Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Black web gaming soundbar on clearance for $20 (in-store clearance, YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 20th, 2020 7:39 pm
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
34007 posts
19870 upvotes
Ottawa
MeatJuice wrote: How heavy is this sound bar. Thinking of getting something light that can be used for portable media
Are you going to carry a 12v car battery around also?
Dec 8, 2013
145 posts
252 upvotes
Newmarket
Bought one for my computer because my monitor doesn't have speakers. I think for the price its great but I wouldn't use this with a TV. I usually use headphones when I'm gaming but this is perfect if I'm watching a video and don't feel like wearing my headphones.
May 2, 2017
794 posts
1448 upvotes
George1616 wrote: I just bought the soundbar. My tv has RCA connections for the RCA cable. I have a chromecast connected to the tv. Is it possible to have a show on Netflix playing while getting the sound through the RCA cables? I tried this but I wasnt getting any sound.
Haha of course. Any video output even if its not netflix.

I can only assume that you used the audio INPUT RCA connected to your speakers. You have to find the rca audio output for your speakers and then you might need to change the settings on your tv to NOT use the built in audio speakers.
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
211 upvotes
Bobcat11 wrote: Bought one for my computer because my monitor doesn't have speakers. I think for the price its great but I wouldn't use this with a TV. I usually use headphones when I'm gaming but this is perfect if I'm watching a video and don't feel like wearing my headphones.
Any significant distortions in sound at higher volumes?
May 2, 2017
794 posts
1448 upvotes
*. The speakers arent portable, but anything could be if you have the power.
Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 15th, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: thread cleanup
Mar 11, 2018
425 posts
211 upvotes
Seanne wrote: * The speakers arent portable, but anything could be if you have the power.
It is quite small as it is for a sound bar and if used with a small projector that is often moved, I would think it’s quite portable.
Last edited by MrDisco on Aug 15th, 2020 7:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: quote was edited
Deal Guru
Jan 12, 2017
12145 posts
3283 upvotes
Scarberia
i should have bought when the post first came out. now wallys all OOS, except scar. west but its 70$ price lol at 2 stock..might be wrong price? too lazy to drive there..might go sunday
*SIG: Ryzen R5 2600 cpu w/ ASrock B450M OCd to 4.0ghz@1.265v stock cooler 16gb ram win10 pro w/radeon rx460 rogers Gigabit<< xb1 gamertag: mikka2017 >>
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2007
9680 posts
4435 upvotes
Toronto
mikka2017 wrote: i should have bought when the post first came out. now wallys all OOS, except scar. west but its 70$ price lol at 2 stock..might be wrong price? too lazy to drive there..might go sunday
Thats what happens to lazy worms
Telus $45 25GB
Oct 20, 2010
530 posts
145 upvotes
Was in Bradford at BIL, saw this, went to Walmart and got the last 2 for my kids tv's :). Thanks Op
Aug 7, 2019
772 posts
265 upvotes
mikka2017 wrote: i should have bought when the post first came out. now wallys all OOS, except scar. west but its 70$ price lol at 2 stock..might be wrong price? too lazy to drive there..might go sunday
I don't think you missed out. They really should be $30 retail max considering the quality.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2469 posts
3169 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I was the opposite, classic RFD effect, buy 1st, think later. I bought 2, found no use for them, so I packed them back up and returned them. The rep at the return desk was surprised as she had to override the refund amount to $19 x 2 as they were scanning at $69.69. (I returned them to a closer Walmart than I had bought from, didn't feel like the longer drive)
Deal Expert
Oct 9, 2003
17490 posts
613 upvotes
Got 1 in North West Edmonton, there were 2 left. Seems ok for a cheap ass sound bar. Plugged it into my kids computer for Roblox.
Deal Addict
Aug 23, 2009
2054 posts
760 upvotes
On the fence..... someone convince me so I can justify it to myself later :)
Apr 26, 2009
646 posts
472 upvotes
Calgary
Thanks OP, picked one up at Deerfoot in Calgary. The price on the shelf showed $50 but scans in at $19.

Using an old 27” monitor as a TV in our kitchen. It has built in speakers but it’s not convenient to change the volume as you have to get into the menu, etc.

Was looking for something that I could fit underneath the TV and can easily adjust the volume with. Would have preferred a dial but the touch buttons will work fine. Like how there is a mute button. Also can’t beat $19.