Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Breyer's Creamery Style Ice Cream 1.66L $2.88 & Heinz Seriously Good Mayo 675-800mL or Miracle Whip 890mL $1.97 each -ON

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 5th, 2020 3:08 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 9, 2013
1525 posts
1807 upvotes
Scarborough

[Walmart] Breyer's Creamery Style Ice Cream 1.66L $2.88 & Heinz Seriously Good Mayo 675-800mL or Miracle Whip 890mL $1.97 each -ON

Last edited by Strafe1 on Aug 2nd, 2020 2:20 am, edited 2 times in total.
45 replies
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2017
388 posts
964 upvotes
for those in Quebec, i succesfully price matched the 2$ offer at Maxi with all of their flavors through Walmart Online Order with the code Quebec60/montreal60 for 20$ off the order. Comes out to about 1.80$ per 1.66L
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
26893 posts
12394 upvotes
Ew. Breyers? At least it's the black box, but it's still awful ice cream.
Penalty Box
Dec 25, 2017
388 posts
964 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Ew. Breyers? At least it's the black box, but it's still awful ice cream.
Does it really make a difference in a milkshake? How much do you weigh that you have assessed the quality of all leading brands of icecream? What brand do you suggest big guy?
Jan 8, 2014
130 posts
19 upvotes
Brossard
nUseBro wrote: for those in Quebec, i succesfully price matched the 2$ offer at Maxi with all of their flavors through Walmart Online Order with the code Quebec60/montreal60 for 20$ off the order. Comes out to about 1.80$ per 1.66L
How do you price match online?
Nov 27, 2016
91 posts
26 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Ew. Breyers? At least it's the black box, but it's still awful ice cream.
Agreed, even their real ice cream tastes like crap now with all the gums and additives they've ruined it with.
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1500 posts
2760 upvotes
Markham
nUseBro wrote: Does it really make a difference in a milkshake? How much do you weigh that you have assessed the quality of all leading brands of icecream? What brand do you suggest big guy?
I don't eat ice cream a lot, but I've tried Haagen Daz (or however you spell that fake European name), Ben & Jerry, Movenpick, Kawartha (the big tubes that Costco sells) and Breyers "Creamery style". The Breyers were absolutely the worst... Their vanilla ice cream has no flavor except sweetness, and the texture is bad.

I can understand if they don't compare to the premium ice cream brands, but even Kawartha was miles better and it's cheaper too! And yes, it's very noticeable even in a milkshake or an affogato.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
17363 posts
4595 upvotes
Toronto
nUseBro wrote: Does it really make a difference in a milkshake? How much do you weigh that you have assessed the quality of all leading brands of icecream? What brand do you suggest big guy?
Wow ...

So anyways, to answer your question, Real Dairy is a good line ...
I also do not usually buy Breyers because of the taste.

Definitely an ice cream connoisseur over here lol
RedFlagDeals addict
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
1467 posts
644 upvotes
Edmonton
Yes it does.......quality over price. I havent touched Breyers for years. Even Save On's Western Foods ice cream is 10x times better
Nov 3, 2012
18 posts
12 upvotes
I’ll just leave this here

I haven’t bought Breyers ice cream in years no matter what flavor or style it is
May 15, 2017
137 posts
95 upvotes
Breyer's is awful.

They changed their formula years ago and if you leave a bowl out overnight, it doesn't melt (a weird clear goo emerges from the bottom).

Even if that doesn't bother people, the taste is still pretty off.

Kawartha is a significant upgrade over this crap.
Nov 29, 2011
803 posts
838 upvotes
Dave510 wrote: I don't eat ice cream a lot, but I've tried Haagen Daz (or however you spell that fake European name), Ben & Jerry, Movenpick, Kawartha (the big tubes that Costco sells) and Breyers "Creamery style". The Breyers were absolutely the worst... Their vanilla ice cream has no flavor except sweetness, and the texture is bad.

I can understand if they don't compare to the premium ice cream brands, but even Kawartha was miles better and it's cheaper too! And yes, it's very noticeable even in a milkshake or an affogato.
so which ones were the best in your opinion?
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2008
1500 posts
2760 upvotes
Markham
gotglint wrote: so which ones were the best in your opinion?
Ben & Jerry doesn't really count since they only have their own flavors, and none of the staples like Vanilla or plain ol chocolate (I guess chocolate therapy counts but I have trouble finding it). I think I prefer Haagen Daz slightly over Movenpick but wouldn't mind either. Trying to go a bit more healthy these days though so in terms of which I buy the most, it's probably Kawartha.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 11, 2004
9343 posts
2086 upvotes
Montreal, QC
I once made the mistake of buying the blue box, omg god awful, threw it in the bin and it didn't even melt lol