Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Charmin Ultra Strong or Soft Toilet Paper 16=48 $10.97 on Rollback. Stock up before price increase!

• Last Updated:
  • May 13th, 2021 9:28 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario

[Walmart] Charmin Ultra Strong or Soft Toilet Paper 16=48 $10.97 on Rollback. Stock up before price increase!

Walmart has both Charmin Ultra Strong or Ultra Soft Toilet Paper 16=48 rolls for $10.97 on Rollback (reg $14.97). Pack contains 16 Rolls. 198 sheets per roll.

Stock up! Prices are likely going up:
Canada
USA

Available on-line or in-store:

Ultra Strong:
Walmart.ca
Stocktrack

Ultra Soft:
Walmart.ca
Stocktrack
Last edited by kiiaal on May 10th, 2021 5:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
41 replies
Jan 15, 2017
225 posts
185 upvotes
you want strong toilet paper get the Caboo bamboo stuff from Costco
Jul 22, 2006
372 posts
505 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Walmart has Charmin Ultra Strong Toilet Paper 16=48 rolls for $10.97 on Rollback.

Pack contains 16 Rolls (198 sheets per roll)
1 Charmin Triple Roll = 3 Regular Rolls based on number of sheets in Charmin Regular Roll bath tissue

Available on-line or in-store:
Walmart.ca
Stocktrack
Is there such a thing as a Charmin "regular roll" bath tissue or for that matter any brand "regular roll". Every manufacturer has double or triple roll packages except for Kirkland brand which is just one size of roll.

Today's triple roll is what a regular roll was 20 or more years ago.
Jun 4, 2007
49 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
In fact, these same triple rolls use to be the exact same as double rolls 6 years ago, same package size. I had stocked some up a few years back when the double rolls use to be $5, and then I stocked up the triple rolls and was shocked at their marketing gimmick.

Ultimately, I go to Costco when they have it on sale for $20, no games, just 30 rolls big rolls. None of this triple, double etc.

FWIW, Costco size is slightly smaller than ultra size.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario
canlabman wrote:
Is there such a thing as a Charmin "regular roll" bath tissue or for that matter any brand "regular roll". Every manufacturer has double or triple roll packages except for Kirkland brand which is just one size of roll.

Today's triple roll is what a regular roll was 20 or more years ago.
azn_sicko wrote: In fact, these same triple rolls use to be the exact same as double rolls 6 years ago, same package size. I had stocked some up a few years back when the double rolls use to be $5, and then I stocked up the triple rolls and was shocked at their marketing gimmick.

Ultimately, I go to Costco when they have it on sale for $20, no games, just 30 rolls big rolls. None of this triple, double etc.

FWIW, Costco size is slightly smaller than ultra size.
Therefore one must use the "official RFD Toilet Paper Calculator" LOL (seriously, there is one somewhere on here)
Deal Addict
Apr 23, 2006
3009 posts
1021 upvotes
Toronto
same price on Amazon for Ultra Strong
Jun 4, 2007
49 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto
One small issue with that... Costco rolls has bigger size per sheet. Not that many people would care and neither did I, but once you go big, why look back?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario
azn_sicko wrote: One small issue with that... Costco rolls has bigger size per sheet. Not that many people would care and neither did I, but once you go big, why look back?
I'm actually not in agreement with the RFD toilet paper calculator. The only common denominator of all brands is WEIGHT. You cannot base the cost on the # of sheets as some may be bigger (as you pointed out) and some may be thicker or 3-ply.

Then you have to factor in quality, soft vs strong etc...but that's a personal preference and very subjective.
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12983 posts
23265 upvotes
Now we’re down to 16=48 ? Thinking Face

Guess next is 16 = infinity
Aug 6, 2019
96 posts
123 upvotes
Ontario
Temporarily out of stock but my order went through.
Nov 30, 2020
117 posts
162 upvotes
I dont understand. It is the same one as the amazon one, is it not? Why are people down voting this post but upvoting the other one?
Apr 26, 2019
368 posts
453 upvotes
I was just able to place an Amazon order for 2 packs, seems like the status briefly changed from "Temporarily OOS - screw off" to "Temporarily OOS but we'll take your money for now."
Last edited by GordonGartrelle on May 9th, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Feb 29, 2008
321 posts
92 upvotes
azncapcom wrote: Seems to be double the price of Kirkland.

How good is the ultra strong? Is it worth the premium? Serious question.
Bought it and in my opinion it's the same texture/quality as Costco's Kirkland but smaller in width and size overall.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 27, 2006
3199 posts
2935 upvotes
Ontario
Noobiedeals wrote: I dont understand. It is the same one as the amazon one, is it not? Why are people down voting this post but upvoting the other one?
Same deal. Amazon was just matching Walmart's sale. Not sure why the down votes.

I posted this because I know RFD folks like Charmin.

Ironically, I don't even buy Charmin or Costco Kirkland.

I buy Royale Velour Ultra Plush 8=24 Rolls for only $1.50 per package (after printable coupons and 20x pts)

Ignoring brand preference (personal preference and subjective) and considering cost only, buying Royale at SDM is FAR BETTER than Costco Kirkland and Walmart Charmin.

BTW, Royale at SDM is again on sale this weekend. $4.99 -$2 coupon -$1.50 in pts (20x or bonus redemption event)
Deal Guru
Jan 10, 2008
12983 posts
23265 upvotes
Checked it out at my local Walmart and find that the rolls are kinda small ? I don’t get this 16=48 . Looks more like regular old sized rolls to me .I’ll stick to Kirkland
Deal Addict
Nov 19, 2015
3562 posts
19953 upvotes
kiiaal wrote: Same deal. Amazon was just matching Walmart's sale. Not sure why the down votes.

I posted this because I know RFD folks like Charmin.

Ironically, I don't even buy Charmin or Costco Kirkland.

I buy Royale Velour Ultra Plush 8=24 Rolls for only $1.50 per package (after printable coupons and 20x pts)

Ignoring brand preference (personal preference and subjective) and considering cost only, buying Royale at SDM is FAR BETTER than Costco Kirkland and Walmart Charmin.

BTW, Royale at SDM is again on sale this weekend. $4.99 -$2 coupon -$1.50 in pts (20x or bonus redemption event)
Yes, the Royale Velour Ultra Plush is probably the best toilet paper around. Even better than Charmin. Bought some this weekend (8 of them, 4 each along with wife) Used a $3.00 off coupon, no longer available.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)