PC & Video Games

Walmart.ca Marvel's Avengers PS4 E3 2019 preorder beta code?

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 8th, 2020 7:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2038 posts
1485 upvotes
Fredericton

Walmart.ca Marvel's Avengers PS4 E3 2019 preorder beta code?

Has anyone else here who preordered Marvel's Avengers on PS4 from Walmart.ca during last year's E3 promo get emailed their code and/or instructions for the beta on the 7th? I'm still waiting on mine, so I went to check the status of my order.

The SKU/product listing for the preorder isn't a clickable link anymore, and they've since updated the listing to be this, which isn't technically the item I preordered. I'm wondering if I'm not being flagged as someone who has preordered it since the link isn't working for the game.

I'm sent a DM to Walmart on Twitter hoping to get a response.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
16 replies
May 3, 2011
221 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
Same deal here. Got a bestbuy code, but have a second order at walmart and haven't received anything.
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16565 posts
2283 upvotes
Nothing from Wally Mart, I hope they don't cancel the pre-order like they did with Marvel Ultimate Alliance for Switch.
Feb 11, 2009
545 posts
136 upvotes
Ditto nothing from walmart here.. pls update if anyone hears back.
Sep 12, 2012
818 posts
679 upvotes
Toronto
Not sure if this still works (did this with past Call of Duty beta) but I would pre-order from amazon get the code right away and then just cancel my pre-order. You don't get charged until the game ships.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2038 posts
1485 upvotes
Fredericton
Gunz13 wrote: Not sure if this still works (did this with past Call of Duty beta) but I would pre-order from amazon get the code right away and then just cancel my pre-order. You don't get charged until the game ships.
Interesting bit from Amazon.ca: "You will receive your exclusive access code on August 7th when the BETA opens."

Maybe Walmart is doing the same thing, without explictly telling us.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16565 posts
2283 upvotes
Beta key from Walmart just arrived 1 minute ago ... PS4 beta date starts on August 7th, probably why they waited till the last minute to send out.

It was pretty hard to find information about the meta schedule... probably why so many of us were confused.
[OP]
Deal Addict
May 7, 2007
2038 posts
1485 upvotes
Fredericton
coolspot wrote: Beta key from Walmart just arrived 1 minute ago ... PS4 beta date starts on August 7th, probably why they waited till the last minute to send out.

It was pretty hard to find information about the meta schedule... probably why so many of us were confused.
Same.
Koodo - $39/10GB
Koodo - $70 Huawei P20
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2009
1827 posts
503 upvotes
Mississauga
Patiently waiting for my beta code from Amazon :)
Deal Fanatic
Feb 11, 2007
8539 posts
2935 upvotes
Pre-ordered from Best Buy and received a preview code.

This is being made by Crystal Dynamics (the makers of Tomb Raider reboot and Rise of the Tomb Raider)
but early impressions from Ars Technica are negative:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/08/ ... this-aint/

The combat in the Avengers gameplay trailer above looks janky.
Maybe Square Enix should have done the game themselves, borrowing the combat system from FF7 Remake.

I think it is also a letdown that the Avengers do not have the likeliness of the actors from the Avengers' movies.
Perhaps the developers might have thought it would be too expensive to use those celebrity faces instead of these artist-rendered ones.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2006
5177 posts
427 upvotes
XFactor11 wrote: Pre-ordered from Best Buy and received a preview code.

This is being made by Crystal Dynamics (the makers of Tomb Raider reboot and Rise of the Tomb Raider)
but early impressions from Ars Technica are negative:

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2020/08/ ... this-aint/

The combat in the Avengers gameplay trailer above looks janky.
Maybe Square Enix should have done the game themselves, borrowing the combat system from FF7 Remake.

I think it is also a letdown that the Avengers do not have the likeliness of the actors from the Avengers' movies.
Perhaps the developers might have thought it would be too expensive to use those celebrity faces instead of these artist-rendered ones.
I haven’t read the ars article yet but I played it for about an hour and it’s just trash for a 2020 game. I’m canceling my pre order. I can’t get past the dialogue and the graphics. Controls are bad but that dialogue, works in the movies not in the game.
C:\RFD>ih8lowballers.bat_
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2009
2397 posts
2517 upvotes
GTA
XFactor11 wrote: I think it is also a letdown that the Avengers do not have the likeliness of the actors from the Avengers' movies.
That was my initial reaction when this got announced, how weird the characters look. Tony Stark looks like a Community-theater version of RDJ Face With Tears Of Joy
That's the irony with the game, no one gave a crap about the Avengers before the MCU made people care. This game is trying to benefit from that, but didn't pay the big bucks for the MCU likenesses. Yet the Avengers came from the pages of comics, where they can look wildly different storyline to storyline, depending on the artist.
The movies have given us a preconceived notion of what they should look like, or else it feels wrong.
c'mon get happy!
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16565 posts
2283 upvotes
My Marvel Avenger's order just got cancelled ... anyone else see that as well?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2005
3842 posts
1047 upvotes
Played it yesterday and I am having fun so far. I am still getting used to not seeing their MCU counterparts in the role. So far I am about 3-4 hours in and it’s fun playing as the different Avengers.

The game’s main protagonist so far is Kamala Khan and I had a lot of fun playing as her as I hated her on Marvel War of Heroes on mobile. Smashing as Hulk is just exhilarating. My kids were watching and jumping around pretending to smash things too.

The story is decent so far. It’s fun but it didn’t immediately hook me out of the box like Ghosts of Tsushima.