Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Black web gaming soundbar on clearance for $20 (in-store clearance, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2020 7:39 pm
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4188 posts
2277 upvotes
theflyingsquirrel wrote: My TV does not have audio out. How am I suppose to connect this?
Your TV may only have optical out, which you'll need a DAC (Digital Audio Converter) which is another $30-50...which equals to a better soundbar with optical input.
Jun 26, 2007
910 posts
648 upvotes
Brewmeanie wrote: they say it's 52W, if it's true, then it should have more power then most TV speakers but after looking at the connection, aux and rca only. I actually see this better as a PC under/above the monitor speaker. The remote is the big plus here
52W peak. Which means nothing. Ignore all watt ratings that are not RMS because they don't mean anything because peak is not accross the spectrum of sound it's possible to game the system with worthless speakers and still get a 100W+ rating.
Dec 13, 2009
99 posts
56 upvotes
2 left at STC walmart. Picked up one for me and a friend, pretty happy with the sound compared to my crappy old speakers. LEDs don't seem to be working for either me or my buddy. Maybe they only work if audio is coming through RCA but I don't have a way to test.
Deal Addict
Feb 18, 2013
2683 posts
3624 upvotes
BC
Blitz68 wrote: 2 left at STC walmart. Picked up one for me and a friend, pretty happy with the sound compared to my crappy old speakers. LEDs don't seem to be working for either me or my buddy. Maybe they only work if audio is coming through RCA but I don't have a way to test.
How's the bass response? Have some at my location and debating on picking one up.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1687 posts
149 upvotes
GVR
Blitz68 wrote: 2 left at STC walmart. Picked up one for me and a friend, pretty happy with the sound compared to my crappy old speakers. LEDs don't seem to be working for either me or my buddy. Maybe they only work if audio is coming through RCA but I don't have a way to test.
Does it stay powered on when not in use ?
Dec 13, 2009
99 posts
56 upvotes
peakingduck wrote: How's the bass response? Have some at my location and debating on picking one up.
The bass isn't anything impressive but fine for me.
Johnny Powel wrote: Does it stay powered on when not in use ?
Yes it stays on unless you hit the power button.
edt: it automatically turns off if not used for a certain amount of time
Last edited by Blitz68 on Aug 11th, 2020 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dec 13, 2009
99 posts
56 upvotes
mannat25 wrote: Yes it comes with rca and aux cables. For 20 $ its not bad. Have more power than my bedroom tv. The lights dance with musicFace With Tears Of Joy. But i turned them off as it was more of a distraction.
Could you try connecting something through the AUX instead of the RCA and let me know if the lights work?
edit: nvm! turns out you have to hold the LED button to activate, they're working fine
Last edited by Blitz68 on Aug 11th, 2020 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jul 25, 2017
554 posts
165 upvotes
Just got it and honestly it is not worth it. I am going to return it.
There is no blutooth even so it only works with the computer.
Deal Addict
Dec 26, 2014
3684 posts
3344 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
leg3nd wrote: Just got it and honestly it is not worth it. I am going to return it.
There is no blutooth even so it only works with the computer.
Well it would work with your TV if your TV has the correct outputs, no?

Like if it does and it's better than your TV's built-in speakers that seems like a pretty good deal for $20 if you're not trying to go all-out on a sound system.
Deal Addict
Oct 18, 2003
1687 posts
149 upvotes
GVR
Blitz68 wrote: The bass isn't anything impressive but fine for me.

Yes it stays on unless you hit the power button.
edt: it automatically turns off if not used for a certain amount of time
Thanks for the edit, no good to me if it wont stay on.

Has anyone found a way to keep it powered on ?
Last edited by Johnny Powel on Aug 11th, 2020 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 4, 2012
57 posts
96 upvotes
Montreal
Thx OP.
Picked one up.
Was marked at 50$ but scanned in at 19$.
Going to put it on the computer in the game room for a light show for the kids while playing music.
Oct 27, 2019
196 posts
58 upvotes
Thanks Opp. Picked one up in Brarford. There was about 5-6 more there.
Dec 5, 2010
101 posts
57 upvotes
Toronto
Thanks OP. Picked one up in Rexdale GTA location. There was stilll two left during lunchtime. Haven't hooked it up yet.