Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Camden Crib $299 ($120 off) / Dresser $399 ($150 off)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 29th, 2022 6:50 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2138 posts
505 upvotes
St. Johns

[Walmart] Camden Crib $299 ($120 off) / Dresser $399 ($150 off)

Pretty good deal on the Child Craft Camden Crib and matching dresser.

Camden Crib $299.97 ($120 off) which is fantastic compared to other retailers selling for $449+. Currently 4 colours available: White, Slate, Espresso, Cool Grey. Free shipping.

Child Craft Universal Dress $399.97 ($150 off) which is also a great deal. Other retailers selling for well over $550+. Only three colours available: White, Slate, Cool Grey. I believe there is a shipping fee but you can pick-up at a Walmart location for free.

I have purchased both of these items in the past for my first child and can say they look great and are decent quality.
8 replies
Nov 23, 2011
227 posts
214 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
Strange question…but did it emit any weird smells when you first bought it? I am having trouble finding new furniture these days that doesn’t smell of chemicals. I bought some kids furniture from Ashley that smells toxic after a month of airing it out.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
2138 posts
505 upvotes
St. Johns
Dealfinder12 wrote: Strange question…but did it emit any weird smells when you first bought it? I am having trouble finding new furniture these days that doesn’t smell of chemicals. I bought some kids furniture from Ashley that smells toxic after a month of airing it out.
I honestly don't remember but I'm guessing if there was any smell, it was faint or didn't last that long. Last time we purchased this set was in the fall of 2019 so my memory is a little foggy haha.
Nov 7, 2010
484 posts
404 upvotes
Guelph
Dealfinder12 wrote: Strange question…but did it emit any weird smells when you first bought it? I am having trouble finding new furniture these days that doesn’t smell of chemicals. I bought some kids furniture from Ashley that smells toxic after a month of airing it out.
Isn't just you. I bought a Storkcraft set from BBB and it still has a faint smell after 5-6 months. Luckily my baby is still in our room in his bassinet. The paint smell was so heavy at the beginning I cannot imagine letting him sleep in that room.
Chinese manufacturers are truly poisoning our children no wonder diseases are up for infants and children from the 70's and 80's. If there is a next time I will be looking for locally crafted furniture.
Mar 11, 2020
456 posts
181 upvotes
i got a davinci crib, being shipping from Us right now, wonder if i should cancel it and get this one instead. The davinci one apparently doesnt have weird paint smell
Nov 23, 2011
227 posts
214 upvotes
DOLLARD-DES-ORMEAUX
JumpWire wrote: Isn't just you. I bought a Storkcraft set from BBB and it still has a faint smell after 5-6 months. Luckily my baby is still in our room in his bassinet. The paint smell was so heavy at the beginning I cannot imagine letting him sleep in that room.
Chinese manufacturers are truly poisoning our children no wonder diseases are up for infants and children from the 70's and 80's. If there is a next time I will be looking for locally crafted furniture.
It’s crazy! Furniture prices have gone up and quality has gone down. I am kind of scared to use furniture from a mainstream store in the kids’ rooms because of the chemicals…I’m considering finding something local from a mennonite store.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2005
6868 posts
380 upvotes
Ottawa
Why not the plain Ikea sniglar crib?! Its just beech wood and even if your toddler bites the railings its fine. I don’t have to worry as much for toxic paint or smells cause its just plain wood. Also prices have gone up 40%, it used to be $99 for longest time then the massive price brought it to $129 and now $139.

https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/sniglar-cr ... -50248541/
Deal Addict
Oct 1, 2008
2356 posts
715 upvotes
Just a word of caution with this crib, my kid hit the center lip often. Although she didn't get hurt that decorative piece that served no purpose always bothered me.
Deal Addict
Dec 14, 2008
2709 posts
2616 upvotes
I second getting the ikea crib instead.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)