Hot Deals

[Walmart] Clearance on 4K TVs •• up to 50% OFF •• 40"-65" (YMMV - Mississauga - Heartland)

• Last Updated:
  • May 24th, 2020 12:07 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2356 posts
2923 upvotes
Mississauga, ON

[Walmart] Clearance on 4K TVs •• up to 50% OFF •• 40"-65" (YMMV - Mississauga - Heartland)

Ok, prices are not as great as my last find! ...

walmart-clearance-4k-tvs-c-c-50-off-c-c ... l-2372729/

Still can't get over the fact that I was able to score a BNIB 70" Samsung for $599. (same TV was at this Walmart location for $1198)

These TVs were all display models (don't think there are boxes), best deal I saw was a 65" TCL (I presume the 4-series) for $300.

25 replies
Nov 27, 2019
52 posts
14 upvotes
Isnt it the same walmart where walmart associate was found with covid two three days ago?
Is that the reason for drop of prices only in that walmart?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2356 posts
2923 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
desmat wrote: Isnt it the same walmart where walmart associate was found with covid two three days ago?
Is that the reason for drop of prices only in that walmart?
https://www.insauga.com/employee-at-mis ... r-covid-19

Yup, looks like it, last worked on May 6th though, so really up to you whether the rewards outweigh the risks.

If you skim through my last post an ex-Walmart employee chimed in that apparently Walmart changed their electronics dept vendor/contractor so they are swapping out a lot of brands/models.

I did notice that the TVs that were in boxes (not on clearance) were from brands that I did not see in the past at Walmart (quite a few Philips Android TVs and a lot more Hisense TVs)
Last edited by remik on May 17th, 2020 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nov 27, 2010
313 posts
36 upvotes
Mississauga
remik wrote: Ok, prices are not as great as my last find! ...

Still can't get over the fact that I was able to score a BNIB 70" Samsung for $599. (same TV was at this Walmart location for $1198)

These TVs were all display models (don't think there are boxes), best deal I saw was a 65" TCL (I presume the 4-series) for $300.

Were there more of the Samsung ones left ?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2356 posts
2923 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
vivek1042004 wrote: Were there more of the Samsung ones left ?
Sorry, I do not recall, I do know I saw a few RCA, LG, and that 65" TCL, there could have been a Samsung there in the mix. I originally made that vid for a buddy of mine who's looking for a "cheap" tv so I kind of rushed through it and didn't focus in on the makes/price tags like my last deal.
Nov 27, 2019
52 posts
14 upvotes
remik wrote: https://www.insauga.com/employee-at-mis ... r-covid-19

Yup, looks like it, last worked on May 6th though, so really up to you whether the rewards outweigh the risks.

If you skim through my last post an ex-Walmart employee chimed in that apparently Walmart changed their electronics dept vendor/contractor so they are swapping out a lot of brands/models.

I did notice that the TVs that were in boxes (not on clearance) were from brands that I did not see in the past at Walmart (quite a few Philips Android TVs and a lot more Hisense TVs)
Oh ok..
Btw would these be in other walmarts too if vendor change?
Or only in one walmart in heartland?
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2356 posts
2923 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
whoosa wrote: Did you see this today?
Yesterday, late afternoon, as was the case with my Southcommon Mall find I was the only customer in the electronics section at the time, good chance there are still a few there, there were probably close to 20 TVs on clearance. There were like another 10 on the floor behind the sales counter still waiting to be "officially priced" as they had the yellow price tags with the size and price written in pen.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2356 posts
2923 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
desmat wrote: Oh ok..
Btw would these be in other walmarts too if vendor change?
Or only in one walmart in heartland?
Look at my previous post at Southcommon from about a week back, they had floor models/display first (May 2nd), then on May 9th when I came back for my weekly Saturday morning browse they were bringing out boxed TVs from the back and tagging them for clearance.

Last edited by remik on May 17th, 2020 8:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2007
3277 posts
2461 upvotes
No Bum Deals
Careful with display models. It's a lottery due to 10+ hours a day of store mode settings combined with looping demo material for months on end.
🢂 2x Koodo 35/5 - 1x Koodo 39/10 - 1x Fido 0/3 🢀
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
2356 posts
2923 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
pooper wrote: Careful with display models. It's a lottery due to 10+ hours a day of store mode settings for months on end.
True, but I did confirm with a "yellow vest" in the past that standard warranty applies, not sure if you can buy extended warranty though.
Oct 9, 2014
275 posts
311 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
remik wrote: True, but I did confirm with a "yellow vest" in the past that standard warranty applies, not sure if you can buy extended warranty though.
You can buy extended warranty.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
13875 posts
14366 upvotes
Hisense H7 Series 43" 4K VA TV
>> $248.00 CAD (Online Only) <<
Source: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hisense-h7 ... 0198971931

Possible candidate for use as a 43" 4K TV-as-Monitor.

----

Small aside, one of the mods decided to delete my comment regarding TVs disappearing. Please note that TV buyouts directly coincide with CERB direct deposit dates as noted by two separate Walmart managers in different stores. This is not a political statement, and it directly impacts your ability to obtain clearance TVs.

Good luck, men.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Deal Guru
Feb 24, 2018
13875 posts
14366 upvotes
Hisense 65" 4K UHD Quantum Dot Android Smart TV, 65Q7809 (2019)

Price: $700.00 CAD (Clearance)

Source: https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/hisense-65 ... 0200335496

Manufacturer: https://www.hisense-canada.com/en/telev ... d-smart-tv

The only 65" Quantum Dot Display 4K display at $700 CAD.
>> Govt. Relief for Businesses: 75% Wage Subsidy <<

COVID-19 Etiquette
Whatever your personal opinion, please respect hygiene and PPE guidelines and mandates laid down by (1) government, (2) private establishments.
Mar 3, 2011
80 posts
7 upvotes
The Hisense v- is it better than then the TCL one (demo)?