Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Walmart Cellphone Black Friday Deals

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2019 11:17 pm
Jan 9, 2012
365 posts
447 upvotes
Brampton
HP_John wrote: Koodo won't credit you back the $35 activation, it is charged on your first monthly bill. There are tons of posts where reps told people they could get it credited it back by calling into Koodo, but people are not successful. Its only waived if you order online on Koodos website. The $100 bill credit, you don't get taxes on it, its applied after tax, meaning its exactly $100, not $113. Same with the $200 gift card, it will deduct exactly $200 after taxes, not before. The correct price for Ont is $282, not $203. You need to pay 13% tax on the $480 tab charge, you do not get any tax bonus on the gift card or bill credit.

The total price paid for Ont is $282, which is still red hot for a S10.

Its actually $480 + $35 connection + tax (you need to pay taxes on the full tab charge, & the connection charge)
= $582 - $300 ($200 gift card & $100 bill credit)
= $282

Also, for most people, tab large plans cost more than tab medium plans. I don't know if you have some kind of retention plan, but for me, I'm paying $45/m for 6GB on a tab medium plan. I see tab large plans start at $75 (for 10GB, but 6GB is more than enough for me) for in market, not sure what their retention plans are for tab large. I doubt I could get a tab large plan for 6GB for $45/m even from retention, but that's just a guess.
Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly feel like the deal I got breaks all of Koodo's typical rules so hopefully the activation is credited. If not it's not the end of the world. $282 including tax for an S10 is still a really good deal.

Yeah I'm not technically supposed to get Tab Large on my $60/12gb plan. The plan eligibility usually starts at $75+. But I just asked if I could go on a Tab Large instead of Tab Medium and the WOW Mobile rep said I could so he set everything up.

Dunno if it would work on a $45 plan or a PM migration plan, but for everyone on the $60/10gb or $60/12gb its a good deal.
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Cerebros wrote: I have a hardware upgrade credit of 150. Can i go to walmart and get the s10 with the gift card and apply the hardware credit to it as well?
The HUP credit should be in your account already, so yes, you should be able to apply the credit if you upgraded at Walmart. Please note the credit may drop to $125 because you'd be upgrading in-store, not online.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8587 posts
5370 upvotes
KLegend wrote: Thanks for clearing that up. I honestly feel like the deal I got breaks all of Koodo's typical rules so hopefully the activation is credited. If not it's not the end of the world. $282 including tax for an S10 is still a really good deal.

Yeah I'm not technically supposed to get Tab Large on my $60/12gb plan. The plan eligibility usually starts at $75+. But I just asked if I could go on a Tab Large instead of Tab Medium and the WOW Mobile rep said I could so he set everything up.

Dunno if it would work on a $45 plan or a PM migration plan, but for everyone on the $60/10gb or $60/12gb its a good deal.
It appears for BF, indeed the $35 activation will be credited! I was wrong. In the past, many times reps told people to call in to get it waived but it would always be declined, however, for BF, it does indeed appear to be the case! So your deal is really hot!
Nov 13, 2016
424 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
HP_John wrote: Koodo won't credit you back the $35 activation, it is charged on your first monthly bill. There are tons of posts where reps told people they could get it credited it back by calling into Koodo, but people are not successful. Its only waived if you order online on Koodos website. The $100 bill credit, you don't get taxes on it, its applied after tax, meaning its exactly $100, not $113. Same with the $200 gift card, it will deduct exactly $200 after taxes, not before. The correct price for Ont is $282, not $203. You need to pay 13% tax on the $480 tab charge, you do not get any tax bonus on the gift card or bill credit.

The total price paid for Ont is $282, which is still red hot for a S10.

Its actually $480 + $35 connection + tax (you need to pay taxes on the full tab charge, & the connection charge)
= $582 - $300 ($200 gift card & $100 bill credit)
= $282

Also, for most people, tab large plans cost more than tab medium plans. I don't know if you have some kind of retention plan, but for me, I'm paying $45/m for 6GB on a tab medium plan. I see tab large plans start at $75 (for 10GB, but 6GB is more than enough for me) for in market, not sure what their retention plans are for tab large. I doubt I could get a tab large plan for 6GB for $45/m even from retention, but that's just a guess.
Correcting you regarding activation Fee.

All phones activated at retail stores during the black friday weekend with Koodo will have the activation fee reimbursed by Koodo. The fee will be charged on the first bill but will be credited back on 2nd or 3rd bill as a loyalty credit. Retailer need not apply special code - this is programmed for all activation / HUP done this BF weekend.

Source - 3 Koodo Supervisors as i spent literally 5 hours on phone with them to negotiate a deal. At the end got Samsung S10E for around 22$ (Tax included) after all costs and reimbursements (via Bill credit, HUP credit, Walmart GC etc). Also got 2GB Data addon added to my account for life. I am on PM Migration plan.

Yes koodo is not as lucrative as before - but with right negotiation, its still one of the best in the market.
Sharing is Caring ;) | Koodo | Amex | ATT | Fizz
Jul 10, 2019
149 posts
73 upvotes
Markham
What's the best BYOD plan for 4 or 5 GB?
Ask not the penguin how the falcon soars!
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
rfdjugaad wrote: Correcting you regarding activation Fee.

All phones activated at retail stores during the black friday weekend with Koodo will have the activation fee reimbursed by Koodo. The fee will be charged on the first bill but will be credited back on 2nd or 3rd bill as a loyalty credit. Retailer need not apply special code - this is programmed for all activation / HUP done this BF weekend.

