[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4306 posts
3366 upvotes
Toronto

[Walmart] Cougar MX330-X Computer Case - $39.98

Thread Summary
Not the specs you're looking for? Check out RFD Reviews' list of the PC cases for your computer for more options!
24 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 18, 2017
1185 posts
843 upvotes
Great case at this price, roomy good airflow. OOS already though.
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1099 posts
2704 upvotes
Surprisingly well made for the price. Got it, love it, you will need to buy between 2-4 fans to take full advantage of it's airflow capabilities tho because it only comes with 1 exhaust at the back.
Your options are: 2-3 at the front and leave the provided back exhaust one where it is or 2-3 at the front + replace the provided back exhaust with a better one.
This should give you a good positive air pressure setup that takes advantage of the airflow of this case.

Bonus: There are also options for side panel fan but I find it unnecessary for most uses but it's their if you want to add a 200mm/140mm/120mm for example to blast more cool air inside the case near your beefy GPU
I have spoken
Nov 23, 2018
865 posts
302 upvotes
Markham ON
For that price, go with something tempered glass at CC (normally don't recommend CC, but it is JUST a case, so you should be fine).
Think Less, Imagine More
Costco is Bliss
Mar 5, 2021
156 posts
183 upvotes
Ontario
sweet deal.

+1
God bless Canada and the whole world.
Jan 7, 2021
12 posts
14 upvotes
I have the glass side panel version of this case and some RGB fans. Looks pretty slick and was pretty easy to build in.
Oct 24, 2010
484 posts
323 upvotes
Toronto
Side panel is 120/200 only by default, no 140mm.
I made the same guess/mistake. Don't require side intake imo. I cut the honey comb on bottom intake and rear exhaust, gave much better airflow. Replaced rear fan and added one to bottom, used Noctua 1700 p12 redux.

Great case for price.
almasyseifer wrote: Surprisingly well made for the price. Got it, love it, you will need to buy between 2-4 fans to take full advantage of it's airflow capabilities tho because it only comes with 1 exhaust at the back.
Your options are: 2-3 at the front and leave the provided back exhaust one where it is or 2-3 at the front + replace the provided back exhaust with a better one.
This should give you a good positive air pressure setup that takes advantage of the airflow of this case.

Bonus: There are also options for side panel fan but I find it unnecessary for most uses but it's their if you want to add a 200mm/140mm/120mm for example to blast more cool air inside the case near your beefy GPU
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1194 posts
2422 upvotes
Canada
Great case for anyone who likes low profile stuff, it's great quality, nothing feels cheap. No glass for anyone who wants to display the inside of their computer. It fits perfectly into a PC slot in my computer desk so I don't need a glass on the side. Something to note though, I had to flip the PSU so that the fan would blow out from the bottom, they probably could have put some slots for airflow on the panel just above where the PSU sits (just so that installing the PSU you can have it sit upright). Not really a big issue, but would like to have everything installed upright lol.
Live a little
Feb 2, 2015
639 posts
246 upvotes
I put in the order and then cancelled it after reading through the reviews...seems good for the price but there are also people complaining about the stuck power button or the headphone jack with issues.

I've had an Antec full size tower for over 10 yrs now and it feels like a helicopter taking off every time I turn it on, in fact last night I turned it off and was surprised how quiet my room is, even though I have my main PC turned on as well (with no liquid cooler), think probably time to replace the old case - any recommendation for a quiet case (and + some fan recommendations, doubt I should spend a lot more over a 10+ yr old PC to get liquid coolers) that could be left on 24x7 for a long time? (Obviously won't be at 40 bucks)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4306 posts
3366 upvotes
Toronto
spammy wrote: I put in the order and then cancelled it after reading through the reviews...seems good for the price but there are also people complaining about the stuck power button or the headphone jack with issues.

I've had an Antec full size tower for over 10 yrs now and it feels like a helicopter taking off every time I turn it on, in fact last night I turned it off and was surprised how quiet my room is, even though I have my main PC turned on as well (with no liquid cooler), think probably time to replace the old case - any recommendation for a quiet case (and + some fan recommendations, doubt I should spend a lot more over a 10+ yr old PC to get liquid coolers) that could be left on 24x7 for a long time? (Obviously won't be at 40 bucks)
If you want more, check this out which I just posted:

ebay-canada-phanteks-eclipse-p500a-high ... s-2460799/
Deal Addict
Sep 26, 2018
1099 posts
2704 upvotes
JonathanSun wrote: For that price, go with something tempered glass at CC (normally don't recommend CC, but it is JUST a case, so you should be fine).
First of all, not everyone wants or likes acrylic/tempered glass side panels, making this suggestion a little strange because you make it seem as if tempered glass was this amazing paramount feature that makes or breaks a case or somehow improves performance when it's just a cosmetic choice.
Second, even if you wanted tempered glass, you couldn't get it at this price point (40$) without sacrificing actual important things like the good airflow that this case has.

It's back in stock btw
I have spoken
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2006
4306 posts
3366 upvotes
Toronto
regarding air flow, keep in mind that the max height of cooler that can be used in this box is 155mm

you won't be able to fit bigger high-end coolers like noctua d15 in here
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2019
1194 posts
2422 upvotes
Canada
spammy wrote: I put in the order and then cancelled it after reading through the reviews...seems good for the price but there are also people complaining about the stuck power button or the headphone jack with issues.

I have this case, no power button issues.
Live a little
Deal Addict
Jul 23, 2004
3470 posts
1522 upvotes
Vancouver
Ryeguy21 wrote: I have the glass side panel version of this case and some RGB fans. Looks pretty slick and was pretty easy to build in.
My son did the exact same thing, built a couple of years ago. Still looks good.
Jan 7, 2021
12 posts
14 upvotes
I'm almost 40 and still think with leds that case looks good. Built my system a few years ago now. I've done some changes to keep it kinda upta date. Wish graphics cards were more reasonable nowadays. Have a xbox series x and a one x to tie me over at least.
Images
  • upload.jpg
  • upload.jpg
Jan 23, 2009
408 posts
335 upvotes
VI
Jackji wrote: Something to note though, I had to flip the PSU so that the fan would blow out from the bottom, they probably could have put some slots for airflow on the panel just above where the PSU sits (just so that installing the PSU you can have it sit upright). Not really a big issue, but would like to have everything installed upright lol.
That's almost universal for bottom mounted PSU cases, it's not blowing out, it's drawing air in, so having a grill on the bottom means it pulls cool air in and not hot air from inside the case. Much better for your PSU. Most power supply a have labels on both sides and one is flipped so it's "right side up"neither way you mount it.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
3322 posts
1536 upvotes
Airdrie
This was originally posted Jan 31 but that thread has moved to expired deals. I bought one then but returned it when I bought a pile of used parts that turned out to come in a CoolerMaster Cosmos :)
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
May 31, 2005
696 posts
213 upvotes
OT but can anyone recommend a cheap
case with 9+ drive bays ? I need to shuck
and house some HD’s for Plex