Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Brita® Value Pack Slim Water Filter Pitcher with Filter Plus 3 Pack Filters $10

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 18th, 2019 11:55 pm
[OP]
Nov 10, 2004
792 posts
318 upvotes
Chatham

[Walmart] Brita® Value Pack Slim Water Filter Pitcher with Filter Plus 3 Pack Filters $10

Brita 5 cup pitcher for $10. Comes with 4 filters.

Your text to link here...
18 replies
Mar 7, 2011
593 posts
404 upvotes
Is there a way to avoid the $5 handling fee?
Jun 10, 2017
363 posts
511 upvotes
This is hot! Even at 4 filters for $10 alone is worth the money. If you have coupons for Walmart, now is the time to use it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7153 posts
1720 upvotes
Thanks! Bought 3 to get free shipping and will return the Costco ones I bought last month.
Nov 12, 2016
52 posts
11 upvotes
This product is so crap -- If you want to see black particles in your water after using the filter daily for 3-4 weeks then buy it. I replaced the filters and bought the 5 pack from Walmart and it was the same nonsense. Please don't buy it and get a proper water filtration system so you can save money over this cheap filter.
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2007
1552 posts
140 upvotes
bookie6ix wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 9:36 pm
This product is so crap -- If you want to see black particles in your water after using the filter daily for 3-4 weeks then buy it. I replaced the filters and bought the 5 pack from Walmart and it was the same nonsense. Please don't buy it and get a proper water filtration system so you can save money over this cheap filter.
You are not doing it right then, I've never had any issues with this, you most likely forgot the one important step, you have to SOAK the filter in a cup of water FIRST, I usually do it for good 10 minutes, then shake it a bit, then soak it for another 10 minutes BEFORE using it.

EDIT: OOS now
Last edited by Krakilin0405 on Mar 17th, 2019 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 12, 2016
52 posts
11 upvotes
Krakilin0405 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 9:39 pm
You are not doing it right then, I've never had any issues with this, you most likely forgot the one important step, you have to SOAK the filter in a cup of water FIRST, I usually do it for good 10 minutes, then shake it a bit, then soak it for another 10 minutes BEFORE using it.
OK ill try that one more time and if it doesn't work ill come back to this post and let you know.... but regardless you know what I mean a proper filtration is much better than something like this but to each their own. I could work with this too if the gf didnt bust my balls because of it...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 3, 2006
8207 posts
3337 upvotes
Markham
Krakilin0405 wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 9:39 pm
On top of that they already state in the instructions that the first 2 filters will look dusty, and tells you to use the water for plants.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4240 posts
954 upvotes
Kitchener
The carbon dust s non-toxic, no? Are these available in stores?
Edit: Doesn't seem like it.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Deal Addict
Aug 25, 2005
1309 posts
247 upvotes
Kitchener
It says to rinse the filters for 15 seconds under running water before inserting them [not sure where the other people are reading those instructions?!]. I do 30seconds and even the first batch of water is ok. Had some carbon dust one time, so now I enure to rinse the filters under some running water before using them. No issues since.
Dec 19, 2018
43 posts
53 upvotes
SomeGuyGG wrote:
Mar 17th, 2019 10:15 pm
It says to rinse the filters for 15 seconds under running water before inserting them [not sure where the other people are reading those instructions?!]. I do 30seconds and even the first batch of water is ok. Had some carbon dust one time, so now I enure to rinse the filters under some running water before using them. No issues since.
Probably from old timer people including me. The old school instruction on packages from 10-15 years ago said to submerge the filter in a cup of water for 10-15 mins before installing it into the jug, then use the first jug of water for non-drinking purpose like watering plants if concern about the carbon particles. The new instruction now says to rinse the filter for 15 seconds under running tap water.
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2007
2726 posts
622 upvotes
I've had no issues with black particles getting into the water, just rinse the filter like the instructions say