Expired Hot Deals

Walmart

Echelon Connect Sport Indoor Spin Bike with 30-day Free Echelon United Membership - $599

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2021 4:23 pm
[OP]
Banned
Jul 4, 2021
17 posts
24 upvotes

[Walmart] Echelon Connect Sport Indoor Spin Bike with 30-day Free Echelon United Membership - $599

for the longest time it was $699 and back normal to $599 price
there is $25 fee shipping
there is $10 off your next $100+ purchase (https://www.walmart.ca/en/help/faq/lega ... 354ab70b91)
Thread Summary
Looking for more options? Check out RFD Reviews' top picks for the best spin bikes!
23 replies
May 9, 2017
29 posts
43 upvotes
Anyone know if this is worth it or is something like Schwinn ic4 better to buy?
Feb 13, 2018
59 posts
56 upvotes
it this the cheapest it has been?
Oct 5, 2008
662 posts
715 upvotes
GTA
Got the Echelon on Black Friday last year for $599, with 6 months free (but there was a way to get 12 months). Loving it so far! For me, being able to see how I'm faring against other riders (and my own personal best) makes all the difference. I can push myself to exhaustion, even in a 20 minute ride (though I usually do 30 or 45 minutes), with no aches and pains afterward. A similar output with running or other activities would usually have me sore and/or mildly injured afterward.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 20, 2018
5807 posts
4870 upvotes
troggdogg wrote: Anyone know if this is worth it or is something like Schwinn ic4 better to buy?
I would do the Schwinn if you're in okay shape or a guy. The sport is good value but it's a beginner bike and I outgrew it and got a peloton after a few months . The "highest" resistance is just too low

Echelon app/platform is also hot garbage ...I was using peloton classes even before I got the actual bike . I still have like 8mths access left on my echelon (got 12mths free) and just cringe when I check on it once in a while...
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
7052 posts
3077 upvotes
GTA
StatsGuy wrote: I would do the Schwinn if you're in okay shape or a guy. The sport is good value but it's a beginner bike and I outgrew it and got a peloton after a few months . The "highest" resistance is just too low

Echelon app/platform is also hot garbage ...I was using peloton classes even before I got the actual bike . I still have like 8mths access left on my echelon (got 12mths free) and just cringe when I check on it once in a while...
It's not that bad. Had it since the last deal and it's still going great. I also do road biking in summer so I am an "okay shape guy". You might be too good for the bike :)

The app quality is a fair statement, but it's passable and there are alternatives. You are also paying 1/5 of an Peloton. This is still a very good deal at $599.
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2011
1754 posts
3803 upvotes
Mississauga
troggdogg wrote: Anyone know if this is worth it or is something like Schwinn ic4 better to buy?
It depends if you are willing to spend double on a bike. I have the sport and I am perfectly fine with it.
Mar 8, 2020
30 posts
63 upvotes
+1 I was able to get my order adjusted from when I bought it for $699.99 by contacting Walmart's Online Chat.

Thanks for contacting our Customer Service team about your recent order. You’ve successfully been refunded $114.12. The refund will be credited to your original method of payment. Any Walmart Reward Dollars™ redeemed will be refunded to the original card used. It may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
Aug 11, 2005
500 posts
15 upvotes
Mississauga
imshoufurry wrote: +1 I was able to get my order adjusted from when I bought it for $699.99 by contacting Walmart's Online Chat.

Thanks for contacting our Customer Service team about your recent order. You’ve successfully been refunded $114.12. The refund will be credited to your original method of payment. Any Walmart Reward Dollars™ redeemed will be refunded to the original card used. It may take up to two billing cycles for the credit to appear on your statement.
How long ago did you buy it?
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2796 posts
700 upvotes
imshoufurry wrote: +1 I was able to get my order adjusted from when I bought it for $699.99 by contacting Walmart's Online Chat.

Out of curiosity, when did you buy?
[OP]
Banned
Jul 4, 2021
17 posts
24 upvotes
I think this is on the basic side, and IC4 on the pro side. IC4 connects to peleton app directly, so you would see all your info on the app, and don't need two screen. If that works for you.
Feb 13, 2018
59 posts
56 upvotes
Good review for those considering this bike:
Mar 8, 2020
30 posts
63 upvotes
@dbcooper @knapper I bought it back in June but the return period I believe says 120 Days so If you bought it within then you should be able to get that price adjusted.
Deal Addict
Jun 22, 2004
2796 posts
700 upvotes
imshoufurry wrote: @dbcooper @knapper I bought it back in June but the return period I believe says 120 Days so If you bought it within then you should be able to get that price adjusted.
Thanks, I am way past that.
Nov 19, 2016
89 posts
79 upvotes
I got mine last December with the original deal and can confirm it's totally worth the $600. I upgraded to clipless pedals (Shimano PD-M520) for $60.

I'm 100 official rides in on the App, and my wife is 50 rides in. Sure, the App isn't amazing, but it's fine for a good workout. I had to experiment to find an instructor I liked and a class type that suited me though. I'm in decent shape (run 50 kms a week, spin 3 times a week), regularly finish in the top 5% of riders and find that resistance is plenty for me! Sure, Peleton might be better, but is it 6X better?
[OP]
Banned
Jul 4, 2021
17 posts
24 upvotes
jbldeals wrote: I got mine last December with the original deal and can confirm it's totally worth the $600. I upgraded to clipless pedals (Shimano PD-M520) for $60.

I'm 100 official rides in on the App, and my wife is 50 rides in. Sure, the App isn't amazing, but it's fine for a good workout. I had to experiment to find an instructor I liked and a class type that suited me though. I'm in decent shape (run 50 kms a week, spin 3 times a week), regularly finish in the top 5% of riders and find that resistance is plenty for me! Sure, Peleton might be better, but is it 6X better?
What are your thoughts on IC4? Have you tried that? Does this one has any issues? Like sounds? Have you used Peleton app with it?
Jul 1, 2003
866 posts
119 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Have had this since late February and absolutely love it. Resistance goes to 32 and it's pretty sticky but agree with the previous poster that it could be more. I honestly don't feel any resistance under about 20, so really this only goes from 20-32 for me, but I still get a great workout. The app has been greatly improved since I first used it and Echelon have been quite responsive on Facebook to suggestions. I'm actually thinking about picking up the rower as well.
-Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become Legend.-
Jan 9, 2021
14 posts
6 upvotes
Shoutout to the third party app qDomyos-Zwift that connects this bike to Apple Watch, Zwift, peloton, and uploads way more data to strava.