Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

(DEAD) Lenovo Smart Display 8" with the Google Assistant, $134.99

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 4th, 2019 8:49 am
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1495 posts
746 upvotes
London Area
lifeisfuneh wrote: Test if the power adapter is still ok
I tested it after your post and it was working fine. Tried the display in multiple outlets as well.
psyko514 wrote: Is the screen completely black? Or just darker? I ask because this morning, my screen was very dark for some reason and I had to up the brightness.
It's pitch black. Completely dead.

I called Lenovo support this morning. I have to pay to ship it to them but it's under warranty. I'm going to send it off tomorrow and hope to get a good one back! Besides this hiccup, I've been very happy with the smart display. Here's hoping I don't have another issue!
Deal Fanatic
Jan 23, 2009
5582 posts
2441 upvotes
Jonstar1 wrote: I tested it after your post and it was working fine. Tried the display in multiple outlets as well.

I called Lenovo support this morning. I have to pay to ship it to them but it's under warranty. I'm going to send it off tomorrow and hope to get a good one back! Besides this hiccup, I've been very happy with the smart display. Here's hoping I don't have another issue!
That's unfortunate :(
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
Jonstar1 wrote: I tested it after your post and it was working fine. Tried the display in multiple outlets as well.

Total garbage paying for shipping on warranty .
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Garbage but not unusual.
Phils
Deal Addict
Nov 24, 2009
1495 posts
746 upvotes
London Area
SammyDavis wrote: Total garbage paying for shipping on warranty .
Agreed! Apparently Lenovo does this. It's frustrating to say the least. But cheaper than buying a new one.
Jun 20, 2011
330 posts
107 upvotes
i guess the Deal is dead now?

Damn it. Missed it AGAIN !
Banned
Apr 5, 2015
1281 posts
446 upvotes
Toronto, ON
For video calls, what apps does this smart display use?

Is whatsapp an option?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2798 posts
1134 upvotes
futabasan wrote: For video calls, what apps does this smart display use?

Is whatsapp an option?
Google DUO
King of the farm
Deal Addict
Feb 15, 2009
1661 posts
511 upvotes
Rooster wrote: Google DUO
Longtime iOS user. Is Google DUO like the facetime for Android? Can you DUO chat with other Lenovo Smart Displays?
Deal Fanatic
Sep 29, 2005
6758 posts
1786 upvotes
Montreal
Yes and yes and there's supposed to be a Duo app for iOS also so you should be able to make a duo call from an iPhone to an android device.
Phils
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2005
2798 posts
1134 upvotes
tatung wrote: Longtime iOS user. Is Google DUO like the facetime for Android? Can you DUO chat with other Lenovo Smart Displays?
Yes, and Yes. Google Duo is available for both IOS and Android.
King of the farm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2015
5779 posts
6722 upvotes
Alberta
Got my 10" model yesterday. I ordered from Lenovo, so thankfully everything seems to work fine and I don't have to deal with warranty...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)