Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] Cyberpunk 2077 (PS4/XBOX1) - $54.96

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 11th, 2020 11:01 am
Nov 14, 2017
522 posts
736 upvotes
Vancouver
I don't preorder anything, but there isn't a question when it comes to this studio and this price. It's a no brainer if you have played Witcher 3.
Feb 28, 2017
350 posts
641 upvotes
Thx OP, ordered this and COD
I cant tell if im addicted to RFD or good deals
Dec 15, 2017
57 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
Are you charged on purchase or on the day it ships?

edit: according to their FAQ, it is on shipping
Last edited by Nocteum on Jun 12th, 2019 3:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17291 posts
19262 upvotes
goldxpert wrote: Walmart killed it this year. This has been up for almost 6 hours now and still available for pre-order.

Meanwhile Crapbuy with their 30 available copies got sold out within 30 minutes day 1. Amazon too busy sucking with their half arsed price matching attempts and delivering games 2 weeks late.

Preordered all 6 games i wanted from Walmart this year as all of my orders over the last 2 years were delivered release day and spiderman, in particular, actually arrived a day earlier.

Good Guy Walmart, keep it up.
Walmart selling ridiculously priced SSDs and honoring in-store pickup doesn't make me hate them, though others are hot and bothered over the home-order cancellations.

Walmart is like the wind, sometimes it works in your favor (wafting rear expulsions down valley), and other times, it forces those aromas on you.
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3703 posts
3772 upvotes
Ottawa
Stinky2 wrote: Don't buy any game until it is released and reviewed.
Just like you wouldn't pay up front to renovate your basement.
Kinda amazed that this shitty advice is so well liked.
And then you see people whine about publishers not allocating enough quantity for these discount preorders.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS YOU MOOKS!

Cyberpunk 2077 is the safest preorder out there. At $80, at $70, at $55 it's a STEAL and you're stupid not to. The only reason someone wouldn't do it, is because Walmart sucks.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Oct 30, 2012
320 posts
638 upvotes
Thanks OP, ordered!

FF7 Remake is the same price also, good deal or is there better?
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2011
2249 posts
1857 upvotes
Vancouver
Dpack22 wrote: Release date is April 16th 2020, steam summer sale will happen in 2 months and it will probably sell for the same price as pre-order.

Also, the thought of having to change discs every time I want to play a different game is the worst thing ever.

Also I don't have a PS4 so this argument is meaningless. PC Master Race.
Steam sale has never in its history had E3 discounts on pre orders.
Deal Addict
Aug 1, 2010
1015 posts
651 upvotes
Batarang wrote: Kinda amazed that this shitty advice is so well liked.
And then you see people whine about publishers not allocating enough quantity for these discount preorders.

YOU CAN'T HAVE IT BOTH WAYS YOU MOOKS!

Cyberpunk 2077 is the safest preorder out there. At $80, at $70, at $55 it's a STEAL and you're stupid not to. The only reason someone wouldn't do it, is because Walmart sucks.
I would agree with him for a lot of games, but with you on this one. Cyberpunk/CDPR is about as safe as it gets. And this one will def retain value/won't go on sale for a long time. No-brainer at $55
Deal Addict
Jul 20, 2008
2566 posts
1047 upvotes
North York
Dpack22 wrote: Physical copy? In 2019?

Hard pass.

Yea..play and dump it in Ebgames for 50 ...

Lack of common sense on RFD?
Aug 25, 2010
337 posts
94 upvotes
Buy game physical disk at $56
Play game
Trade it in when finished (if finished within 30 days you can get up to $50 credit from EB) or wait for 1.5x trade in
Pick up whatever game/system/Vanilla mastercard you feel like

Note:
I don't typically replay games
I don't usually care for the DLCs unless the game really stands out.
I end up usually selling them when the 1.5x or whatever trade in deal is effective

Works out really well for me...
Deal Addict
Sep 6, 2008
3969 posts
1782 upvotes
BC
Is this available for in store pick up? I'm not seeing the option (I'm on mobile tho,)
Dec 15, 2017
57 posts
13 upvotes
British Columbia
Is walmart usually pretty good about getting it shipped on release day, or should I opt for pick up in store?
Deal Addict
Oct 30, 2013
3703 posts
3772 upvotes
Ottawa
colavs19 wrote: I would agree with him for a lot of games, but with you on this one. Cyberpunk/CDPR is about as safe as it gets. And this one will def retain value/won't go on sale for a long time. No-brainer at $55
I'm okay with preorders for the most part. You can always cancel them if you change your mind. I don't need to wait for some critic to tell me it's worth my money. I make up my own mind about what's worth my money, or what is better off waiting for a sale.
Tampa Bay Lightning2020 Stanley Cup Champions!!!
The Last of Us Part II - Game of the Year 2020
Cyberpunk 2077 - Game of the Year 2021 - calling it now.
Oct 4, 2008
784 posts
300 upvotes
Calgary Alberta
Hey you guys anybody pre-buying games should watch this & see if it makes any sense

-
Jan 21, 2007
286 posts
68 upvotes
Laval
Best Buy decided to "sell out" of their pre-order for this game so Walmart gets my sale. Pre-ordered Days Gone last year and didn't like what I saw from the reviews so I sold the game locally for a small profit but I could have easily returned it to the store for what I paid.
Nocteum wrote: Is walmart usually pretty good about getting it shipped on release day, or should I opt for pick up in store?
From my experience, they've shipped both games I pre-ordered in the past on release day so I got them a couple of days later.
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2010
3209 posts
1764 upvotes
Burlington
evanwier wrote: Steam sale has never in its history had E3 discounts on pre orders.
Poor wording on my part, I meant in June 2020 it will be on sale for about the same as the pre-order price.
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
17291 posts
19262 upvotes
Moeeed wrote: Yea..play and dump it in Ebgames for 50 ...

Lack of common sense on RFD?
This equation checks out.

FYI, I'm still unofficially... morally... banned from discussing my opinion on EBGames staffers. Last time I did so I had people claim future astronauts and doctors were paying their way working there.

If the game flops, they may exclude it from a $50 buyback. On the flip side, folks may love it and the buyback may be worthless due to lack of interest in giving up said title.