Expired Hot Deals

[Walmart] DJI Ryze Tello Drone $99 (back to BF price)

• Last Updated:
  • May 21st, 2019 6:41 pm
[OP]
Dec 8, 2009
198 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga

[Walmart] DJI Ryze Tello Drone $99 (back to BF price)

Just don't hate on the drone,
I already know all of its flaws and entertainment value. I like it for my use, I'm no vlogger or something. But it's perfect for kids.

Just wanted to let people know about the low price. Shipped and sold by Walmart, BTW.

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot to credit a fellow RFDer, the creator of StockTrack.org, by the means of which I found this deal.
Last edited by name777 on Apr 1st, 2019 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
56 replies
Aug 26, 2008
922 posts
455 upvotes
Montreal
I bought a cheap $40 drone a year ago, the RC Drone VISUO XS809HW, that on paper has similar specs. It's really awful though, very difficult to control, and lousy image quality, and a software-hardware user experience that made it not pleasant to use. I would like a good drone for aerial photos. Is this one significantly better, or is there something less than $300 that's much better? Longer range would be a nice feature. Thanks!
Dec 11, 2012
251 posts
110 upvotes
Coquitlam, BC
Thanks OP! Been looking to get a cheap drone to try it out and this price for a DJI brand is very good IMO :)
Nov 23, 2007
79 posts
177 upvotes
Toronto
I bought this drone a while ago and I really recommend it as a fun toy to fly around. I used it inside my house and find it is really stable and easy to control using the phone app. If you don’t press anything it will just hover in the air. Outdoor use is a fine but since the drone is so light, a small breeze will cause it to work really hard. You can buy certain BT game controllers to use it with but I never got one myself. The video quality is 720p and doesn’t really do well in poor lighting. But it’s more of a toy than a video capture device.
Deal Guru
Jan 27, 2004
14692 posts
3547 upvotes
so this one come with camera? what's the spec of the camera? for outdoor or only indoor? i want to use it to check my roof
2007 - Ipod Video (TD), Ipod Shuffle (GM)
2006 - Ipod Nano (TD)
2005 - Ipod Shuffle (TD)
Jan 31, 2011
861 posts
395 upvotes
Toronto
kiasu wrote: so this one come with camera? what's the spec of the camera? for outdoor or only indoor? i want to use it to check my roof
Got it for free from a contest last year and used it for roof inspection. Easy to maneuver and the picture taken is clear (enough for the job) and stable. Only downside is the small size won't hold steady against strong wind and the battery will only last around 15 minutes.
Deal Addict
Dec 30, 2008
3982 posts
714 upvotes
Windsor
name777 wrote:
I already know all of its flaws and entertainment value.
What are the flaws?

Is this under the weight limit for using in a residential area?
Aug 30, 2015
769 posts
524 upvotes
Kitchener, ON
well, in for one

thanks op
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2015
1525 posts
256 upvotes
Peterborough
I Had one one they first came out I Hated controling it with my phone the screen and the range sucked it didn;t do good in wind the video sucked but it did take good photos in good light conditions, I also had a Phantom 3 and Mavic Pro so maybe thats why I didn;t like it so much.
Mar 26, 2013
118 posts
62 upvotes
Vernon BC
ScottF391 wrote: says comes with 2 bats not 3 you just paid $30 extra for one battery
Tello Drone by DJI and Ryze with Two Additional Replacement Batteries.. Sure looks like 2 extra batteries to me.. ( I ordered it as well..)
Jan 16, 2010
64 posts
100 upvotes
Milton
OOS. Ordered one and then got an email from Walmart saying that it's out of stock and they are trying to get more. Order will automatically be cancelled in 3 days if they don't get it.

Thanks op!
[OP]
Dec 8, 2009
198 posts
178 upvotes
Mississauga
G77 wrote: What are the flaws?

Is this under the weight limit for using in a residential area?
The major flaw, if you're into aerial videos is that it doesn't have onboard storage, so everything gets sent to your phone over WiFi. It's fine for pictures, but the video comes out choppy. Although, if you have an old power bank, you can buy a $17 Xiaomi USB WiFi extender, and boost the signal to a really good distance.
To me this flaw doesn't matter, as I mostly like to fly it, and with DJI's software it's really easy to control, since it maintains stability on it's own. My previous micro drone was a pain in the neck, because I had to re-balance it every time I switch/charge the battery.