Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Buy Nintendo Switch OLED with your Walmart Mastercard receive $100 bonus Reward Dollars

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2022 12:25 am
Jun 9, 2018
73 posts
132 upvotes

[Walmart] Buy Nintendo Switch OLED with your Walmart Mastercard receive $100 bonus Reward Dollars

Just got an email from Walmart with this promotion.

You can get more with Shoppers 20x event but Walmart cashback is worth more than sdm imo.
Images
  • 292A0EA6-DDFF-40FD-8AA7-E5250B3A3863.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Nov 10th, 2022 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
30 replies
Deal Fanatic
Dec 26, 2014
8678 posts
10295 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
PC points work at other Loblaws-branded chains though...like unless you don't shop at any Loblaws-branded chain at all, I don't think it's possible for this to be considered a better deal, especially since the only way to get it is to actually HAVE the Walmart MC, whereas at least with getting 20x from SDM you only need to be a regular PCO member.
Aug 14, 2010
735 posts
1340 upvotes
Ottawa
Who on here actually has the Walmart Mastercard though?
He/Him
Public Mobile: $45/20GB
Trans Women are Women
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2013
1390 posts
3640 upvotes
sdg wrote: Who on here actually has the Walmart Mastercard though?
Me. 3% cashback on walmart.ca purchases (with world mastercard), which includes grocery orders for delivery/pickup. It's a no brainer.
Jul 24, 2020
338 posts
331 upvotes
Just got an email of an exclusive $100 bonus reward offer with purchase of Nintendo Switch OLED at Walmart.ca or any Walmart store in Canada., valid from Nov 10 - Nov16. This is an exclusive offer for Walmart reward Mastercard member.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2019
1554 posts
2677 upvotes
Really should put exclusive offer from Walmart reward mastercard users
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
sdg wrote: Who on here actually has the Walmart Mastercard though?
Unfortunately I do. It was much better when Walmart used to Price Match, but now it kinda sucks.

Also, even if you don’t redeem the points at SDM, you would net 134,000 pts, which is worth $134 @ RCSS
Last edited by henrik112 on Nov 10th, 2022 8:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
26683 posts
15290 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: Me. 3% cashback on walmart.ca purchases (with world mastercard), which includes grocery orders for delivery/pickup. It's a no brainer.
You could duplicate (or beat) those rewards by picking up Walmart gift cards ahead of time. Example - Petro Canada.
RedFlagDeals Addict
Wash your car at Petro-Canada? Think again! Car damaged and nobody cares
Esso Price Privileges Card, 25% Off - save some money on gas
Deal Guru
Jan 8, 2006
11295 posts
6295 upvotes
Ontario
DanielO46409 wrote:
You can get more with Shoppers 20x event but Walmart cashback is worth more than sdm imo.
"IMO" is the key here, since objectively SDM points are worth more than Walmart credit, as they can be used during bonus redemption days.

Ex. Redeem $100 for $140, etc.

Or better yet, Black Friday bonus redemption:

Redeem $250 for $400
Apr 23, 2021
12 posts
19 upvotes
Victoria
I have a Walmart MC but I'll be waiting for switch Gen 2 (whenever that comes)
Jul 31, 2019
32 posts
50 upvotes
As an owner of the OLED it is 100% worth it compared to the other Switch versions if you think you’ll be playing handheld at least 50% of the time. $100 can be used towards a pro controller and maybe a game on sale or Nintendo GC
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
Sanjithechef wrote: As an owner of the OLED it is 100% worth it compared to the other Switch versions if you think you’ll be playing handheld at least 50% of the time. $100 can be used towards a pro controller and maybe a game on sale or Nintendo GC
Big IF. It’s not an upgrade for docked users, which is desperately needed
Aug 14, 2010
735 posts
1340 upvotes
Ottawa
Sanjithechef wrote: As an owner of the OLED it is 100% worth it compared to the other Switch versions if you think you’ll be playing handheld at least 50% of the time. $100 can be used towards a pro controller and maybe a game on sale or Nintendo GC
I have the OG Switch and bought a Switch Lite since I play almost exclusively in handheld mode.

The OG Switch is way too heavy.

