Shopping Discussion

Walmart.ca - Free Shipping to Canada Post Locations Ended?

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 19th, 2019 1:08 pm
[OP]
Dec 4, 2017
226 posts
227 upvotes
Yonge Street

Walmart.ca - Free Shipping to Canada Post Locations Ended?

I used to be able to pick up my Walmart.ca orders at Canada Post in Shoppers Drug Mart for free.

The only pick up locations I now see are actual Walmart stores. No Canada Post locations any more.

Has something changed?
40 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5275 posts
2714 upvotes
Did your item
weigh less than 66 lbs
not exceed the maximum length of 78.7”
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
[OP]
Dec 4, 2017
226 posts
227 upvotes
Yonge Street
Red_Army wrote: Did your item
weigh less than 66 lbs
not exceed the maximum length of 78.7”
I run into this issue on all items.
Jul 14, 2009
432 posts
209 upvotes
Toronto
Running into the same problem here.

Maybe it has something to do with the on and off Canada Post strike???
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4680 posts
2997 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
I haven't tested, but it usually depends on the item(s) for me.

EDIT: Tested, I only see Walmart stores for pickup as well. Tried some random items separately. (lego, headlights, popcorn)
😱
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5275 posts
2714 upvotes
+1 for strike preparations
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
11505 posts
6347 upvotes
It's been that way for at least 2 months now.
Oct 10, 2016
211 posts
52 upvotes
Vancouver
Red_Army wrote: +1 for strike preparations
I thought it was because of the stupid groceries pick up program Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4158 posts
3097 upvotes
Ontario
A Young lady brought it to my attention in our town. A lot of people don't have a ton of money so this was an awesome option. Free shipping if Under $25. We don't even get free shipping if $50+ in our Town.

Anyways I confirmed it by testing it also tested in the Barrie area no luck.

Is their systems down or this because the possible strike or a change at Walmart? Hopefully one the first 2...

It only Shows Walmart locations now.

Thanks.
---
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4158 posts
3097 upvotes
Ontario
Okay I can confirm from their Facebook on someone else who asked the question that they suspended the service temp:

Hopefully they restore it after the strike / settlement.
---
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5275 posts
2714 upvotes
Repost
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4680 posts
2997 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Red_Army wrote: Repost
At least this thread has an answer from walmart.
😱
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2007
4158 posts
3097 upvotes
Ontario
Sorry my post got merged. Now you have to scroll a mile down for a simple answer. Way to go moderators...
---
Deal Fanatic
Oct 15, 2007
5275 posts
2714 upvotes
kanechart wrote: Sorry my post got merged. Now you have to scroll a mile down for a simple answer. Way to go moderators...
Wow, a whole 9 posts < mile
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8627 upvotes
GTHA
kanechart wrote: Sorry my post got merged. Now you have to scroll a mile down for a simple answer. Way to go moderators...
Add your "simple" answer to the thread summary.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2323 posts
660 upvotes
In Hiding
i sadly forgot not to order from Walmart this week for delivery. They split my order to Canpar and TForce for delivery. Canpar depot is mostly closed and don't even pick up their phone at Silverstar Blvd and I haven't a clue who TForce is. Both of the depots are further away from my home than Walmart, only Canada Post is closer. I think they're too embarrassed to say it's not worth their while shipping groceries because they're a "competitor" to Amazon, so are just deteriorating their service delivery so you go to Walmart to pick up.
Deal Addict
Dec 29, 2012
2323 posts
660 upvotes
In Hiding
TForce arrived fast with a small item and knocked on the door politely. Canpar dumped my box outside my door and of the 36 cans of soup I ordered, 14 were dented, so guess what - have to trek to Walmart anyway. May as well forget online ordering except that their store inventory is getting sadder daily.
Deal Addict
Aug 14, 2001
4680 posts
2997 upvotes
Yesva Scotia
Catnippy wrote: TForce arrived fast with a small item and knocked on the door politely. Canpar dumped my box outside my door and of the 36 cans of soup I ordered, 14 were dented, so guess what - have to trek to Walmart anyway. May as well forget online ordering except that their store inventory is getting sadder daily.
Just do a chat, and they'll likely refund the damaged ones.
😱
Nov 11, 2017
145 posts
129 upvotes
Wakkanai
So this could go on like forever?

Canada Post sucks!!! Angry Face

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)