Shopping Discussion

Walmart cancelled grocery delivery order?

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 17th, 2020 12:46 pm
[OP]
Nov 24, 2010
9 posts
8 upvotes

Walmart cancelled grocery delivery order?

I was scheduled to receive a medium size delivery from Walmart today. It was for a grocery order I placed over a week ago. But at some point this morning, they cancelled my order.

I wasn't informed about the cancellation and no reason is listed. I only found out that it was cancelled when I checked online after the order was late. I spent over an hour on the phone trying to get in touch with someone, but their line kept dropping me every 15 minutes.

Does anyone have any idea why Walmart would cancel an order? Is this common now? If I reschedule the order and wait again, is it likely that they will cancel my order again at the last minute?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 15, 2006
15896 posts
13737 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Welcome to the Walmart online experience. They are a shit show during regular times and now LOL
May 28, 2019
3 posts
GTA
Same here mine was scheduled to deliver on April 11, 2020. Status changed to shipped and now I can see Return Created. Such a waste of time. Almost waited for 10 days and now this. It's really hard to get hold off anyone from Walmart.
Deal Expert
Jan 17, 2009
19086 posts
27499 upvotes
ONTARIO
Might need to try instacart instead
Apr 24, 2005
143 posts
21 upvotes
Did you find out what happened to your order? Were you able to reschedule or reach someone in CS?

I got a delivery on the same day (first slot) in Toronto, and I was happy with how everything went. They did show up almost at the end of the slot but the delivery guys seem to work at their own pace.
Jan 29, 2017
86 posts
54 upvotes
I've found it easier to get a hold of Walmart through their social media. I had an issue with not receiving items - but being charged for them - when I did a pick up and couldn't get through on their CS line. I did an FB post and was almost immediately contacted.