Mar 22, 2005
11916 posts
4682 upvotes
I thought $99 was regular price?
Oct 15, 2012
119 posts
105 upvotes
CALGARY
kool1 wrote: I thought $99 was regular price?
Nope, the $109.99 at BB is the usual price point. Considering how hard it is to find a 3DS right now it's a pretty good deal, if you don't value the 3D feature.
Jul 26, 2016
60 posts
27 upvotes
if 80 for 3ds which I can redeem my points in SDM, I will consider
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2013
20966 posts
10482 upvotes
Oakville
zolzar wrote: Nope, the $109.99 at BB is the usual price point. Considering how hard it is to find a 3DS right now it's a pretty good deal, if you don't value the 3D feature.
Yup, and at least from the photo this looks like the older package, that comes with pre-11.0 firmware. - I was wrong, I had the colours mixed up. It's black-front/coloured back that comes with pre-11.0 firmware.

Crimson red is also in stock and on sale: http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/nintendo-2d ... hrelevance
Last edited by wearysky on Jan 20th, 2017 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2004
1019 posts
132 upvotes
Toronto
Do you guys find the screen to small? Having a hard time getting use to it.
Sep 20, 2014
132 posts
97 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Thanks Op, picked this up, seems will come with pre-11.0 firmware, great for running emulator
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2009
3189 posts
1444 upvotes
Lethbridge
Man still holding out for another <$80 "sale" again like last fall when The Source had them. $100 isn't bad, but it's certainly not hot.
Nov 27, 2014
285 posts
62 upvotes
North York, ON
Source has it for $109.99, sign up for email offer of $25.
Brings it down to $85.
Aug 1, 2013
491 posts
587 upvotes
The Lower Mainland
neilcutter wrote: Source has it for $109.99, sign up for email offer of $25.
Brings it down to $85.
You rock. Picked one up!
Dec 2, 2016
399 posts
509 upvotes
Just wanted to add my two cents, I have a 2ds since launch and I really like the form and handling of it. I've also had a 3ds since launch, and the 3d feature is not missed. They are well made and solid feeling. If it's for a child, the lack of a hinge is a plus as that's generally the first thing to break.
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2004
1561 posts
152 upvotes
ButtermanJr wrote: Just wanted to add my two cents, I have a 2ds since launch and I really like the form and handling of it. I've also had a 3ds since launch, and the 3d feature is not missed. They are well made and solid feeling. If it's for a child, the lack of a hinge is a plus as that's generally the first thing to break.
Whats the performance like? I've read that the New 3DS models fixed some perf issues with the original 3DS, does the 2DS suffer from them also?
Nov 23, 2016
67 posts
33 upvotes
rahari wrote: Thanks Op, picked this up, seems will come with pre-11.0 firmware, great for running emulator
This is on 11. I bought one awhile back.

Really happy with the machine. Very comfortable to use.

It also works as a great portable retro device. You can play almost all Gameboy / Gameboy Color with the homebrew GameYob emulator. Snes9x works pretty good with 75% of the Super Nintendo library. The other emulators I've tried weren't very good. There's also quite a few virtual console games in the shop that work even better, but 2ds doesn't support the SNES titles. Playing through Mario Picross right now - 10 hours of fun puzzles for 4$.
Feb 2, 2013
452 posts
435 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
luthair wrote: Whats the performance like? I've read that the New 3DS models fixed some perf issues with the original 3DS, does the 2DS suffer from them also?
The main fix with the New 3DS is the head tracking for the 3D mode, which is *much* better than the old 3DS. Not an issue for the 2DS though, obviously. New 3DS also has a slight bump in processing power too, which makes some older games load up a little bit faster, and has also made a couple of games (Majora's Mask and Xenogears) exclusive to the New 3DS.
I'd say if you don't care about the 3D, or those two exclusive games, you won't see much of a difference at all.
Dec 2, 2016
399 posts
509 upvotes
I've not noticed any performance issues with either. New 3DS might be a hair faster when playing standard games, but it's main benefit is that it has an NFC reader and can play the "New 3DS only" games, of which there are not many. (And likely will not be any more as they have announced the end of support for the 3DS line altogether.) *edited for wrongness ^_^
Last edited by ButtermanJr on Jan 22nd, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Mar 22, 2005
11916 posts
4682 upvotes
zolzar wrote: Considering how hard it is to find a 3DS right now it's a pretty good deal, if you don't value the 3D feature.
I think there will be some new cheaper 3DS models coming - following up on the $139 Christmas/Black Friday deal.

It is odd how few 3DS' are around right now..
Nov 20, 2016
296 posts
353 upvotes
Victoria BC
ButtermanJr wrote: (And likely will not be any more as they have announced the end of support for the 3DS line altogether.)
When did this happen? Do you have a link?

Here's the last thing I heard about it:
3DS has a long life in front of it. We’ve already announced games that will be launching in the first couple quarters of this year. There are a number of big games coming. And in our view, the Nintendo 3DS and the Nintendo Switch are going to live side-by-side.
Feb 2, 2013
452 posts
435 upvotes
Salmon Arm, BC
ButtermanJr wrote: (And likely will not be any more as they have announced the end of support for the 3DS line altogether.)
Nintendo has never announced this.
kool1 wrote: It is odd how few 3DS' are around right now..
Even though Nintendo has said that 3DS will go side-by-side with the Nintendo Switch, they said the same thing for Game Boy Advance and DS. Hardware and software production certainly has slowed to make way for the new console. If you're buying a 3ds or 2ds now, it's to enjoy the many amazing games made in the past. Not for the very few games coming in the future.
Dec 2, 2016
399 posts
509 upvotes
(And likely will not be any more as they have announced the end of support for the 3DS line altogether.)
You know, my son reads gaming news all day long, so when he told me this, I didn't question it. I googled it myself, and there's just rumors. So no, it's not discontinued. My bad.
They are likely testing the waters though and if switch takes hold as a viable portable alternative, they may decide that there's no reason for them to have two competing consoles.
I hope they keep the 3DS going for a long time as I have no plans to pick up a switch until the price hits the sweet spot and comes with a game that I'm into.