Walmart E3 pre-order question

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 13th, 2019 9:11 am
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1732 posts
403 upvotes
Kitchener
quicksilver7 wrote: Buy it from another retailer and then return the Walmart one? Research the return policies first. It's what i do.
Looks like I might have to. Currenly in a call with a rep and they are saying I'll receive it November 21st. They are trying to push me to cancel the order and take a refund. Shady as ****.

EDIT: Finished the call. They are straight up refusing to ship the order now. They will only let me cancel the order, reorder online and they 'say' they will change the price to match my current price. Problem is, it is out of stock online so this cannot be done.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
4495 posts
3437 upvotes
London
iLLNESS wrote: Looks like I might have to. Currenly in a call with a rep and they are saying I'll receive it November 21st. They are trying to push me to cancel the order and take a refund. Shady as ****.

EDIT: Finished the call. They are straight up refusing to ship the order now. They will only let me cancel the order, reorder online and they 'say' they will change the price to match my current price. Problem is, it is out of stock online so this cannot be done.
try emailing bonni.poch@walmart.com she will make it right for u.
Jun 14, 2016
597 posts
349 upvotes
Calgary
I'll consider myself lucky. Mine shipped on Friday. Expected to arrive today. *Fingers Crossed*
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
So I was charged twice and the only games I pre-ordered for November are BFV and Pokemon. Do they usually charge 2~3 weeks ahead?
Nov 12, 2015
32 posts
10 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
mymuro wrote: So I was charged twice and the only games I pre-ordered for November are BFV and Pokemon. Do they usually charge 2~3 weeks ahead?
How much was your charge? I got charged $50 on Oct 29, but with tax it comes out to like $56... Wtf? Are they charging 3 weeks ahead for Pokemon? Lol
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
dreadreaper wrote: How much was your charge? I got charged $50 on Oct 29, but with tax it comes out to like $56... Wtf? Are they charging 3 weeks ahead for Pokemon? Lol
56.5 on Oct 29 and 56.5 on Oct 30
Nov 12, 2015
32 posts
10 upvotes
Pitt Meadows, BC
mymuro wrote: 56.5 on Oct 29 and 56.5 on Oct 30
What is the vendor name listed on the credit card line? Mine says WAL*MART CANADA INC. Thanks for the help.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
dreadreaper wrote: What is the vendor name listed on the credit card line? Mine says WAL*MART CANADA INC. Thanks for the help.
WAL*MART CANADA_V. So was my FIFA 19 charge.
Spiderman was WALMART.CA _V though :rolleyes:
Deal Addict
Nov 12, 2014
1172 posts
1004 upvotes
Kingston, ON
They usually check the card to ensure it's still valid a few weeks before release as a preauth pending payment that should go away....and then charge it when shipped.
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
dreadreaper wrote: How much was your charge? I got charged $50 on Oct 29, but with tax it comes out to like $56... Wtf? Are they charging 3 weeks ahead for Pokemon? Lol
Lately I find their charging practices weird. A game that totals $56.46 is not charged as one transaction, its like $35 and then $21.46.
Aug 14, 2010
612 posts
386 upvotes
Toronto
I just noticed a charge on my CC from Walmart for $56.50 on November 2nd. I assume it's for Battlefield 5, because that's the only game I pre-ordered during E3.
Deal Addict
Mar 8, 2008
4046 posts
1304 upvotes
Toronto
emanon86 wrote: I just noticed a charge on my CC from Walmart for $56.50 on November 2nd. I assume it's for Battlefield 5, because that's the only game I pre-ordered during E3.
Is it a charge or pending?

They normally don't charge this early
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Everything with Canada Post is a mess now. I have shipments for online items from Nov.2 that have not arrived. Hitman 2 Gold Edition was supposed to be in my hands on Friday. Nope, maybe by end of the week. At some point the vendor needs to wake up and offer customers another option. With Black Friday looking, Amazon will have its bases covered.
Apr 7, 2007
873 posts
750 upvotes
Toronto
When does Wal Mart ship their games? For launch day delivery or on launch day?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
H8TR wrote: When does Wal Mart ship their games? For launch day delivery or on launch day?
Depends where you are. For me in east GTA, they generally arrive on launch day. If Canada Post is used, it varies. If Purloator or another 3rd party is used, it is on time.

And as it has been said on here for the last 10 years, if you cannot wait, go buy it in store and then return the mailed one once it arrives.
Deal Addict
Oct 7, 2011
2680 posts
6237 upvotes
Windsor
Got email from Walmart saying my order was shipped using UPS.
Deal Addict
Jul 4, 2011
3272 posts
387 upvotes
My order for Pokemon shipped yesterday, although I made two orders.. (1 using a credit card that expired on November, so I remade the order with a different credit card cause I was scared the first order wouldn't go through cause of the expiry date on the CC).

The expired CC order shipped using Canada Post (which is now delayed til Monday even though it's in Hamilton)
The second order shipped using UPS (still scheduled for today).

Pretty ridiculous that Canada Post strikes so often, especially with Black Friday and Christmas coming

EDIT: Canada Post just delivered my order.. (tracking didn't say "out for delivery" or anything. The expected delivery date also changed from the 16th to 19th, so pretty surprising)
Last edited by BlissKira on Nov 16th, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jun 13, 2015
161 posts
77 upvotes
L'Assomption
Got an email from Walmart saying my Battlefield V will ship on launch day due to publisher’s restrictions. What BS is that?
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2006
4864 posts
1865 upvotes
Ajax
Mcik316 wrote: Got an email from Walmart saying my Battlefield V will ship on launch day due to publisher’s restrictions. What BS is that?
That's some mighty BS on the publisher, not on WM. Anyhow, but in store if you MUST have day one or digital as many seem to do nowadays.