Gold's Gym XR 6.1 Workout Bench $41.40

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2016 6:51 pm
13 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4266 posts
1641 upvotes
so PM at bestbuy to get it for about 37$ ...

didn't check the links but it should work if it's really the same
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1770 posts
1120 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
def47 wrote: so PM at bestbuy to get it for about 37$ ...

Interesting I didn't think of that. How do you go about Pming Bb online?
Deal Addict
Jun 10, 2011
4266 posts
1641 upvotes
brobinsoncc wrote:
def47 wrote: so PM at bestbuy to get it for about 37$ ...

Interesting I didn't think of that. How do you go about Pming Bb online?
order at full price online at BB.
don't close the confirmation window.. You'll need the order number... and call the phone number that you see on that screen.
Sep 8, 2007
11 posts
1 upvote
Edmonton
Weight limit on this thing is only 100lbs as an FYI, so would likely only be good for teenagers or people getting into weight lifting for the first time.
Nov 18, 2015
120 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Thanks for pointing out 100lbs weight limit haha.

You should be starting out at around your body weight for bench press so I suppose this is for children ages 10 and under or annerexic women.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 20, 2012
1770 posts
1120 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
Well the 100lb weight limit sucks. I really just ordered it for dumbbell work outs, so that should affect that too much? Just the bench press correct?
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
3811 posts
1452 upvotes
Canada
brobinsoncc wrote: Well the 100lb weight limit sucks. I really just ordered it for dumbbell work outs, so that should affect that too much? Just the bench press correct?
dumbell should be fine. 100lbs is prolly for the frame and not for how much the bench can hold.

I was looking for a bench to utilize those 60lbs dbs for my chest flys....thanks op
Jan 28, 2014
648 posts
273 upvotes
I own the 10.1 from Amazon. Works really well and has a leg machine too

I'm a pretty big guy and it feels stable when I use it.

Wife and I cancelled our gym membership so it paid for itself in a month.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2006
5100 posts
372 upvotes
Toronto
I had this in my apartment when I was too lazy to go to the gym; its a terrible bench but you are not going to get anything close to it for the price. The biggest downfalls are the posts are too close together (you either need to grip really close or really wide), the bench becomes unstable with only 165lb of weight (I weight 140lb so ~305lb total on the bench) on a 5' standard bar, and the posts can be knocked out when you try to re-rack the bar (a legit safety concern, they use a terrible design for putting them in).

If you don't have a gym membership and are serious about bench pressing, I would probably skip this. If you just need a seating surface to do other exercises, it works pretty decent for that.