[Walmart] Bloodborne for PS4 $9.96

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 26th, 2019 5:14 pm
[OP]
Mar 23, 2018
67 posts
83 upvotes

[Walmart] Bloodborne for PS4 $9.96

Walmart is selling Bloodborne for $9.96 right now online. This is the lowest that I have seen this game sold for.
14 replies
Apr 23, 2011
773 posts
133 upvotes
Newcastle
Upvote for one of my favorite games of all time. Was free on PS-Plus a while back, check you may own it before you buy
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1444 posts
401 upvotes
I bought it as a greatest hits after Christmas for 20 bucks. It is a great deal at 10 bucks! If you like Souls games you will love it!

I really like the Souls games but I wish they would add a fleshed-out story, some decent dialogue and a full palette of colours but I guess that is part of what makes the games different besides the difficulty and tight combat.

I made it decently far and took a break from it . . .Horizon Zero Dawn was calling and I picked up the phone and I haven't hung up on it yet.
Mar 31, 2006
263 posts
439 upvotes
Coquitlam
One of the best PS4 games ever. High recommend it!!!!
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3037 posts
2663 upvotes
Ottawa
A game that every person with a PS4 or intend to buy a PS5 should own.
SigBro wrote: As for the free/not free games, it's a lost cause for anyone trying to have a discussion with you about it because there's always a twinge of rage in your comments if one person sees it one way and you see it another and don't agree with it.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
1578 posts
493 upvotes
Vancouver
One of the best PS4 exclusives. Introduced me to the Souls series when it was free with PS Plus. Highly recommend grabbing this and the DLCs.
Brown ahead for Bure. Bure going in.. he scores! Pavel Bure has won it for the Vancouver Canucks! It's a triple overtime hat-trick for Vancouver!
- Western Conference Quarter-Final Game 7, April 30, 1994
Dec 19, 2006
363 posts
242 upvotes
Burnaby
feminazi wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 10:31 pm
I bought it as a greatest hits after Christmas for 20 bucks. It is a great deal at 10 bucks! If you like Souls games you will love it!

I really like the Souls games but I wish they would add a fleshed-out story, some decent dialogue and a full palette of colours but I guess that is part of what makes the games different besides the difficulty and tight combat.
They did. It's called Sekiro ;).
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1444 posts
401 upvotes
Thello wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 8:44 pm
They did. It's called Sekiro ;).
Really!? Well, well, well, it is about time the Souls games were fleshed out and that means Sekiro is a game I will definitely be looking to get on a sharp sale this year or next. Probably next. The backlog keeps calling for reinforcements when there are great game sales and getting a PS4 did not help matters one bit. I am trying to only buy greatest hits and top exclusives which helps a lot but the PS4 has been out for a long time and it is known for excellent exclusives . . .
Dec 10, 2015
70 posts
59 upvotes
Montréal
Bloodborne... making me spend over $700 on its collectibles. Not to mention Sekiro. From Software making me their slave
Dec 19, 2006
363 posts
242 upvotes
Burnaby
feminazi wrote:
Jun 25th, 2019 9:41 pm
Really!? Well, well, well, it is about time the Souls games were fleshed out and that means Sekiro is a game I will definitely be looking to get on a sharp sale this year or next. Probably next. The backlog keeps calling for reinforcements when there are great game sales and getting a PS4 did not help matters one bit. I am trying to only buy greatest hits and top exclusives which helps a lot but the PS4 has been out for a long time and it is known for excellent exclusives . . .
Highly, highly recommended and no regrets paying full price for it. Probably my favourite of all the Souls-like games, and if you love Bloodborne, it definitely skews more towards the Bloodborne aggressive style than the tanky Souls style of play.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2004
6782 posts
2943 upvotes
Toronto
feminazi wrote:
Jun 24th, 2019 10:31 pm
The From Software fans who already bought and played this game at a higher price years ago are certainly going to disagree with me but what you've said here is exactly why I think this is one of the most overrated games I've ever played
Aside from the combat which I agree is well done and an area that From Software generally excels in, every other aspect of this game is incredibly outdated and low effort imo. Poor outdated storytelling, bland visual design, boring barren environments, borderline PS3 era production values yet somehow the game still struggles to hit 30fps. It was an OK release back in 2015 but I don't understand how people can seriously hold this game to the same standard as more recent groundbreaking and high effort in every aspect PS4 exclusives like Uncharted 4, GOW, Spiderman, or HZD. Bloodborne is completely one dimensional compared to those other games.

