Scarborough

[Walmart] [ON] Breyers Creamery Style Natural Vanilla Ice Cream 1.66L for $3.33

Starting on Thursday. Save over 50%.
15 replies
Jan 1, 2018
291 posts
248 upvotes
Will it melt???
Ahh the feeling I get when I've saved some money...more money for the more important things!
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4218 posts
1621 upvotes
chardo wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 12:06 am
Will it melt???
1.66L compared to Hagen Daz and amazing reviews too. What are the top flavors for this line?
Jun 5, 2010
410 posts
300 upvotes
Ottawa
I buy this when it is below $5, sometimes $4 - at Independent. $3.33 is a very good price.
If you have not tried it, I suggest the Neapolitan which has more than 500 ml of each strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. The strawberry is almost as good as HD, and then you get the very good chocolate and vanilla as a free bonus, compared to HD.
The natural vanilla used to taste incredible when it was first introduced, now it tastes really good. The ingredients have changed over time, as has the name - used to be "Creamery" now it is "Creamery Style" and contains cream AND modified milk ingredients. Brought to you by Unilever.
A as in aisle, aye, are, ate
Nov 12, 2018
7 posts
1 upvote
This is a good news especially for me. I can save few bucks to get this deal.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4218 posts
1621 upvotes
baldrick_ca wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 9:24 am
I buy this when it is below $5, sometimes $4 - at Independent. $3.33 is a very good price.
If you have not tried it, I suggest the Neapolitan which has more than 500 ml of each strawberry, chocolate and vanilla. The strawberry is almost as good as HD, and then you get the very good chocolate and vanilla as a free bonus, compared to HD.
The natural vanilla used to taste incredible when it was first introduced, now it tastes really good. The ingredients have changed over time, as has the name - used to be "Creamery" now it is "Creamery Style" and contains cream AND modified milk ingredients. Brought to you by Unilever.
How's the French Vanilla, I guess against all the other flavors and against the Natural Vanilla they have
Jun 5, 2010
410 posts
300 upvotes
Ottawa
badOne wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 1:36 pm
How's the French Vanilla, I guess against all the other flavors and against the Natural Vanilla they have
Had it once, went back to the natural vanilla. The French is almost too creamy for me. It melts fast (for warm pie might as well use a custard)
A as in aisle, aye, are, ate
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2017
4218 posts
1621 upvotes
It's fairly air-y - I guess this is how they get 1.6L down to this price. I wish I had a food scale to figure out if Haagen Daz weighs the same as 1.6L of Breyers.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2503 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto
At RCSS there is a $1.00 off coupon available on the peg boards. I decided not to buy as Sobeys has the real Canadian ice cream Chapmans for $1.99 Thu and Sat only
Mar 21, 2019
31 posts
1 upvote
Toronto
GSD wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:18 pm
At RCSS there is a $1.00 off coupon available on the peg boards. I decided not to buy as Sobeys has the real Canadian ice cream Chapmans for $1.99 Thu and Sat only
r u saying this is not real ice cream?
Mar 28, 2010
774 posts
241 upvotes
Vancouver
peekabo wrote:
Apr 18th, 2019 8:29 pm
r u saying this is not real ice cream?
I think most of Breyer's stuff are labelled as frozen dessert. They do not contain enough cream/milk to qualify as ice cream.
Deal Addict
Aug 24, 2005
1200 posts
270 upvotes
Ingredients as taken from Breyers' website.

FRESH CREAM, MODIFIED MILK INGREDIENTS, SUGAR, CONDENSED SKIM MILK AND/OR SKIM MILK POWDER, DARK CHERRIES, GLUCOSE, NATURAL VANILLA FLAVOUR, MONO AND DIGLYCERIDES, VEGETABLE GUMS (GUAR, CAROB BEAN), CITRIC ACID, NATURAL COLOUR, NATURAL FLAVOUR.

Haagen Daz's Ingredients: cream, skim milk, cane sugar, egg yolks, vanilla extract. Contains: milk and egg ingredients.

Haven't bought any Breyers since Unilever bought them out.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5423 posts
1603 upvotes
Space
Chapman’s 2L for 2$ @ sobeys. Support Canadian. Sobeys also has the “premium” flavours like cherry. Thumbs Up Sign
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
2503 posts
447 upvotes
Toronto
Chapmans ingredients look similar but you get the full 2 litres not 1.66 litres and made in Ontario!

Ingredients: Cream, modified milk ingredients, sugar, glucose, mono and diglycerides, locust bean gum, cellulose gum, guar gum, carrageenan, dextrose, natural flavour.