[Walmart] Dr. Oetker Ristorante or Casa di Mama Pizza $2.97

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 16th, 2020 1:56 pm
[OP]
Apr 10, 2020
211 posts
868 upvotes

[Walmart] Dr. Oetker Ristorante or Casa di Mama Pizza $2.97

Dr. Oetker Ristorante and Casa di Mama pizzas are going to be on sale for $2.97 at Walmart, starting June 4.

Dr Oetker.jpg
38 replies
Nov 3, 2010
761 posts
656 upvotes
Common sale price, it's this price at Zehrs right now.

Casa di mama is the best frozen pizza, the crust manages to be better than most Pizza chains. Slap on some extra cheese and toppings and it'll satisfy that pizza craving just fine.

Dr Oetker is the same brand but I've only ever seen thin crusts which isn't the same for me.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2011
3614 posts
2479 upvotes
Toronto
Ambushes wrote:

Casa di mama is the best frozen pizza, the crust manages to be better than most Pizza chains. Slap on some extra cheese and toppings and it'll satisfy that pizza craving just fine.
Indeed, and its not even close in my mind. I think the high cooking temperature helps, but they really are way better than the others.
FreezingCanada wrote: We voted him in as God of RFD last month. Where were you during elections...?
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8219 posts
1759 upvotes
Toronto
Does Walmart currently enforce limits on grocery products? I usually stock up on a whole bunch of these when they go on sale.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2020
211 posts
868 upvotes
appleb wrote: Does Walmart currently enforce limits on grocery products? I usually stock up on a whole bunch of these when they go on sale.
Not that I'm aware of. They only enforce limits for price matching items.
May 10, 2007
796 posts
88 upvotes
Unrelated to this sale but last week I grabbed a couple on sale at Loblaws and one of them had 2 pizza's in a box. 1st time that has happened. I buy these quite often when they're on sale, so it was a nice surprise.
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
13669 posts
25859 upvotes
Scarborough
Ambushes wrote: Casa di mama is the best frozen pizza, the crust manages to be better than most Pizza chains. Slap on some extra cheese and toppings and it'll satisfy that pizza craving just fine.
Agreed. Going to add a bunch of these to my next pickup order.
RFD Staff [Forum Rules] [Facebook] [Twitter].
Mar 11, 2019
191 posts
202 upvotes
The Dr oetker have parchment paper attached so dont try and remove it if the crust has thawed. Sometimes it's not possible to cook from frozen. The paper comes off easy if the pie is frozen but glued right to the dough once its thawed. It comes off easy after cooking.
Deal Guru
Nov 27, 2005
11684 posts
1384 upvotes
Toronto
Ambushes wrote: Common sale price, it's this price at Zehrs right now.

Dr Oetker is the same brand but I've only ever seen thin crusts which isn't the same for me.
Dr Oetker is the brand

"Casi di Mama" and "Ristorante" are the product lines
Dec 23, 2015
997 posts
1256 upvotes
No reason ever to pay more than this as they go on sale for this price frequently and they are frozen so they're not going to go bad if you keep them in your freezer for a few weeks. Having said that the Casa di Mama Hawaiian is one of the worst tasting pizzas I've ever eaten. I've sworn off frozen pizzas in general since it's almost as convenient to shed real cheese on a your own thick pita etc.
[OP]
Apr 10, 2020
211 posts
868 upvotes
ATOMANTMAN wrote: The Dr oetker have parchment paper attached so dont try and remove it if the crust has thawed. Sometimes it's not possible to cook from frozen. The paper comes off easy if the pie is frozen but glued right to the dough once its thawed. It comes off easy after cooking.
I'm not aware of that. Which ones have parchment paper? Ristorante or Casa di Mama?
Deal Addict
Nov 21, 2017
2075 posts
2120 upvotes
This stuff makes Pizza Pizza taste like gourmet straight out of a stone baked oven. It's bad even for frozen pizza standards. Frozen pizzas should have hit the grave yard, much like TV dinners, a long time ago.
May 12, 2020
39 posts
26 upvotes
6060842 wrote: No reason ever to pay more than this as they go on sale for this price frequently and they are frozen so they're not going to go bad if you keep them in your freezer for a few weeks. Having said that the Casa di Mama Hawaiian is one of the worst tasting pizzas I've ever eaten. I've sworn off frozen pizzas in general since it's almost as convenient to shed real cheese on a your own thick pita etc.
Yeah i got it this week. NGL it was sort of weird, but I still sort of...enjoyed it? I'll be going back to the 3 meat Casa di Mama 100% though.

I say it every time this deal thread pops up, but I am never going back to any other frozen pizza now that I've had Casa di Mama 3 meat. That stuff is like crack for me. Fits perfectly in a toaster oven too, sooooo easy.