• Last Updated:
  • Sep 12th, 2020 3:07 pm
[OP]
Mar 5, 2018
267 posts
181 upvotes
Montreal

[Walmart] Chest Freezer Fridgemaster 5.0 Cu. 199.97$

I bought this freezer a few weeks ago at the same price, it was OOS right after, it's available again. Free shipping, freezes very well, quiet, the capacity is big enough inside, very good price in my opinion.

There are some negative english reviews in the walmart's website for the delivery, but french reviews are good and I had a good experience with the delivery and overall with this freezer.

• Total-capacity (cu.ft.): 5.0 cu.ft.
• Warranty: Parts & labour 1 year
Images
  • cap.jpg
24 replies
Dec 22, 2019
19 posts
81 upvotes
Reading the reviews it sounds like the shipper is an ex-baggage handler!
Oct 27, 2012
148 posts
203 upvotes
WINNIPEG
Thanks, was looking for a second one; ordered!
Sep 19, 2008
848 posts
755 upvotes
For anyone that has a costco membership

Also available at Costco:
$200 - 5 cubic ft danby chest freezer
$180 - 3.5 cubic feet Koolatron chest freezer
$200 - 3.1 cubic feet koolatron upright freezer
Apr 1, 2019
26 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
cbr600 wrote: For anyone that has a costco membership

Also available at Costco:
$200 - 5 cubic ft danby chest freezer
$180 - 3.5 cubic feet Koolatron chest freezer
$200 - 3.1 cubic feet koolatron upright freezer
The difference here is that Walmart is selling with free shipping. Unfortunately, I don’t t have a bigger vehicle to pickup the one from costco. I usually prefer buying electronics from Costco, but in this case I went with Walmart. Mine is scheduled to be delivered today, lets see how it goes.
Apr 5, 2003
23 posts
5 upvotes
Just be careful about delivery. I ordered a 5 cu Danby from Home Depot. They offered free shipping as parcel. When UPS delivered to me, they rolled the freezer to my front door. .... not with a trolley or cart.
Luckily my wife told me and I called HD to complain about it. The freezer also got a dent and damaged feet.
If you know when it is coming, keep an eye on it. If they roll the freezer, even it's not damage physically, I have my doubt about inside.
Deal Addict
Mar 15, 2008
1873 posts
593 upvotes
Stupid question but are chest freezers availiable in store?
Deal Fanatic
Oct 21, 2015
9103 posts
54407 upvotes
Ontario
Shopperhopper wrote: The difference here is that Walmart is selling with free shipping. Unfortunately, I don’t t have a bigger vehicle to pickup the one from costco. I usually prefer buying electronics from Costco, but in this case I went with Walmart. Mine is scheduled to be delivered today, lets see how it goes.
i remember we had to pay $50 extra for big items
COSTCO is closed on October 12 (Thanksgiving)
Saint-Hubert (Quebec) Costco = Oct 12 = 7AM - 6PM
Jul 31, 2004
271 posts
89 upvotes
Toronto
I just picked up a Midea 5.0 cu ft from HD this morning for 198.00. It looks like these chest freezers are going fast. I went to HD last night to show the wife and there were 3 at Leaside HD. This morning at 9:30 there were 2 left. So, I grabbed one, and I just checked online for a friend and now showing out of stock.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/midea- ... 1001529907
Apr 1, 2019
26 posts
12 upvotes
Ottawa
ho111 wrote: Just be careful about delivery. I ordered a 5 cu Danby from Home Depot. They offered free shipping as parcel. When UPS delivered to me, they rolled the freezer to my front door. .... not with a trolley or cart.
Luckily my wife told me and I called HD to complain about it. The freezer also got a dent and damaged feet.
If you know when it is coming, keep an eye on it. If they roll the freezer, even it's not damage physically, I have my doubt about inside.
Damn! Thanks for the heads up. Its good that I have a doorbell cam, it’ll be easier to lodge a complaint.
Deal Addict
Jan 23, 2017
1091 posts
987 upvotes
Calgary
I ordered the 7 cubic foot one for $229 a few weeks ago, looks like it's sold out now.

It arrived with one corner banged up, clearly dragged from the truck to my door as there were styrofoam marks up my entire walkway, and styrofoam littered across my lawn.

Figured it was kind of a matter of the price you pay and didn't bother complaining, freezer works well. Slight cosmetic damage only.
Deal Addict
Oct 23, 2005
1705 posts
408 upvotes
Montreal
So all these brand are made by the same manufacturer, they just rebadge their brand name?
Aug 17, 2010
103 posts
36 upvotes
GTA
Just got mine today. They used Canpar shipping. The expected delivery date is pretty accurate, within two days of ordering. Zero dents, perfect condition. Plugged it in a few hours ago.