Tags:
None
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5651 posts
3568 upvotes

Walmart.ca Ships with CANPAR?

I have never had a delivery from CANPAR in my life. Walmart.ca just shipped my order with CANPAR. Anyone have any experience, am I going to have problems with this company compared to FedEx, UPS etc? I am asking because if these guys suck, I won't make any orders until the Canada Post thing is resolved.
10 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13899 posts
8993 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
No need to panic. Your order will get to you.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Oct 3, 2015
739 posts
1473 upvotes
Toronto
Wow. Negative Nancy here. To quote John Lennon : "All we are saying, is give Canpar a chance".
Aug 18, 2011
931 posts
228 upvotes
Toronto
Eh who cares who delivers it as long as you get it. If CP doesn't want the job, the heck with them, give the smaller guys a chance
Deal Addict
Jun 9, 2006
1604 posts
94 upvotes
Toronto
In my experience Canpar home deliveries suck a few years ago, but to business they are OK, if that helps...

I don't remember why though lol. My email shows back in 2012, so it could have changed.

But I did find an old email saying this:
Please find below the details of a shipment to be delivered to you. If you will not be available for delivery, please click the link, sign the document and leave it attached to your door.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
7747 posts
2706 upvotes
ON
I've received several from them in the past to residential. No issues.
I'd rank them on par with puro, which for my neighborhood, is good.
IIRC one time I was home for delivery and other times I signed the release form if I wasn't going to be home.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Aug 3, 2014
5651 posts
3568 upvotes
Just received two packages. Not as convenient as Purolator, and UPS who just leave at the door, but better than FedEx who just wrote "Not On Directory" and did not deliver.
May 1, 2016
32 posts
5 upvotes
Quebec city
I have received a couples of shipments via canpar, and never had any problems. they never left my package on the floor, packages never broken and always in time.
Jul 4, 2015
793 posts
195 upvotes
Stouffville
Canpar ships items cheaper than anyone in Canada. But don't worry, it wont last long.

Walmart jumps from shipping company to shipping company. They do a "trial" deal where they pay next to nothing to ship parcels. Usually for 6 months to a year. So they might pay $1 per parcel to CANPAR. After a year, they'll leave & do the same thing with Canada Post.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2003
3018 posts
525 upvotes
Alberta
Walmart has been using Canpar for awhile, nothing to do with the CP strike.

They're fine. Good luck finding your "local" depot if you miss the delivery though - mine is a 60 minute drive (each way)!

I'm not in the boonies, the Purolator depot is about 4 minutes away

UPS >>> Canpar > Fedex >>>> Purolator in my experience.
Jun 30, 2020
1 posts
Canpar is the WORST. Now I check who will be delivering. I WILL NOT BUY FROM ANY STORE THAT USES CANPAR for deliveries.
Canpar is garbage, won't make a retry, doesn't give you a heads up, doesn't answer their customer service.

THANK GOD for UPS and others. never ever ever have a problem with UPS and FEDEX.

Put in a complaint to BBB