Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Black Friday Week Cell Phone Deals (NO MB/SK)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 2nd, 2021 2:49 pm
Sep 26, 2011
5 posts
1 upvote
ETOBICOKE
Hey guys, make sure you call them to confirm discounts. The rep (on phone) I had was very kind in that he kind of just added everything for me $35 for 7gb, tablet and $100 bill credit without even asking. I got the breakdown in email and didn't see any discounts so when I called them they confirmed everything except there was nothing about the $100 credit. Rep on phone was saying it is online only so I escalated to manager who approved it thankfully.
May 15, 2018
49 posts
19 upvotes
Innovac wrote: I gave up messing with Fido as they make notes of all our conversations. i tried 5 times. wasted a lot of time. not worth it for me.
Same here. Tried calling and online chat and wasn't able to get the $100 bill credit that others have received. Oh well.
Mar 22, 2018
609 posts
1166 upvotes
Canada
Just an update, on the phone with Koodo right now and they are giving me a really hard time to get the $10/month credit promised when activating the new line at Walmart.
Aug 30, 2007
318 posts
139 upvotes
Toronto
funtastic wrote: Just an update, on the phone with Koodo right now and they are giving me a really hard time to get the $10/month credit promised when activating the new line at Walmart.
I think you'll need to head back to Walmart. Koodo won't know what has been promised through walmart
Mar 20, 2012
29 posts
4 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Catora wrote: Same here. Tried calling and online chat and wasn't able to get the $100 bill credit that others have received. Oh well.
I am the same, can't image how they get the 100 credit.
Mar 22, 2018
609 posts
1166 upvotes
Canada
hi_me_again wrote: I think you'll need to head back to Walmart. Koodo won't know what has been promised through walmart
I'm still on the phone with Koodo, they've escalated it to management team. This is ridiculous. Will keep you guys updated as they say that there hasn't been a $10/month credit since the October Freedom deal.
Deal Addict
May 23, 2017
4196 posts
3204 upvotes
toronto
funtastic wrote: I'm still on the phone with Koodo, they've escalated it to management team. This is ridiculous. Will keep you guys updated as they say that there hasn't been a $10/month credit since the October Freedom deal.
too bad you arent with fido, it clearly states the mobile plan and handset discounts on the service agreement.
Got that FIDO account!
Deal Fanatic
Feb 18, 2013
5659 posts
9734 upvotes
BC
funtastic wrote: I'm still on the phone with Koodo, they've escalated it to management team. This is ridiculous. Will keep you guys updated as they say that there hasn't been a $10/month credit since the October Freedom deal.
Should call Walmart and ask them to text you a picture of the flyer/offer sheet
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
funtastic wrote: Just an update, on the phone with Koodo right now and they are giving me a really hard time to get the $10/month credit promised when activating the new line at Walmart.
When did you activate? The Koodo rep I chatted with on Facebook said the $240 bill credits were pulled after Sunday. There may have been a time lag between when Koodo pulled it, and when Walmart was notified.
Deal Addict
May 6, 2020
1124 posts
1026 upvotes
Catora wrote: Same here. Tried calling and online chat and wasn't able to get the $100 bill credit that others have received. Oh well.
moreover, they record the notes on their system no matter what you say they refer to your previous conversations and simply say no. it is completely based on luck. i wasted more than 5 hours on this.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
LeilaJia wrote: I am the same, can't image how they get the 100 credit.
I'm calling fido now , good luck for me
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 23, 2008
7616 posts
5699 upvotes
Ottawa
the fido agent said no $100 credit for me , only online
Buy Nice or Buy Twice.
Dec 17, 2019
333 posts
208 upvotes
Just received my first bill from Fido. For 4 GB 45-10 plan...

Actually it's not $10 discount for 24 months. It is 9.38

Setup service fee credited as "credit: hardware offer -45$"

I didn't see my $50 referral credit and $100 bill credit (was told 2nd or 3rd bill).
Deal Addict
Sep 10, 2004
1176 posts
110 upvotes
Gommes wrote: Just received my first bill from Fido. For 4 GB 45-10 plan...

Actually it's not $10 discount for 24 months. It is 9.38

Setup service fee credited as "credit: hardware offer -45$"

I didn't see my $50 referral credit and $100 bill credit (was told 2nd or 3rd bill).
koodo is $10 pre tax.
Feb 3, 2009
453 posts
151 upvotes
Jonquiere
Fido must be slammed.

I still don't have an email confirmation for my tablet from Sunday as well as the two BYOD lines i added last night.

0 emails!
Mar 22, 2018
609 posts
1166 upvotes
Canada
@hi_me_again @riseagainstthemachine @peakingduck @Rogido

Hi Guys, management team was able to apply the $10 credit monthly and change the amount owing. Almost 2 hours on the phone.

Yes, Fido is much more clear and well, better as they state the discounts in the service agreement.

They told me the Walmart Koodo rep did everything right, but that the system didn't accept it. Well that was final reason they gave me - I got 3 different versions of reasons including that the offer didn't exist.

We activated the line on Saturday and got the first bill today.

I hope none of you have to go through this.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
sunny923 wrote: koodo is $10 pre tax.
Koodo's bill credits are also after tax, so the amount applied against the monthly fee would be $10 less applicable GST/PST/HST
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2017
3685 posts
4751 upvotes
B.C.
Has anyone had problem recently, converting WM GC to visa master,
I have never had any problems before, but the other day, cashier called manager and manager denied it saying I can't buy Visa with GC, I asked him if this is new rule, he said it's always been like this, which is not true.

Went to 2nd store and they didn't have ANY visa master cards, customer service said there was a problem with them now they don't have any? Wtf?
Nov 16, 2020
80 posts
191 upvotes
All the people on koodo asking about how bill credit works. This is what Walmart printed off for me. The bill credit brings my plan to 50 (was 60 for 12gb but turns to 50 with credit)
Images
  • 20201201_163246.jpg

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)