Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] BMW i8 6-Volt White Ride-On Toy Car & Power Wheels Barbie Jeep Wrangler: 2 Cents!!! (Reg $250-$448) Major YMMV!

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 25th, 2020 7:21 am
Jun 12, 2019
192 posts
213 upvotes
oj777 wrote: How did you get shut down? Did you manage to buy at self checkout but got checked by a receipt checker/security at the exit doors?
Error when scanning it at self check out
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2010
1503 posts
2983 upvotes
Dealscavenger613 wrote: Error when scanning it at self check out
You might have scanned the wrong barcode. Correct barcode= UPC # on Stocktrack and Walmart product page.

If you scan the incorrect barcode, it'll pop up an error message on the self checkout.
Jan 17, 2020
13 posts
10 upvotes
I called Woodstock they have 1 pink Jeep on the floor the customer service girl who checked said, maybe worth the half hour drive
Mar 31, 2013
162 posts
80 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Wife got as far as the self check out when the attendant came over and crushed my daughters hopes and dreams to drive at the age of two.
Mar 31, 2013
162 posts
80 upvotes
Sherwood Park
Chipppy wrote: Buy now, think later is the motto
You can also replace the battery for a mere 1900% the purchase price.
Nov 1, 2015
775 posts
745 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
polskon wrote: I saw one but was too late. Already back up to full price
So it's not a recall but rather a price error?
Jun 12, 2019
192 posts
213 upvotes
oj777 wrote: You might have scanned the wrong barcode. Correct barcode= UPC # on Stocktrack and Walmart product page.

If you scan the incorrect barcode, it'll pop up an error message on the self checkout.
Can you confirm that it could be different than the one I scanned for the MyWalmart app?
Dec 28, 2011
930 posts
574 upvotes
BBQPEANUT wrote: So it's not a recall but rather a price error?
How naive are you?

thats the way Walmart deal with product they are no longer paid to sell. Recalls are only an insignifiant fraction of the reasons. If you don't see a recall notice from health and safety canada then the manufacturer probably asked walmart to get rid instead of liquidate to make place for newer models at full price.

They do this for every items they carry : Toques, flash lights, toys, camping equipment, etc its just poor management but people sure do like to follow procedures like their life depended on it.
In the unlikely event the profuct is recalled, do the repairs yourself. The manufacturer will send you the repair kit free of charge.
The only thing you can catch is a dose of testosterone.
Feb 13, 2016
364 posts
393 upvotes
I went to Milton Walmart as they had two left, I found them and was picking one up to put in my cart. An employee came and was insiting to help me, I kindly said I'm fine and put it in alone. At that point he was forcing me to take it to electronics to pay, I told him I need to finish my groceries but he was adamant I needed to pay at electronics. I told him I would come back for it so they put it in the photo lab. While I walked away the employee that forced me to take it to electronics was whispering something to his coworker while they dragged it to the back.

When I came back and the employee from electronics scanned it asked me if I wanted warranty, I said yes. He wouldnt believe the price and called his manager who said they can't sell it for that cheap. I believe the employee who saw me pick it up originally knew how much it really was and wanted it for himself or going to electronics for something that large is actually the rule.
Dec 28, 2011
930 posts
574 upvotes
onthemove wrote: I went to Milton Walmart as they had two left, I found them and was picking one up to put in my cart. An employee came and was insiting to help me, I kindly said I'm fine and put it in alone. At that point he was forcing me to take it to electronics to pay, I told him I need to finish my groceries but he was adamant I needed to pay at electronics. I told him I would come back for it so they put it in the photo lab. While I walked away the employee that forced me to take it to electronics was whispering something to his coworker while they dragged it to the back.

When I came back and the employee from electronics scanned it asked me if I wanted warranty, I said yes. He wouldnt believe the price and called his manager who said they can't sell it for that cheap. I believe the employee who saw me pick it up originally knew how much it really was and wanted it for himself or going to electronics for something that large is actually the rule.
In Quebec they cannot ask another price or refuse to sell if they don't like the price anymore. It is implied they are making an offer at whatever price it scans. They are however welcomed to compensate you with another product with equal functionnality but the price must remain the same. It is assumed they are professionnals and take all the du dilligence so that mistakes are not permitted to carry on to the customer. It's part of their "punishment" to take the hit from an incorrectly labelled product. But in this case it's not even a mistake they deliberately chose to change the price and are taking active measures to go back on an offer instead of removing stock from the floor.
Unilaterally cancelling a sale is against the law. The agreement is born the moment you decided to accept the offer. Once you paid, the product is now your property and all action taken against your will is subject to crimminal charges. All depends on the time you have to waste but it's RFD we have all the time in the world!
Basically if walmart management is a crap shoot, it's not the client's fault.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2008
1748 posts
1236 upvotes
onthemove wrote: I went to Milton Walmart as they had two left, I found them and was picking one up to put in my cart. An employee came and was insiting to help me, I kindly said I'm fine and put it in alone. At that point he was forcing me to take it to electronics to pay, I told him I need to finish my groceries but he was adamant I needed to pay at electronics. I told him I would come back for it so they put it in the photo lab. While I walked away the employee that forced me to take it to electronics was whispering something to his coworker while they dragged it to the back.

If that exchange would have been caught on camera, it may have gone viral
Nov 1, 2015
775 posts
745 upvotes
North Vancouver, BC
ultimatum wrote: How naive are you?

thats the way Walmart deal with product they are no longer paid to sell. Recalls are only an insignifiant fraction of the reasons. If you don't see a recall notice from health and safety canada then the manufacturer probably asked walmart to get rid instead of liquidate to make place for newer models at full price.

They do this for every items they carry : Toques, flash lights, toys, camping equipment, etc its just poor management but people sure do like to follow procedures like their life depended on it.
In the unlikely event the profuct is recalled, do the repairs yourself. The manufacturer will send you the repair kit free of charge.
The only thing you can catch is a dose of testosterone.
If they're no longer paid to sell it, why would they raise the price back to normal then?
Dec 29, 2017
407 posts
372 upvotes
Got the BMW, thanks OP!! Deal is still alive.

FYI scan the barcode on the original box, not any Walmart sticker, even though the barcode number matches. The plain barcode on the box rings up at $.02.