Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Walmart display model TV clearance

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 5th, 2016 6:13 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2007
250 posts
117 upvotes
St Thomas, Ont

Walmart display model TV clearance

I've Been to the Ontario - st. Thomas, Woodstock, Kitchener and Waterloo Walmart. They all have display model 2015 TVs on clearance. Brands ranging from Samsung, Sony, LG, Emerson, RCA. I ended up picking up a LG 4K 55uf6800. They had it marked down to $900 from $1200 on clearance originally $1600 but because there was no stand I got them to drop the price to $800. Had to pay $39.50 for environmental fee as well as $109 tax. Total was $948.54
21 replies
Oct 26, 2015
595 posts
124 upvotes
Toronto,ON
Available online?
I try to buy smart but end up Penny wise Pound Foolish :(
Dec 11, 2007
250 posts
117 upvotes
St Thomas, Ont
nonvegan wrote: Available online?
No, these are in store display models only.
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
83 upvotes
Would stay far away from floor models. Who knows what's wrong with them. Who knows how long they have been left on for or what customers have done to them ...
Dec 11, 2007
250 posts
117 upvotes
St Thomas, Ont
The Master wrote: Would stay far away from floor models. Who knows what's wrong with them. Who knows how long they have been left on for or what customers have done to them ...
Been on the floor for a year, some stores turn the TVs off at night and others don't. Ask employee to find out.
Nov 29, 2006
996 posts
83 upvotes
saturnvuebots wrote: Been on the floor for a year, some stores turn the TVs off at night and others don't. Ask employee to find out.
Lol ask a Walmart employee ? You're funny
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2010
7725 posts
5238 upvotes
Canada
$950 for that LG seems like a lot of money especially since it is a floor model. It is a pretty average TV and reviews are so so. Should also mention it's a not true 4k and it is IPS.
There are much better TVs available brand new for that much money
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2010
6705 posts
2104 upvotes
Mississauga
saturnvuebots wrote: Been on the floor for a year, some stores turn the TVs off at night and others don't. Ask employee to find out.
Have they offered you any extended warranty ?
Silence is the best answer to a fool
Mar 19, 2005
426 posts
219 upvotes
It's a bad idea to buy TVs at "discount" stores. Cheap things with prices that people know are priced competitively. Rare purchases aren't.
Dec 11, 2007
250 posts
117 upvotes
St Thomas, Ont
immortal_kssss wrote: Have they offered you any extended warranty ?
Extended warranty was available, I paid with credit card to double my 1 year to 2 years
Banned
Apr 22, 2015
884 posts
106 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
Need a 42 inch tv with longer warranty. Is Costco better?
English is not my first language, please bear with me
Jan 29, 2005
799 posts
190 upvotes
Winnipeg
saturnvuebots wrote: I've Been to the Ontario - st. Thomas, Woodstock, Kitchener and Waterloo Walmart. They all have display model 2015 TVs on clearance. Brands ranging from Samsung, Sony, LG, Emerson, RCA. I ended up picking up a LG 4K 55uf6800. They had it marked down to $900 from $1200 on clearance originally $1600 but because there was no stand I got them to drop the price to $800. Had to pay $39.50 for environmental fee as well as $109 tax. Total was $948.54
I'd stay away from the demo models unless they are just about giving them away.
They would have to be very heavily discounted (75-80%) before I'd even look at one of these, and then only as a bedroom or basement TV (not my daily driver)
They've been up there for almost a year and running 24/7 in most of the stores.
That's like 8-10 years of normal household use - not a lot of life left in those units
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
saturnvuebots wrote: Extended warranty was available, I paid with credit card to double my 1 year to 2 years
If it goes in for repairs and your CC company somehow finds out that it's an open-box model, it won't be covered by that perks extension.
LG may not offer ANY warranty under the same circumstances (open-box product).
Hopefully your receipt doesn't mention that it's open/used/refurb/etc...then you're good to go.

Just get your story straight beforehand if you ever need an in-warranty repair....especially if it's got high hours usage.
Considering most Wal-Marts are open from 6am-11pm, that's a LOT of hours in a year.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
saturnvuebots wrote: Extended warranty was available, I paid with credit card to double my 1 year to 2 years
I was burned by this in past. Cc warrenty extentions typically do not cover open box, demo or refurbished items.

store coverage in this case can be better.
Deal Addict
Oct 8, 2009
2536 posts
1726 upvotes
Kitchener
Woah! wrote: LG may not offer ANY warranty under the same circumstances (open-box product).
Hopefully your receipt doesn't mention that it's open/used/refurb/etc...then you're good to go.

Just get your story straight beforehand if you ever need an in-warranty repair....especially if it's got high hours usage.
Considering most Wal-Marts are open from 6am-11pm, that's a LOT of hours in a year.
This... also look online if there is a way to check running hours for this TV (like an odometer on your car but in hours instead). You can get burnt by this. Some have a way to override the clock and reset.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2012
5438 posts
4856 upvotes
Toronto
Floor models are constantly on, this will destroy the lifespan of the TV. I wouldn't buy one unless it was next to free.
Mar 10, 2008
74 posts
41 upvotes
London
I took advantage of Walmart yr end floor model clearout a few years ago for a 42" Sony, and it is still running like a champ. I bought the extended warranty just incase there was a problem, but have never had to use it.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 11, 2006
6685 posts
3696 upvotes
Canada,Eh!
Cobrastrike wrote: I took advantage of Walmart yr end floor model clearout a few years ago for a 42" Sony, and it is still running like a champ. I bought the extended warranty just incase there was a problem, but have never had to use it.
In your case you'd probably be fine for an in-warranty repair if it were well into your 2nd year on a credit card extension warranty.
If a TV needed repairs in a shorter span, say 2-3 months after purchase, it would be very difficult explaining the 6,205 hours of mileage, plus yours, on it (17hrs a day x 365 days of Wal-Mart display usage).
Feb 5, 2015
262 posts
193 upvotes
Halifax, NS
it think the vizio d series can't be beat atm. full array local diming, great picture, smart, hdmi-cec, good sound..
Deal Fanatic
Jan 5, 2003
5068 posts
5010 upvotes
Toronto
Even if they turn them off at night, and they've only been on during store hours, that's still a lot more usage than normal household usage.