That said $10 isn't a lot of money but I'm just leaving my opinion here as devils advocate to the comments praising this as some must have PS4 exclusive in 2019. It was maybe one of the better games available 4 years ago but I don't think anyone who hasn't played it is missing anything by skipping it now and there are better games to spend your time on.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1444 posts
401 upvotes
Thello wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 12:26 pm
Highly, highly recommended and no regrets paying full price for it. Probably my favourite of all the Souls-like games, and if you love Bloodborne, it definitely skews more towards the Bloodborne aggressive style than the tanky Souls style of play.
I like both styles but in Dark Souls I definitely turtled behind a great shield with a greatsword (that comically large one that stunlocks) but I love how Bloodborne rewards fast, aggressive attacking and trading blows.

As great as they are, I think a lot of people give the Souls games a free pass in terms of story, character development etc. or they pretend that digging through the world for tidbits of info. is revolutionary . . .I mean, hardly anyone has more than a few lines of canned dialogue!
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1444 posts
401 upvotes
ReeGee wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 3:55 pm
The From Software fans who already bought and played this game at a higher price years ago are certainly going to disagree with me but what you've said here is exactly why I think this is one of the most overrated games I've ever played
Aside from the combat which I agree is well done and an area that From Software generally excels in, every other aspect of this game is incredibly outdated and low effort imo. Poor outdated storytelling, bland visual design, boring barren environments, borderline PS3 era production values yet somehow the game still struggles to hit 30fps. It was an OK release back in 2015 but I don't understand how people can seriously hold this game to the same standard as more recent groundbreaking and high effort in every aspect PS4 exclusives like Uncharted 4, GOW, Spiderman, or HZD. Bloodborne is completely one dimensional compared to those other games.

That said $10 isn't a lot of money but I'm just leaving my opinion here as devils advocate to the comments praising this as some must have PS4 exclusive in 2019. It was maybe one of the better games available 4 years ago but I don't think anyone who hasn't played it is missing anything by skipping it now and there are better games to spend your time on.
It is funny that I was just writing a post agreeing with you but I differ in my opinion somewhat in that I still think it is well worth playing for the challenge and tight combat. I agree with your points though!

I have to say, Horizon Zero Dawn seems to have been designed to push the regular PS4 to the limits and past them (concentration slo-mo stutters badly sometimes). It is impressive what they produced for such old hardware. Spiderman is another good example as you mention.

If you have limited time though, Horizon Zero Dawn is a seriously, seriously good exclusive for the PS4!
Dec 19, 2006
363 posts
242 upvotes
Burnaby
It's all preference, really. Bloodborne, as with a lot of FromSoftware's titles, excels at world-building rather than traditional storytelling. There's certainly a story in Bloodborne, but it requires digging through the place-settings, the item descriptions, and connecting those dots. Sekiro still proffers that brand of storytelling for those who want it, but it's supported by much more accessible cutscenes.

Bloodborne remains a phenomenal game in 2019 (calling it "low effort" is just factually incorrect), but some folks might be inclined to traditional cutscene-heavy blockbusters. None of them are "breaking new ground," but they don't have to. Uncharted 4's ultimately the same game as the three before it, but its writing is more grounded and like God of War has been allowed to grow up with its audience. As for me, Spider-Man's entertainment value stopped at the web-slinging. I found the Batman style of combat tired and the single-button combos are bland and repetitive. Dif'rent strokes.
Deal Addict
Jul 8, 2005
1444 posts
401 upvotes
Thello wrote:
Jun 26th, 2019 5:02 pm
It's all preference, really. Bloodborne, as with a lot of FromSoftware's titles, excels at world-building rather than traditional storytelling. There's certainly a story in Bloodborne, but it requires digging through the place-settings, the item descriptions, and connecting those dots. Sekiro still proffers that brand of storytelling for those who want it, but it's supported by much more accessible cutscenes.

Bloodborne remains a phenomenal game in 2019 (calling it "low effort" is just factually incorrect), but some folks might be inclined to traditional cutscene-heavy blockbusters. None of them are "breaking new ground," but they don't have to. Uncharted 4's ultimately the same game as the three before it, but its writing is more grounded and like God of War has been allowed to grow up with its audience. As for me, Spider-Man's entertainment value stopped at the web-slinging. I found the Batman style of combat tired and the single-button combos are bland and repetitive. Dif'rent strokes.
It is clearly a game that people worked very hard on and Spider-Man is very polished but the combat isn't as slick as in Bloodborne.

When I think of world-building, I think of The Witcher 3, not the Souls-series. Again, to each his own. The Souls games are good to great and they can really get your blood and adrenaline flowing but a game like TW3 can really make you feel like you are part of a story and a world, which more than makes up for the mediocre combat in my opinion.

As you say, to each his own.