Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Clearance road salt / ice melter - $1+ in GVRD - YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 29th, 2022 9:30 pm
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as

[Walmart] Clearance road salt / ice melter - $1+ in GVRD - YMMV

The usual seasonal clearance on road salt/melter

$3+ - Super Tech ice melter 10kg - https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=62773514739
$1+ - Ice Patrol salt 10kg - https://stocktrack.ca/?s=wm&upc=6471521100

These prices seem consistent across the Vancouver region, higher elsewhere
Images
  • 20220323_211156.jpg
  • 20220323_211143.jpg
45 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2019
1132 posts
3029 upvotes
Victoria
Thanks OP. Same price in Victoria too based on the ST.
Deal Addict
Jan 28, 2007
1398 posts
863 upvotes
thedealhunter2000 wrote: How well do both of those products store till next winter?
Depends on storage conditions - should be cool & dry.
I usually leave it in the garage on shelves and they're fine when winter comes around.
Deal Addict
Dec 24, 2011
1826 posts
1515 upvotes
toronto
thedealhunter2000 wrote: How well do both of those products store till next winter?
I had the yellow package extra from last year still sealed and kept in garage shelf was fine when i used it this year.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Realistically, the yellow bagged stuff is just coarse salt and would probably be fine 10 years from now as long as it doesn't get wet.
Dec 29, 2007
677 posts
476 upvotes
Ice melter can get all globby
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8875 upvotes
cjam wrote: Ice melter can get all globby
Alaskan brand yes. This stuff will keep forever if not a long time.

Still have this from 5 years ago and still good to go every winter

I tend to stock up when really cheap as you will never know when salt is oos in GVRD!
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2013
2916 posts
4472 upvotes
West
cjam wrote: Ice melter can get all globby
Stomping on it and kicking it works all the time!
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
muffin4life wrote: Alaskan brand yes. This stuff will keep forever if not a long time.

Still have this from 5 years ago and still good to go every winter

I tend to stock up when really cheap as you will never know when salt is oos in GVRD!
How could we forget...

Hehe, humanity has no chance.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8875 upvotes
Krrrong wrote: How could we forget...

Didn't even get the chance to experience the BF mad rush experience...

But what an embarrassing moment for Vancouverites...
Deal Addict
May 10, 2008
2190 posts
2394 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
Krrrong wrote: How could we forget...

My parents tried to get some salt that year. The traffic around the distribution locations was so bad that they were stuck for 30+ min. They gave up and bought a bag for $50 off some reseller. 🤣

I still remember the couple in the news that got caught stealing salt the night before. It was hilarious!

Anyway, thanks OP for the great deal. Too bad Walmart is too far for me…
Deal Addict
Jun 16, 2019
1025 posts
3364 upvotes
west as
ktkn wrote: Which location in Vancouver did you see these at? Which section were they in?
What I saw was at Tsawwassen. Mostly a skid of the ice melter in the outside garden area with the bagged soils.
Deal Addict
Feb 26, 2008
1274 posts
1454 upvotes
Surrey
Quiet a few left at the South Surrey Walmart. They were outside the entrance by seasonal. I grabbed 8 bags. No brainer for these at a buck. If they go lumpy, hammer them. Had to do that to a bag of mine that I had for a couple of years.
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
rancid82 wrote: Quiet a few left at the South Surrey Walmart. They were outside the entrance by seasonal. I grabbed 8 bags. No brainer for these at a buck. If they go lumpy, hammer them. Had to do that to a bag of mine that I had for a couple of years.
I would mix in a bag or two of the ice melter with those 8 bags. I've found that just straight road salt doesn't do much in cold conditions with packed ice.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 4, 2012
8338 posts
8875 upvotes
craftsman wrote: I would mix in a bag or two of the ice melter with those 8 bags. I've found that just straight road salt doesn't do much in cold conditions with packed ice.
In Vancouver this is all that is needed. It melts where I live (Vancouver). Other municipalities might be colder... Ymmv
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
21844 posts
15619 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
muffin4life wrote: In Vancouver this is all that is needed. It melts where I live (Vancouver). Other municipalities might be colder... Ymmv
Maybe I'm spoiled after using a similar ice melter product and seeing how quickly packed ice starts to crack and melt. I'm not recommending using a whole lot of ice melter all of the time but a mix will give regular ice salt a boost especially if you need the sidewalk or driveway walkable for a senior in a short period of time.
Dec 3, 2013
119 posts
116 upvotes
Surrey
Thanks OP! I picked up 2 of the yellow bags which should last me a few years in GVRD.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)