Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Camco 10' Ready to Use Sewer Kit for RVs / Trailers $16.97 [YMMV, Price Error]

  • Last Updated:
  • Aug 29th, 2019 10:52 am
[OP]
Member
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
419 upvotes
Cambridge

[Walmart] Camco 10' Ready to Use Sewer Kit for RVs / Trailers $16.97 [YMMV, Price Error]

I was looking for a good deal on an sewer kit with a translucent adapter, I know I am quite late in the game this season.

Anyway, I found it at Walmart for $16.97, a pretty sweet deal.
Even better, there was a store that actually had it in-stock. Unfortunately, when I got there, it turned out to be linked to a different product (CT link for reference.
)

As you can see, Walmart has two ads for the same product. One of them is just incorrectly linked to a different product.
FYI, Canadian Tire listing for this (different picture) is $44.99
I say YMMV because the first Canadian Tire wouldn't honour the cheaper $16.97 price, they would only match with $36.97 listing. They also said the model number (39554) was different (meh, it was the same product). They checked this on their own on a computer.

I went to a second Canadian Tire that didn't argue and was super easy about it. Also here, the model number was the same here as on the Walmart site.

TL;DR - Good deal, if Canadian Tire or elsewhere will price match.
Last edited by TomRFD on Aug 28th, 2019 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated title
14 replies
[OP]
Member
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
419 upvotes
Cambridge
ACanadianPerson wrote: Ordered three to get free shipping.
I presume you happen to be in one of the few places that doesn't have at least 5 Canadian Tire stores within driving distance?

Were you able to price match online?
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3730 posts
21560 upvotes
Milton store showing 1 at $8.50.
Newbie
Jul 8, 2019
35 posts
58 upvotes
stizarch wrote: I presume you happen to be in one of the few places that doesn't have at least 5 Canadian Tire stores within driving distance?

Were you able to price match online?
I was too lazy to drive to one of the 8 Canadian Tires here, and ordered online from Walmart. Hopefully it is the correct item delivered - and then I will have to go to Walmart and return the two extras I bought.

Cant make the time today, but didn't want to lose out on this deal.
[OP]
Member
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
419 upvotes
Cambridge
ACanadianPerson wrote: I was too lazy to drive to one of the 8 Canadian Tires here, and ordered online from Walmart. Hopefully it is the correct item delivered - and then I will have to go to Walmart and return the two extras I bought.

Cant make the time today, but didn't want to lose out on this deal.
Yup, I doubt you're getting the right item, hence the price match solution.
Newbie
Jul 8, 2019
35 posts
58 upvotes
stizarch wrote: Yup, I doubt you're getting the right item, hence the price match solution.
The "Deal" URL has 'Model #39554' listed. When you google Camco 39554 you get the model pictured. Maybe it will be correct?
However, you have almost convinced me to make time to stop by CA Tire and price match it...
[OP]
Member
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
419 upvotes
Cambridge
ACanadianPerson wrote:
The "Deal" URL has 'Model #39554' listed. When you google Camco 39554 you get the model pictured. Maybe it will be correct?
However, you have almost convinced me to make time to stop by CA Tire and price match it...
The issue is that Walmart has linked the model number to the wrong Walmart ID or product. That is my guess.

You're best bet is to price match at CT, or argue when you get the wrong product from Walmart.ca. The second option, however, will be the one that kills the deal for everyone since they'll fix it.
Jr. Member
Mar 14, 2019
163 posts
181 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
CT price matched for me as well.
[OP]
Member
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
419 upvotes
Cambridge
Dimebag wrote: CT price matched for me as well.
Does that get me an upvote? :P
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2018
668 posts
933 upvotes
Langley BC
Thanks. Ordered 3 as well for free shipping but I will keep all 3 if they get delivered. Yay lifetime supply of sewer hoses:)
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
[OP]
Member
Nov 12, 2017
316 posts
419 upvotes
Cambridge
DonM28020 wrote: Thanks. Ordered 3 as well for free shipping but I will keep all 3 if they get delivered. Yay lifetime supply of sewer hoses:)
How long do they usually last? Now I'm curious.
Sr. Member
Aug 24, 2018
668 posts
933 upvotes
Langley BC
I am still on my first one (a rhino flex brand) and I have had my trailer for 10 years....
Koodo $35 5 Gig deal (x2)
Penalty Box
User avatar
Jun 19, 2019
1039 posts
1285 upvotes
LOL@ Your Angry Inch…
Perfect Timing!

U still have to pay for goods/services U agreed to — even if U did so only unconsciously.
A Visa Canada survey of web shoppers, 1 in 4 said they read all the online text. 50% skimmed it & 27% Read Nothing at all before accepting a tainted offer.

Top