Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Delicious Kitchen Premium Jasmine Scented White Rice - 8kg for $12.88 - $4.09 off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 12th, 2023 12:03 pm
Sep 18, 2007
72 posts
17 upvotes
Richmond Hill
The panda brand is not good,pass…
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2006
2823 posts
1493 upvotes
I ordered the calrose and jasmine, and my jasmine was substituted with the calrose! Same 12$....even better deal
Deal Fanatic
Nov 23, 2008
7140 posts
3513 upvotes
VanCityUser wrote: The rooster brand jasmine rice is pretty bad. No matter how many times you wash it, it stays sticky, and the texture of the cooked grains seems different to other brands I've used.
believe it or not, this Walmart delicious kitchen brand is even worse than Rooster.

I'm not overly picky. Of course Ox Head is one of the best, and then I can tolerate Rooster, but wow delicious kitchen was another level down
Deal Fanatic
Nov 15, 2020
8453 posts
6938 upvotes
i honestly just cant tell the dif. I cook it in the instantpot and results are fine so far with any brand.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 19, 2002
7846 posts
9207 upvotes
Vancouver
SomeOtherDude wrote: believe it or not, this Walmart delicious kitchen brand is even worse than Rooster.

I'm not overly picky. Of course Ox Head is one of the best, and then I can tolerate Rooster, but wow delicious kitchen was another level down
Why would anybody be surprised? The price already tells you.

DK is nearly half the price of Rooster.
Feb 16, 2003
762 posts
167 upvotes
Nhuynh555 wrote: This or the Thai wheel jasmine rice from loblaws? Both are not Thai hom mali grade.
GrumpyAsian wrote: It may be Thai Hom Mali as it has the green seal on the top right of the bag.

I prefer Rooster brand (the one you get a loblaws where it is Thai Hom Mali) over this brand. The Walmart panda brand is less fragrant and abit drier compared to Rooster.
Both brands have the green seal. We prefer the loblaws Golden Wheel, texture are much better when new (not stored for long). Currently on sale at Independent/Loblaws $14.88.
That's our goto brand after the phoenix brand price got out of hand.
WTB:
Deal Guru
Feb 14, 2006
10084 posts
1418 upvotes
evilYoda wrote: i honestly just cant tell the dif. I cook it in the instantpot and results are fine so far with any brand.
Me neither, to a certain extent. I think perhaps the rice cooker/technique matters a lot? Dont know. We use the Zojirushi ZCC10.
Deal Addict
Sep 21, 2019
1189 posts
814 upvotes
This sucks. Always buy Thai jasmine rice with the Thai gov seal on the good ones.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
rivet wrote: what coupon?
It was an from an older grocery promo. Doesn't matter since they cancelled my order lol
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Deal Guru
Jan 19, 2017
10057 posts
6148 upvotes
aeba7 wrote: It was an from an older grocery promo. Doesn't matter since they cancelled my order lol
If your order is >= $75, then try code SAVETIME60 to save $15.
Deal Addict
Mar 31, 2005
1660 posts
1945 upvotes
I agree with a lot of the reviews...

Go buy Y&Y ultra premium at Food Basics for $18.88 instead...
Images
  • 20230101_002502.jpg
Mar 17, 2022
132 posts
90 upvotes
eelfliw wrote: In case anyone is wondering, the long grain Jasmine rice is typical of what you'll see in Chinese food take-outs. The rice is not as sticky as short grain rice and good for making fried rice (but stickier than Basmati). The Botan Calrose is stickier (esp if you add a little more water when cooking). Good for making sushi.
How long the grain is in comparison to basmati ?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 18, 2003
7432 posts
2245 upvotes
Etobicoke
ullo2000 wrote: How long the grain is in comparison to basmati ?
The naming is all relative. Jasmine compared to Calrose can be called long-grain because it's longer. Basmati is even longer than jasmine. But when compared to wild rice basmati isn't as long.

Here's a comparison : https://www.seriouseats.com/guide-to-rice
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I was able to PM at my local no frills for the walmart botan, bringing it down from 29.99 to 19.99, price match limit of 4 bags.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
Dec 28, 2021
286 posts
354 upvotes
dillybravo wrote: Not sure vs. Kirkland but it is better than the Rooster in my opinion.
Kirkland Signature is always the best in any item comparison.
Kirkland is A1
Deal Fanatic
Dec 31, 2007
5252 posts
1905 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Aurora WM has Botan back in stock, half full pallet near the front.
"Buy now, think later. This is the way."
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa
GrumpyAsian wrote: It may be Thai Hom Mali as it has the green seal on the top right of the bag.

I prefer Rooster brand (the one you get a loblaws where it is Thai Hom Mali) over this brand. The Walmart panda brand is less fragrant and abit drier compared to Rooster.
Tried the Rooster for the first time and will buy it again. Good product at a fair price.
May 13, 2010
776 posts
419 upvotes
Ottawa

Tried the Rooster for the first time and will buy it again. Good product at a fair price.