The OLED would be too big also for me.

Love the screen though.
He/Him
Public Mobile: $45/20GB
Trans Women are Women
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: Big IF. It’s not an upgrade for docked users, which is desperately needed
There is a certain really loud crowd who wants this, however they are a very small minority. Remember the general public is ok watching cam rips of movies on kodi. The audience who really wants a high fidelity console for tv gaming is going to always pick a ps5/series console over a hybrid.

What people who don’t own a switch would really love is a price cut. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a switch with slightly better performance eventually, like a “new” switch.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2003
6103 posts
6790 upvotes
Caledonia, ON
Kevcorm wrote: There is a certain really loud crowd who wants this, however they are a very small minority. Remember the general public is ok watching cam rips of movies on kodi. The audience who really wants a high fidelity console for tv gaming is going to always pick a ps5/series console over a hybrid.

What people who don’t own a switch would really love is a price cut. I also wouldn’t be surprised if we saw a switch with slightly better performance eventually, like a “new” switch.

This. Our PS5 and Series X is hooked up to the 77" OLED and the switch is on the living room tv for my wife and daughter to play Animal Crossing. I briefly had it hooked up to the OLED and it didn't look very good anyways.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
Kevcorm wrote: There is a certain really loud crowd who wants this, however they are a very small minority. Remember the general public is ok watching cam rips of movies on kodi. The audience who really wants a high fidelity console for tv gaming is going to always pick a ps5/series console over a hybrid.

You’re underestimating a “very small minority”. Many people have complained about the Switch’s lack of power. If anything, it’s this so called “majority” who’s screwing things up for both power users and users who want cheaper hardware because they buy this overpriced OLED model. If this model failed at selling then Nintendo would’ve realized that the price jump for 0 internal upgrade was a fail move, but unfortunately that isn’t the case.

Also, as much as I like my PS5, I can’t play Pokémon or Mario games on it, which would actually look good on TV if they were available on that console vs being stuck on the Switch. Also, it’s not that I hate the Switch because it’s my favourite console, it’s just Nintendo’s complacency that pisses me off
Last edited by henrik112 on Nov 13th, 2022 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: You’re underestimating a “very small minority”. Many people have complained about the Switch’s lack of power. If anything, it’s this so called “majority” who’s screwing things up for both power users and users who want cheaper hardware because they buy this overpriced OLED model. If this model failed at selling then Nintendo would’ve realized that the price jump for 0 internal upgrade was a fail move, but unfortunately that isn’t the case.

Also, as much as I like my PS5, I can’t play Pokémon or Mario games on it
I don’t get why people like you are so privileged that you think Nintendo selling their hardware for a slight profit is “overpriced”. A 7 inch oled screen, joycons, a dock, the internal storage and the soc inside all have a price. They could change the soc and get more performance for a similar price, but moving to a different soc has to be timed correctly and done with care… especially if they want compatibility.
Last edited by Kevcorm on Nov 13th, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 20, 2012
3454 posts
3971 upvotes
Surrey
Kevcorm wrote: I don’t get why people like you are so privileged that you think Nintendo selling their hardware for a slight profit is “overpriced”.
Because the internals are freakin 6+ years old tech. The fact that the OG switch hasn’t gone down in price is ridiculous tbh, and the OLED should be the same price as what the non-oled Switch currently is. Oh well, not like Nintendo will actually give a crap because there are people who continually defend them for their anti consumer friendly decisions. Also, don’t claim that I’m privileged, I’m not saying crap to you
Last edited by henrik112 on Nov 13th, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Jul 31, 2020
3297 posts
3195 upvotes
henrik112 wrote: Because the internals are freakin 6+ years old tech. The fact that the OG switch hasn’t gone down in price is ridiculous tbh, and the OLED should be the same price as what the non-oled Switch currently is. Oh well, not like Nintendo will actually give a crap with people who continually defend them for their anti consumer friendly decisions
I don’t think you understand how costs work. Especially with the high amounts of inflation going on at the same time. To get more performance they would need to change the soc, and nothing in the switch has gotten cheaper to make except oled screens (which is why it wasn’t even an option before).