Dyson Ball Animal 2 - Clearance - $449 - walmart.ca

Deal Link:
Price:
$449
Savings:
25%
Retailer:
Walmart.ca
I was going to wait to see the price of this on Black Friday deals but this just popped up...

Also the Big Ball canister vac for the same discount.
https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dyson-big- ... 0196079136
Thread Summary
https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=88560901056

Could be lower price at some Walmart locations.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2851 posts
3668 upvotes
Calgary
Maybe it’s just me, but after using a cordless Dyson, I find it hard to go back to these heavy corded units. The only reason I still have my old corded Dyson is to keep it as a backup.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4972 posts
4122 upvotes
Edmonton
ZipSpeed wrote: Maybe it’s just me, but after using a cordless Dyson, I find it hard to go back to these heavy corded units. The only reason I still have my old corded Dyson is to keep it as a backup.
My central vac hasn't been used since I bought a Dyson V8 3 months ago.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19970 posts
7453 upvotes
Toronto
ZipSpeed wrote: Maybe it’s just me, but after using a cordless Dyson, I find it hard to go back to these heavy corded units. The only reason I still have my old corded Dyson is to keep it as a backup.
I'm concerned that those batteries will die before the death of the vacuum. Thoughts?
RedFlagDeals Addict
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2016
2980 posts
3332 upvotes
DaVibe wrote: I'm concerned that those batteries will die before the death of the vacuum. Thoughts?
they usually have a warranty but i bought a dyson cordless 3 years ago refurbished never looked back. i have a small vacuum on 3 floors of the house and this is the only one that gets used.
Deal Addict
Nov 13, 2007
2851 posts
3668 upvotes
Calgary
DaVibe wrote: I'm concerned that those batteries will die before the death of the vacuum. Thoughts?
Batteries are user replaceable but are not cheap. Take care of the battery and they should last a long time. Don’t leave it plugged in all the time.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5550 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
fatestkid wrote: My central vac hasn't been used since I bought a Dyson V8 3 months ago.
how many minutes does the battery last?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 27, 2014
5398 posts
2362 upvotes
Any deals on cordless? Someone please post.
Jan 9, 2014
860 posts
498 upvotes
Toronto
ZipSpeed wrote: Batteries are user replaceable but are not cheap. Take care of the battery and they should last a long time. Don’t leave it plugged in all the time.
with my V10 cordless wall mounted. Isn't it mean to be plugged in all the time?
Deal Addict
Feb 9, 2013
1850 posts
1602 upvotes
Ottawa
Pharmer wrote: with my V10 cordless wall mounted. Isn't it mean to be plugged in all the time?
Keeping any Li-ion batteries at 100% charge for long periods is detrimental to battery health.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
4972 posts
4122 upvotes
Edmonton
ez_86 wrote: how many minutes does the battery last?
I haven't measure but I think my V8 lasts around 23-25 minutes with the powered head. Enough to do one full floor with some battery left. I usually vacuum downstairs on Saturday, upstairs on Sunday.
Be a nice person and enjoy life

My feedback: Heatware Redflagdeals
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
690 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
These are not battery powered, it's corded. All the upright floor model are corded.

AS WELL, you can get pretty decent refurbished (but almost new), plus sometime ebay deal at dyson canada's ebay page.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1459 posts
1678 upvotes
VANCOUVER
fatestkid wrote:
My central vac hasn't been used since I bought a Dyson V8 3 months ago.

I used to use my Dyson handheld like this. First of all it was a pain in the ass since you had to empty the bin every few minutes. Then after couple of years the battery died. Replacement battery was like $150 which was half the price I paid for the whole thing so ended up buying a 3rd party battery from Amazon. The thing sucked. It barely held a charge and I could only use my vac for like 5 minutes. Plus I couldn't even use the turbo mode. Ended up sucking it up and buying the original battery from Dyson. It works fine now but I baby the battery and only use the Dyson for stairs and touch up spot cleaning as needed. I bought a Miele canister vacuum and never been happier. No more worrying about running out of power in the middle of a cleaning. No more worrying about emptying the bin. Much better cleaning job due to the more powerful suction.

Trust me, if you use your Dyson handheld as your main vacuum you will be in the same situation as me eventually.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 5, 2007
5550 posts
1640 upvotes
Toronto
goozy1 wrote: I used to use my Dyson handheld like this. First of all it was a pain in the ass since you had to empty the bin every few minutes. Then after couple of years the battery died. Replacement battery was like $150 which was half the price I paid for the whole thing so ended up buying a 3rd party battery from Amazon. The thing sucked. It barely held a charge and I could only use my vac for like 5 minutes. Plus I couldn't even use the turbo mode. Ended up sucking it up and buying the original battery from Dyson. It works fine now but I baby the battery and only use the Dyson for stairs and touch up spot cleaning as needed. I bought a Miele canister vacuum and never been happier. No more worrying about running out of power in the middle of a cleaning. No more worrying about emptying the bin. Much better cleaning job due to the more powerful suction.

Trust me, if you use your Dyson handheld as your main vacuum you will be in the same situation as me eventually.
Miele handheld better than dyson handheld?
Nov 24, 2018
651 posts
690 upvotes
Montreal, Quebec
goozy1 wrote: I used to use my Dyson handheld like this. First of all it was a pain in the ass since you had to empty the bin every few minutes. Then after couple of years the battery died. Replacement battery was like $150 which was half the price I paid for the whole thing so ended up buying a 3rd party battery from Amazon. The thing sucked. It barely held a charge and I could only use my vac for like 5 minutes. Plus I couldn't even use the turbo mode. Ended up sucking it up and buying the original battery from Dyson. It works fine now but I baby the battery and only use the Dyson for stairs and touch up spot cleaning as needed. I bought a Miele canister vacuum and never been happier. No more worrying about running out of power in the middle of a cleaning. No more worrying about emptying the bin. Much better cleaning job due to the more powerful suction.

The post was about a "corded" dyson, it will never run out of battery power.
===========
Zoomer 22.5$ unlimited calls/ text + Fido 5$ 4GB; Dual sim P30 Lite.
On Waitlist for QC coverage for Freedom mobile 99$/yr.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2011
1459 posts
1678 upvotes
VANCOUVER
BertL67369 wrote: The post was about a "corded" dyson, it will never run out of battery power.
Yeah I quoted the two guys who said their Dyson cordless vacs were better than hauling around a full canister vacuum
Deal Expert
Nov 16, 2004
19970 posts
7453 upvotes
Toronto
BertL67369 wrote: These are not battery powered, it's corded. All the upright floor model are corded.

AS WELL, you can get pretty decent refurbished (but almost new), plus sometime ebay deal at dyson canada's ebay page.
My comment was to the poster above me who was speaking about their preference for the cordless Dyson models. I've never bought one because I'm not sure if they will last the 20 years that my existing vacuum cleaners last.
RedFlagDeals Addict