold.
For convenience I drink daily the dripping "bulk" coffee but you can't compare the quality with espresso.
This is my first stainless steel Bialetti, will definitely get a bigger size to replace my aluminum one.
The sizing of moka pots might confuse some people, my post was intended for the people who know.
Jul 21, 2013
79 posts
62 upvotes
THORNHILL
Since everyone here has a moka pot, does anyone use a Aeropress filter on it? to make "filter" coffee?
Nov 18, 2014
352 posts
388 upvotes
Calgary, AB
Cold. You can get these things for less than $20 at Winners or Amazon.
Feb 4, 2007
550 posts
360 upvotes
Just so no one is misled, this doesn't make espresso coffee.
May 18, 2018
479 posts
412 upvotes
FearlessSaver wrote: Cold. You can get these things for less than $20 at Winners or Amazon.
No you can't, you can buy knock-offs for 20$ but not Bialetti moka pots, especially not the induction stove stainless steel ones.
[OP]
Sep 30, 2011
89 posts
55 upvotes
PanchoVilla wrote: No you can't, you can buy knock-offs for 20$ but not Bialetti moka pots, especially not the induction stove stainless steel ones.
It's fine, some people are happy with knock-offs, would not exist if nobody would buy them.
Nov 17, 2009
86 posts
144 upvotes
Deal3r wrote: The induction ones?
Correct. They had about 6 different brands from what I remember. Bialetti was one of them. I'm certain. I can't remember models obviously but I ended up with an itallian branded one that was both induction compatible and was a 10 cup size. It's taken a long time to dial in the grind size and get your levels just right, but when everything is bang on it's the best f'n coffee you'll have
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
1277 posts
1404 upvotes
Whats the comparison in terms of "2 cup moka coffee" equal in terms of drip coffee caffeine?
Jul 31, 2007
4 posts
4 upvotes
It is a bit pricier but I would just get Brikka 4cups. Pretty solid and much better than Moka version.
Apr 11, 2018
6 posts
27 upvotes
AMIGuy wrote: Since everyone here has a moka pot, does anyone use a Aeropress filter on it? to make "filter" coffee?
Yes, I find the filter keeps out the very fine grounds out of the coffee. Makes for fairly consistent coffee if you have your heat and grind size dialed well.
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2744 posts
3062 upvotes
I've had one of these classic moka pots for a while.

It's great if you're not in a hurry.
Jul 21, 2013
79 posts
62 upvotes
THORNHILL
A further question.
How much coffee do you use? How much water do you use?
For the Musa (6 cup), I saw (I think) that it takes 300 ml of water (up to the relief valve).
That would mean 18 gm of finely ground coffee, correct?