Source - 3 Koodo Supervisors as i spent literally 5 hours on phone with them to negotiate a deal. At the end got Samsung S10E for around 22$ (Tax included) after all costs and reimbursements (via Bill credit, HUP credit, Walmart GC etc). Also got 2GB Data addon added to my account for life. I am on PM Migration plan.

Yes koodo is not as lucrative as before - but with right negotiation, its still one of the best in the market.
I got mine for ~ $28 tax included. But I could not get 2GB bonus data added. This is on PM migration $40/6GB. I can probably duplicate this on one of my other lines, or go for S10 which may have net cost of ~ $280. Not sure if the additional cost is justified for the S10.
Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2019
1240 posts
395 upvotes

How did you manage to negotiate that deal?

Deal Addict
Aug 7, 2019
1240 posts
395 upvotes
Have there been any updates to Walmart's offers today (Cyber Monday)
Sep 11, 2011
810 posts
1065 upvotes
Toronto
DrDoomsday wrote: Have there been any updates to Walmart's offers today (Cyber Monday)
Also wondering the same... unfortunately some stores start closing the mobile center soon!
Jul 30, 2016
752 posts
309 upvotes
BMW M3 CsL wrote: Opened a new line yesterday with the $10credit for 15months on a $45 plan $35 system fee waived with 2gb data and they threw in the following addons 2gb data and 1000long d to hk/uk, with a medium tab iPhone XR. Also they threw in a $25 Walmart gc.

I took it on a small tab, am I still eligible for those $0 for 1000 mins LD calls. I asked Walmart rep, she said I have to contact Koodo to get a change in the plan as I brought the phone and plan by that time. What to do now ? I ported my Public to koodo. Should I return it ? I don’t think they will do now I can’t able to reach koodo and Walmart now through phones...any suggestions
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
Leorio235 wrote: What's the best BYOD plan for 4 or 5 GB?
Zoomer $36 4GB (you can get a free phone on contract, but you don't have to. The price stays the same)
Jan 8, 2014
206 posts
26 upvotes
Brossard
Hu,

It's last min thing. I'm currently on BYOP Fido plan (No small, no med). If I want to go for the A70, what will my plan look like? I mean the details of getting A70 with small/med plan? any help is appreciated before heading to Walmart.

Thx

Thx
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2016
1821 posts
1999 upvotes
engineer4all wrote: Hu,

It's last min thing. I'm currently on BYOP Fido plan (No small, no med). If I want to go for the A70, what will my plan look like? I mean the details of getting A70 with small/med plan? any help is appreciated before heading to Walmart.

Thx

Thx
not sure if they still have it or will match bestbuy. But the offer you could get is 250 dollar gift card with the 10 dollar off 15 months on a medium tab. That will get you a $45 for 2gb plan which if you ask i'm sure they will add 2gb for 24months. so plus the tab you will be looking at 45+15=60+tax for 4gb a month. minus the 10 dollar credit for 15months. Maybe try fido loyalty or if you are keen on signing with koodo I will call in say that fido called you and are trying to get you to switch back can they give you a better offer than the in market offer before you go back with fido. Say the winback offer from fido is 50 dollars for 10gb see what they say lol
Jan 8, 2014
206 posts
26 upvotes
Brossard
Thx
MastaOogway wrote: not sure if they still have it or will match bestbuy. But the offer you could get is 250 dollar gift card with the 10 dollar off 15 months on a medium tab. That will get you a $45 for 2gb plan which if you ask i'm sure they will add 2gb for 24months. so plus the tab you will be looking at 45+15=60+tax for 4gb a month. minus the 10 dollar credit for 15months. Maybe try fido loyalty or if you are keen on signing with koodo I will call in say that fido called you and are trying to get you to switch back can they give you a better offer than the in market offer before you go back with fido. Say the winback offer from fido is 50 dollars for 10gb see what they say lol
Deal Expert
Feb 13, 2012
16158 posts
5680 upvotes
VANCOUVER
Are the Walmart and Wow gift card promos ending today? I just couldn't get away from the office...wanted to do another Koodo S10e deal, or maybe even a S10. Oh well, sometimes work gets in the way! Face With Tears Of Joy
Aug 2, 2003
42 posts
24 upvotes
Richmond Hill
iamagtaguy wrote: I took it on a small tab, am I still eligible for those $0 for 1000 mins LD calls. I asked Walmart rep, she said I have to contact Koodo to get a change in the plan as I brought the phone and plan by that time. What to do now ? I ported my Public to koodo. Should I return it ? I don’t think they will do now I can’t able to reach koodo and Walmart now through phones...any suggestions
Just phone koodo and ask if they can add the 1000ld and say you want to confirm Walmart rep added. I see a lot of people having that addon for free so it shouldn’t be hard to get. Also you can return the plan and phone as long as you meet their return policy ie. don’t talk more then 30mins etc...
Deal Fanatic
Jan 21, 2008
8587 posts
5370 upvotes

Yes in the post just above yours, I already admitted my mistake. In the past, many times local store reps just tell people to call in to get it waived but it ends up not happening. I was happy to be wrong this time : )
Nov 13, 2016
424 posts
462 upvotes
Montreal
HP_John wrote: Yes in the post just above yours, I already admitted my mistake. In the past, many times local store reps just tell people to call in to get it waived but it ends up not happening. I was happy to be wrong this time : )
Its all good :)

I hope the trend continues in upcoming seasons as well.
Sharing is Caring ;) | Koodo | Amex | ATT | Fizz

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)