Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Braun BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker - 12 Cup - Stainless Steel - KF7070SI - YMMV $69

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 10:28 am
[OP]
Aug 11, 2012
208 posts
184 upvotes
Halifax

[Walmart] Braun BrewSense Drip Coffee Maker - 12 Cup - Stainless Steel - KF7070SI - YMMV $69

Obligatory first deal post! Please be nice :)

Have been looking for a new drip coffeemaker, and waiting for more stock on the Braun KF7150BK from the other thread. Then I found this Braun KF7070SI at Walmart. Only available in one of the stores near me, hence the YMMV.

Lacks a few features compared to the other one from Amazon, but seems like a highly reviewed coffee maker for the price.

https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=802109832028
9 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2012
3308 posts
2830 upvotes
Toronto
if this was the one that could set temperature, that would have been even hotter
Jan 24, 2009
955 posts
581 upvotes
Montreal
[quote=dracolnyte post_id=33091687 time=1599700834 user_id=522060]
if this was the one that could set temperature, that would have been even hotter
[/quote]

I don’t want to rain on the OPs parade (good job in finding this deal) ... just want to remind folks that we might have a romantic attachment to the Braun brand doesn’t mean the new owners are following the original philosophy... they are just capitalizing on the brand. Nowhere near as good as what they were making in the 70s and 80s. If you are nostalgic or thinking of upping your coffee game look elsewhere.

The new Braun coffee makers are a disappointment...speaking from experience.
Feb 1, 2017
16 posts
10 upvotes
Nice find. Wish I saw this deal a few days ago as I just bought the 7150 from Lowe's for about $82. Did this by getting them to price beat the Bay ($95.99 like Amazon) and additional savings (5% I think) using my contractor card.

I see the one you posted in stock at a few locations near me in Hamilton as low as $55. For those savings i would have forgone the additional features of the 7150
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2577 posts
1280 upvotes
B.C.
randomroyalty wrote: I don’t want to rain on the OPs parade (good job in finding this deal) ... just want to remind folks that we might have a romantic attachment to the Braun brand doesn’t mean the new owners are following the original philosophy... they are just capitalizing on the brand. Nowhere near as good as what they were making in the 70s and 80s. If you are nostalgic or thinking of upping your coffee game look elsewhere.

The new Braun coffee makers are a disappointment...speaking from experience.
Whats disappointing about them?
Feb 8, 2007
476 posts
173 upvotes
Toronto
Unfortunately none near me, but including a stocktrack link in your first hot deal post? You are already a pro at this! Thx :)
Jan 24, 2009
955 posts
581 upvotes
Montreal
lennyandcarl wrote: Whats disappointing about them?
Does not brew at correct temperature. Coffee tastes under extracted.
[OP]
Aug 11, 2012
208 posts
184 upvotes
Halifax
adameme wrote: Unfortunately none near me, but including a stocktrack link in your first hot deal post? You are already a pro at this! Thx :)
Haha! Thanks, I have been lurking around (and observing) for a few years now. :)
Jan 24, 2009
955 posts
581 upvotes
Montreal
chris5555 wrote: Even their fancy certified one? Reviews are good on it, and my wife insists on a drip machine. This guy in particular: https://www.braunhousehold.com/en-ca/pr ... 0x13211035
Yeah I’m sure it’s good but there are better. I have a Moccamaster because it’s built to last and user serviceable. This might be too expensive for many but I got tired of junking coffee makers every couple of years.

I suggest looking at a Bonavita they are reasonably priced.

I would avoid thermal carafes as they are notoriously hard to clean the inevitable coffee oil buildup.